• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Goodbye OKC 2022 1st round pick

sturt

• Premium Member
Just now, gurpilo said:

OKC have 4 first round picks in 2020 and 2021 and they already have Shai, it might happen they are back to playoffs by 2022. Additionally they will have tons of cap space on 2021. And I oike Darius Bszley a lot too

Points well taken.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

OKC have 4 first round picks in 2020 and 2021 and they already have Shai, it might happen they are back to playoffs by 2022. Additionally they will have tons of cap space on 2021. And I oike Darius Bszley a lot too

Paul is currently on the books for $44M for the 2021 offseason. I'm not sure how much room they've actually have unless they can move him.

Also, I love watching the ESPN guys move between intellectually inconsistent positions.

How did Houston do?  They had to give up 4 draft assets (2 firsts and 2 first round swap rights) to move Paul's terrible contract.  Paul is toxic but apparently not completely untradeable so that premium seems right.

How did OKC do?  Now they can move Paul for more draft assets!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27171483/massive-westbrook-cp3-trade-means

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

Paul is currently on the books for $44M for the 2021 offseason. I'm not sure how much room they've actually have unless they can move him.

Also, I love watching the ESPN guys move between intellectually inconsistent positions.

How did Houston do?  They had to give up 4 draft assets (2 firsts and 2 first round swap rights) to move Paul's terrible contract.  Paul is toxic but apparently not completely untradeable so that premium seems right.

How did OKC do?  Now they can move Paul for more draft assets!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27171483/massive-westbrook-cp3-trade-means

Paul is the only significant salary in the 2021 offseason. Schröder and Adams will be FAs.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Paul is the only significant salary in the 2021 offseason. Schröder and Adams will be FAs.

They will have room but will have other players occupying some room by then and color me skeptical that FAs will want to gather in Oklahoma.  Not a coincidence that all these stars forced their way to NY and LA this offseason.