• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC/ATL | Thunder gets tax relief, Hawks get significantly improved 2022 1st rd

sturt

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Don't mind seeing Len stick around, but I just don't see us resigning him next OS.... assuming he continues to show promise, it's much like Dedmon's situation this time around.

I just meant this season, I don’t think he’ll be resigned either. Might not make it past trade deadline actually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

POST WESTBROOK TRADE EDITION

To ATL

2 years of Steven Adams + 4 years of Shai Gilgeous-Alexander on rookie contract (total salaries ~$29.8m) + some advantageous modification on 2022 1st rd pick

To OKC

1 year of Chandler Parsons (salary ~$25.1m)

That nets out for OKC about $4.7m in room, whereas they only need about $3.7m to be able to swing a deal with MIA that sends out Chris Paul and allows them to add even more to their sizeable draft pick bank.

We end up having to take on an additional big salary on next year's payroll (Adams). That's not a dealbreaker, but it's certainly a significant negative.

Otoh, that significant negative could be somewhat if not largely neutralized in getting Gilgeous-Alexander on his rookie contract, who would seem to be that tall, solid defender, 2nd PG that would complement our 1st PG nicely.

Of course, the trick would seem to be, could Presti and Schlenk come to agreement on the rest of the deal, ostensibly some improvement on our rights to their 2022 pick that seems destined to end up as two 2nd rounders instead.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sturt said:

POST WESTBROOK TRADE EDITION

To ATL

2 years of Steven Adams + 4 years of Shai Gilgeous-Alexander on rookie contract (total salaries ~$29.8m) + some advantageous modification on 2022 1st rd pick

To OKC

1 year of Chandler Parsons (salary ~$25.1m)

That nets out for OKC about $4.7m in room, whereas they only need about $3.7m to be able to swing a deal with MIA that sends out Chris Paul and allows them to add even more to their sizeable draft pick bank.

We end up having to take on an additional big salary on next year's payroll (Adams). That's not a dealbreaker, but it's certainly a significant negative.

Otoh, that significant negative could be somewhat if not largely neutralized in getting Gilgeous-Alexander on his rookie contract, who would seem to be that tall, solid defender, 2nd PG that would complement our 1st PG nicely.

Of course, the trick would seem to be, could Presti and Schlenk come to agreement on the rest of the deal, ostensibly some improvement on our rights to their 2022 pick that seems destined to end up as two 2nd rounders instead.

I’ve always said Sturt is a smart man who comes up with the best trades. 

Let me get this straight, we trade chandelier for taking on 2 years of Adams and SGA????? 

I would have signed off on this trade yesterday! YES.

• 2 months later...

Players not available: 

Trae

Collins

Cam

Hunter

Bruno

and Kevin

Players who are young that might be available: 

Len 

Parker - Less likely. We need him.

Players on rookie deals that are available: 

Bembry

Jones

Likely available young players: Len, Jones, or Bembry. 

One of the 1st could be available as well. 

Of course, Parsons or Crabbe is available as salary filler. 

I would only consider if we are in the playoff hunt and Len/Jones just isn't working with John like that. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Players not available: 

Trae

Collins

Cam

Hunter

Bruno

and Kevin

Players who are young that might be available: 

Len 

Parker - Less likely. We need him.

Players on rookie deals that are available: 

Bembry

Jones

Likely available young players: Len, Jones, or Bembry. 

One of the 1st could be available as well. 

Of course, Parsons or Crabbe is available as salary filler. 

I would only consider if we are in the playoff hunt and Len/Jones just isn't working with John like that. 

This was my original trade idea:

Here's a trade idea if OKC is just not looking for salary relief with pick #21:

OKC trades - Steven Adams (25x2), Roberson, (10) Patterson (5),  OKC 2019 1st, OKC reduces the protection to top 8 on the  2021 1st owed to the Hawks.

Hawks trade - Kent Bazemore ($19), Alex Len ($5), picks #41 and #44.

The deals saves OKC $14 mil and provide them with defense at the wing and 3pt shooting and 3 point shooting at C.

Hawks get a C (his offensive fit is not ideal but we get defense), another 2019 1st and better porotection on the future pick and we finally get rid of Baze.

Hawks currently have $5.3 mill in capspace.

Here's my offer:

Stephens Adams for Chandler Parsons/Allen Crabbe (salary relief for next season), Damian Jones (young player) OKC getting their 2022 1st round pick back (protected 1-14, then 2-2nds. [Parsons or Crabbe works, but OKC may prefer Crabbe since it can save them money off their tax bill this year]

Adams starts, Len off the bench, Bruno in progress!

• Like 1