• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spellman Ate his Way out of ATL (Traded to GSW)

kg01

Just now, kg01 said:

There always was a policy against it, IIUC.  You just violated it with impunity since AHF is scared-a you.

Where was the athletic 2 years ago. I’m not signing up. I’d rather write my own articles 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Good point.  Who cares if stu shakes his fist at life.  He's gonna find something to be mad about either way.

Why does it feel like I just fell for some bait? hehe

3...2... get ready to read 5 paragraphs and not understand anything 😆 

OH COME ON STU! If we don’t clown our own fam, what the heck is the point. If I’m Omari then ur Ann Landers I’m sorry 😝 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched Jones play early in the Warriors season. Started in front of Looney before getting hurt. Not sure if Looney was hurt at the time. He's super athletic so he runs the court, protects the rim and finishes well around the basket. He needs to stay healthy but there is room for growth.  I like the pickup but hate losing Spellman who has so much talent.  Part of being a professional is staying in shape and being ready when called upon.                   The last two moves of Parker and Jones brings in two first round picks both twenty four yrs old, one being the second pick in the draft and has averaged twenty pts.in a season.

In the fourth quarter it really helps if you have guys that can score and get to the line instead of jacking up threes. At last check we don't have many guys who have averaged twenty pts.in a season.

This could be two underated moves that turn out to be very beneficial. The Hawks have added shooters and scorers this season. We shall see if they make more moves.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Watched Jones play early in the Warriors season. Started in front of Looney before getting hurt. Not sure if Looney was hurt at the time. He's super athletic so he runs the court, protects the rim and finishes well around the basket. He needs to stay healthy but there is room for growth.  I like the pickup but hate losing Spellman who has so much talent.  Part of being a professional is staying in shape and being ready when called upon.                   The last two moves of Parker and Jones brings in two first round picks both twenty four yrs old, one being the second pick in the draft and has averaged twenty pts.in a season.

In the fourth quarter it really helps if you have guys that can score and get to the line instead of jacking up threes. At last check we don't have many guys who have averaged twenty pts.in a season.

This could be two underated moves that turn out to be very beneficial. The Hawks have added shooters and scorers this season. We shall see if they make more moves.

Well stated.

I find it funny how all these Warrior fans keep saying Jones is trash yet he started over Looney.

Perhaps the dude needed a situation where could come in and learn rather than have his every mistake played out in the playoffs?

He'll have that chance here ... for now.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

JUST WONDERING:

In this season's draft, there was a big old boy that went #1.  Zion Williamson is indeed a wonderful prospect.  Spellman, it's been said, ate his way out of Atlanta because he couldn't control his weight.  Now, Spellman is not lacking in NBA talent.  He wasn't selected any where near #1 but he was in the first round and he proved that he could play.

Zion W. seems to have missed several opportunities o showcase his talents this summer.  I'll bet he's being wined and dined as the #1 selection.  Could it be that, like Spellman, some of this feasting is beginning to settle around his belly button?  Just wondering.  Any one know or would like to take a guess?

:facts3:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

JUST WONDERING:

In this season's draft, there was a big old boy that went #1.  Zion Williamson is indeed a wonderful prospect.  Spellman, it's been said, ate his way out of Atlanta because he couldn't control his weight.  Now, Spellman is not lacking in NBA talent.  He wasn't selected any where near #1 but he was in the first round and he proved that he could play.

Zion W. seems to have missed several opportunities o showcase his talents this summer.  I'll bet he's being wined and dined as the #1 selection.  Could it be that, like Spellman, some of this feasting is beginning to settle around his belly button?  Just wondering.  Any one know or would like to take a guess?

:facts3:

If he doesn’t watch it (his waist), those poor knees are gonna take a pounding and fail him sooner than later 💥

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 Gramps just tryin to weed out the FACTS from the bo$hit 😝 

Catch it before the ban! 👏🏼

Edited by hazer
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wait, did GM just drop a #Facts on us?

There's a lotta hacked accounts going 'round these days it seems.

The Bible says:  AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE. --John 8:32  KJV

Yes, what I posted was true.  Spellman is no longer a Hawk.  We all saw how out of shape he was in game 1, summer league.  Our GM traded him away.  Seemed reasonable that the two things are connected.

Then I have to wonder, since he is not allowed to play and he is a big old boy, if the #1 draft pick might have a weight problem?

:cool:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Still curious as to why Golden State wants him!

He does have some talent, if he keeps the weight off. I'm glad to hear he's down to 275.  310 pounds is just crazy!   I hope the trade was a wake up call and he can stick around the league for a while.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Still curious as to why Golden State wants him!

He has some bball skills, that if he gets it together can be useful. GSW lacked a 3pt shooting big...they got a BIG:hehe: in Spellman.

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He does have some talent, if he keeps the weight off. I'm glad to hear he's down to 275.  310 pounds is just crazy!   I hope the trade was a wake up call and he can stick around the league for a while.

Gotta get it right: 315 el bees!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He has some bball skills, that if he gets it together can be useful. GSW lacked a 3pt shooting big...they got a BIG:hehe: in Spellman.

Gotta get it right: 315 el bees!!!

Thats a lot of KFC and Krispy Kreme🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2