Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

hace 2 horas, AHF dijo:

Kg said he was the first or second best player on the Trailblazers last season in the Denver series and I gave his playoff numbers and compared him to other Blazers.  It is almost 1/5 of a season worth of games.  No idea why you are comparing him to Hawks.  He didn’t play for the Hawks last year so he couldn’t rank anywhere compared to his teammates because the Hawks weren’t his teammates.

Again, we were talking playoff performance.  This is not a new trend for Turner either.  He steps his game down for the playoffs.  Not a personal issue - just super easy to scheme for someone that plays 1-3 and can’t shoot a jumper.

When you said 10th on the roster I thought you were rating his PER against Hawks players, I just realized you were talking about Blazers roster, my fault

• Like 1

Aye @Spud2nique my guy Isola goes on a classic rant this morning about John Wall and his contract.  He mentioned Josh Norman jumping over the bull during the 'running of the bulls' in Spain.

Isola says, "So you have an elite athlete in Josh Norman jumping over a bull in his offseason and you have another elite athlete in John Wall who falls walking around in his house sipping tea and tears his achilles?  You expect me to believe that?"

😆 Haha, I was dying.  Ain't no way Wall tore his Achilles in a "fall at home".  Just like that Mets baseball player basically did the same thing in a "fall at home".  Yeah, ok.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, kg01 said:

The point is, AH is being a little extra in his criticism.

You are ridiculously buffing up his performance.  I am literally just giving you the facts with how he performed.  Tell me which game he dominated while Dame **** the bed in Round 1?

18 hours ago, kg01 said:

Watch games, AH.  POR doesn't make it past round 1 w/o Turner's contributions.  Lillard was chokin their life away til Turner saved his bacon.

This ain't rotisserie sports where all yer doing is working a calculator.

#AgendaSquawkReturns 

Portland won Round 1, 4 games to 1.  I am skeptical you are even talking about round 1 but I'll give your post the benefit of the doubt.  So let's look at Turner's contributions and you tell me what games he won for them:

Game by Game

Game 1 - 3 points on 3 FGA, 4 rb,  3as, +2 +/-  vs  Dame: 30 points on 21 attempts, 4, 4, 3, +11

Game 2 - 0 points on 2 FGA, 3 rb, 0 as, -3 +/-  vs  29 on 21 attempts, 4, 6, 3, +27

Game 3 - 0 points on 2 FGA, 3 rb, 0 as, -3  vs  32 on 21 attempts, 4, 6, 2, -8

Game 4 - 0 points on 2 FGA, 4 rb, 0 as, -9  vs  24 on 19 attempts, 3, 8, 1, +16

Game 5 - 1 point on 2 FGA, 4 rb, 3 as, -1  vs  50 on 33 attempts, 7, 6, 3, +9

Series totals:

Damian Lillard 165 points on 115 attempts, 22 rebounds, 28 assists, 12 steals, +55 for the series

Evan Turner 4 points on 11 attempts, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, -14 for the series

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

You are ridiculously buffing up his performance.  I am literally just giving you the facts with how he performed.  Tell me which game he dominated while Dame **** the bed in Round 1?

Portland won Round 1, 4 games to 1.  I am skeptical you are even talking about round 1 but I'll give your post the benefit of the doubt.  So let's look at Turner's contributions and you tell me what games he won for them:

Game by Game

Game 1 - 3 points on 3 FGA, 4 rb,  3as, +2 +/-  vs  Dame: 30 points on 21 attempts, 4, 4, 3, +11

Game 2 - 0 points on 2 FGA, 3 rb, 0 as, -3 +/-  vs  29 on 21 attempts, 4, 6, 3, +27

Game 3 - 0 points on 2 FGA, 3 rb, 0 as, -3  vs  32 on 21 attempts, 4, 6, 2, -8

Game 4 - 0 points on 2 FGA, 4 rb, 0 as, -9  vs  24 on 19 attempts, 3, 8, 1, +16

Game 5 - 1 point on 2 FGA, 4 rb, 3 as, -1  vs  50 on 33 attempts, 7, 6, 3, +9

Series totals:

Damian Lillard 165 points on 115 attempts, 22 rebounds, 28 assists, 12 steals, +55 for the series

Evan Turner 4 points on 11 attempts, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, -14 for the series

I was wrong about the round.  Lillard starting spitting the bit in round 2 so re-start your calculator and gimme those numbers.

ETA: I find the vitriol with which you're attacking Turner to be particularly odd.  There's something personal happening here that you're not sharing with us.  Somebody get Dr. Phil on the line!

I don't even like Turner but you're making me out to be the president of his fan club.  😄

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Aye @Spud2nique my guy Isola goes on a classic rant this morning about John Wall and his contract.  He mentioned Josh Norman jumping over the bull during the 'running of the bulls' in Spain.

Isola says, "So you have an elite athlete in Josh Norman jumping over a bull in his offseason and you have another elite athlete in John Wall who falls walking around in his house sipping tea and tears his achilles?  You expect me to believe that?"

😆 Haha, I was dying.  Ain't no way Wall tore his Achilles in a "fall at home".  Just like that Mets baseball player basically did the same thing in a "fall at home".  Yeah, ok.

Love 💗 it. First off, you know I’m jumping over my nephew today at some point.

Secondly, doesn’t John Wall love the dirt bike 🏍 game? Moped 🏍 Monta game? I thought he did. 🤔 

Isola is pretty funny he’s like the only guy I can listen to on NBA radio. Scal is funny but he’s an idiot. Brendan Haywood has played basketball his whole life but doesn’t understand much about the game. Eddie Johnson can never be wrong in his own view. 

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Love 💗 it. First off, you know I’m jumping over my nephew today at some point.

Secondly, doesn’t John Wall love the dirt bike 🏍 game? Moped 🏍 Monta game? I thought he did. 🤔 

Isola is pretty funny he’s like the only guy I can listen to on NBA radio. Scal is funny but he’s an idiot. Brendan Haywood has played basketball his whole life but doesn’t understand much about the game. Eddie Johnson can never be wrong in his own view. 

No, that's Markelle Fultz who allegedly originally injured himself bmx biking.

I can also listen to Tim legler all day when he's on.  Speaking of Fultz, Legler says he thinks Fultz won't come back because he's a guy just comfortable living the NBA life.  No drive.

Sad .. but not really.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I was wrong about the round.  Lillard starting spitting the bit in round 2 so re-start your calculator and gimme those numbers.

ETA: I find the vitriol with which you're attacking Turner to be particularly odd.  There's something personal happening here that you're not sharing with us.  Somebody get Dr. Phil on the line!

I don't even like Turner but you're making me out to be the president of his fan club.  😄

He had like two good games in the playoffs.  In the second round, Lillard averaged 25 on 41% shooting, 5, 6, and 1.7 per game.  That is struggling for Dame but still plenty productive.

If someone stepped up to win that series for Portland it was McCollum at 26 on 45.5% shooting, 6, 3 and 1.

In the wins for the series, LD was +14, CJ was +33 and ET was +6.

Here were Turner's lines from the wins:

4 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals

0 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal

0 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 0 steals

14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals

4 game average of 4.5 points, 4.75 rebounds, 3.25 assists, and 0.25 steals. 

What Turner did was have 1 big game.  That was Game 7 so it was great for the team but he wasn't carrying them in any sense that series.  I totally give him credit for stepping up in the key game and I agree with you that Lillard struggled (25, 5, 6 and 2 on 41% shooting again is great for most players but struggling for him) but ET still wasn't that impressive for the series.  

Series average of 2.6 points on 33% shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 0.1 steals.

18 hours ago, kg01 said:

The point is, AH is being a little extra in his criticism.

If by extra, you mean eviscerating your specious argument with empirical quantitative data and facts, then yes he's being extra. You're really not good at admitting you're wrong.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He had like two good games in the playoffs.  In the second round, Lillard averaged 25 on 41% shooting, 5, 6, and 1.7 per game.  That is struggling for Dame but still plenty productive.

If someone stepped up to win that series for Portland it was McCollum at 26 on 45.5% shooting, 6, 3 and 1.

In the wins for the series, LD was +14, CJ was +33 and ET was +6.

Here were Turner's lines from the wins:

4 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 0 steals

0 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal

0 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 0 steals

14 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals

4 game average of 4.5 points, 4.75 rebounds, 3.25 assists, and 0.25 steals. 

What Turner did was have 1 big game.  That was Game 7 so it was great for the team but he wasn't carrying them in any sense that series.  I totally give him credit for stepping up in the key game and I agree with you that Lillard struggled (25, 5, 6 and 2 on 41% shooting again is great for most players but struggling for him) but ET still wasn't that impressive for the series.  

Series average of 2.6 points on 33% shooting, 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 0.1 steals.

Turner > Lillard

Mic drop.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

If by extra, you mean eviscerating your specious argument with empirical quantitative data and facts, then yes he's being extra. You're really not good at admitting you're wrong.

wthayta.gif

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Turner > Lillard

Mic drop.

I think that is about the closest to a concession you'll see from kg.  I'll stop dropping facts on this one.

One good thing for us is that Turner's deficiencies are heightened in the playoffs and so should be less of an issue during the regular season.  Since I think clearly we aren't being built with the goal of contending this season (if we do it will just reflect big growth from our youngsters), living with that is less of a burden than if you actually want to make noise in the post-season and so the regular season impact is probably more of TS's focus.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I can also listen to Tim legler all day when he's on.  Speaking of Fultz, Legler says he thinks Fultz won't come back because he's a guy just comfortable living the NBA life.  No drive.

Sad .. but not really.

His NBA money about to run out so say bye bye to NBA life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His NBA money about to run out so say bye bye to NBA life.

I'm interested to see if he gives Orlando anything this year.  You read in one place and he is a dead man walking.  You read in another and Orlando is counting on him to come in and give their guard rotation a significant boost.  

He has shown significant flashes but just looks mentally broken.  Like Nick Anderson but on steroids.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The intriguing question becomes how the 2-way slot comes into play, and who is and isn't a realistic candidate for that.

I like Wood. I like Bender. I like Patton, but only on a 2-way at this point.

I can understand also Livingston or Uncle Vince, but of course, those aren't 2-way candidates.

23 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sad .. but not really.

Oh Fultz too. I was just referring to Monta from like 10 years ago when he did something on a bike.