• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Schlenk be thinking Damian Jones profiles as a young Dedmon?

sturt

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'll give him a couple real games 'til I fully pull the chute on him.  Still, even if he is a bust, I'd take him all day over Cal-O'mari aka the Human Puffer Fish aka the @Spud2nique of the Warriors (hehe, must be close to the regular season with all the spud-fat jokes).

Must be nice to change ur avatar freely? Don’t take it for granted. What is it btw? I can’t tell my eyes are bad.

All Hawk fans love all of our Hawk players.  Team plays one pre season game and we all turn thumbs down on one of our own. 

Some how we must learn to be patient.  Terrible defense and terrible turnovers.  We must all believe that this will improve.  Damian Jones wasn't the only Hawk that didn't have a great game.  How much time has he had with Lloyd and his staff?  He has his degree, proving he isn't a dumb bunny.

Tonight's game will not show that all our faults have been corrected.  We all had dreams of our perfect NBA team.  One pre season game and our dream is shattered, on the floor in ruins.

Hawks are not as good as we wish that they were but they are not as bad as they showed in game one of the pre season.  Some of our players didn't play.  Some who played are headed to our G League team.  LP told them to go out and play, have fun and don't worry about anything.  No real game plan. 

We will do it again in game two.  The sky is not falling.  Hawks are not great.  But, remember this, we're gaining on greatness!  Most everyone thought our three rookies looked pretty good in game one.  Look for positive things in game two.

:locomotive:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Must be nice to change ur avatar freely? Don’t take it for granted. What is it btw? I can’t tell my eyes are bad.

BSPN put out fancy smancy logos for college football teams a couple years ago.  That's GT's version.

• Like 1

If things don't workout with Jones, my starting trade targets are:

1. S. Ibaka - Fits the timeline in terms of vet that will transition into Bruno in a couple of years like Donaldson for Austin Riley. Perfect system fit with a reasonable price tag if Toronto is open to trading him.

2. S. Adams - The best fit available period but OKC wants way too much. Needs to bring the price down before we consider.

3. A. Byrnes- Reasonably priced. I think we can get him for a good trade price. Would fit our starting unit even if he is a low end starting center. Finding a system fit and fit for Trae and John is most important. 

4. M. Bamba - An ideal fit, unlikely to be available. 

5. W. Carter Jr. - A tremendous fit, highly unlikely to be available. 

6. KAT - A perfect fit with Trae and LP, no chance at getting him.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

M. Bamba 

He’s gonna quiet 🤫 some haters this year. Some people actually think he fell off. I don’t think that’s the case I think he’s ready to roll. 

Im not a fan of KAT. At some point he needs to get the Wolves 🐺 some wins and playoff ones at that.  He’s starting to be typecast as a guy who can’t lead his team to anything.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s gonna quiet 🤫 some haters this year. Some people actually think he fell off. I don’t think that’s the case I think he’s ready to roll. 

Im not a fan of KAT. At some point he needs to get the Wolves 🐺 some wins and playoff ones at that.  He’s starting to be typecast as a guy who can’t lead his team to anything.

Did I write this? Always been a Bo Mamba fan, KAT detractor 💯 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

KAT is sawwft.  Got bodied by Capela in the playoffs the one year he was able to ride Jimi's coattails to get there.  He's a sawft version of Devin Booker if Booker was a (non)power forward.

Don't @ me @Sothron.  Actually do @ me since I'm starting to think you're in jail again or something.  Seriously, anybody seen't saphron lately.  Season's almost here.  What happened, his compaq presario 2000 finally died on him?

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Further proof you and spud2 are the same brain.  Now, here's proof that I'm not ...

I am not a fan of Bamba.  I think he's a guy just happy to be in the league.  Was probably stoked that Vucevic re-signed.  Means he can toil in backup QB-level stardom and not be asked to actually deliver anything on the court.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, hazer said:

I swear I look at ur posts and feel the same sometimes I have to look up to see if I wrote it or not 😂 

@kg01 is also in the same wave length as you and I...and Frank Isola. He’s just too cool 😎 for school! 😂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

KAT is sawwft.  Got bodied by Capela in the playoffs the one year he was able to ride Jimi's coattails to get there.  He's a sawft version of Devin Booker if Booker was a (non)power forward.

Don't @ me @Sothron.  Actually do @ me since I'm starting to think you're in jail again or something.  Seriously, anybody seen't saphron lately.  Season's almost here.  What happened, his compaq presario 2000 finally died on him?

Further proof you and spud2 are the same brain.  Now, here's proof that I'm not ...

I am not a fan of Bamba.  I think he's a guy just happy to be in the league.  Was probably stoked that Vucevic re-signed.  Means he can toil in backup QB-level stardom and not be asked to actually deliver anything on the court.

I will say I don’t love his mental makeup. But at 80%, he might be a better big than most playing at 💯. The physical tools 🧰 are just too freakish on the court. It’s almost as if he is bound to produce one way or another. 

But I will grant you that producing isn’t anywhere near winning as Melo and others have illustrated in the past. 

• Admin

No to KAT as he actually doesnt fit ... we have a terrible defensive team and he does not help there at all.

I would love Myles Turner ... I think his talent and d would fit nice with our current crop.  I wonder if Indiana would be open as they have to decide about him or Sabonis.  I like Sabonis but not for us as he isn't a great defender either

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Myles Turner

Oooohhh, I’m gonna take a polite pass as I believe he’s been marked as the guy that you posterize. He was getting exposed on the USA team this summer. 

I’ll take Sabonis any day.

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm forced to work mandatory overtime at work that blocks this site so my ability to post is not good until that is over.

KAT is awesome. He got them to the playoffs when he an All Star level player next to him. This is the WC. He won't be able to do that again unless he gets that again.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I swear I look at ur posts and feel the same sometimes I have to look up to see if I wrote it or not 😂 

@kg01 is also in the same wave length as you and I...and Frank Isola. He’s just too cool 😎 for school! 😂 

Hole up, which one’a y’all is my burner? 🤔

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

But I will grant you that producing isn’t anywhere near winning as Melo and others have illustrated in the past. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sMelo was a winning player until the NY stank got on him.  Check out his DEN years, bro.  Don't let the brite lights of the big city cloud your view.

@Sothron, for all his production and talk, KAT is supposed to be the aircraft carrier dragging them to at least an 8seed.  As it is, he was a quiet kitten until Jimi and Thibs were gone.  Now he's billy bad a** with all his comments this offseason. 

I'm no fan of Thibs, but the stuff Towns has said this offseason really turned me off of him as a player.  Basically blamed Thibs for everything, took no responsibility for any of the losing.  Basically also said his production improved once Thibs was gone.

He forgot two things though (a) as his numbers grew they were losing more and (b) he knows good and well he started stat-padding to try to squeeze into 3rd team all-NBA C to get the super-max.  You ain't foolin' me, Towns.

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oooohhh, I’m gonna take a polite pass as I believe he’s been marked as the guy that you posterize. He was getting exposed on the USA team this summer. 

I’ll take Sabonis any day.

Turner fits more than either Sabonis or KAT.  Although I do actually like Sabonis, I feel he'd get exposed if he were a starter.

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

Hole up, which one’a y’all is my burner? 🤔

... yes?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1. S. Ibaka - Fits the timeline in terms of vet that will transition into Bruno in a couple of years like Donaldson for Austin Riley. Perfect system fit with a reasonable price tag if Toronto is open to trading him.

2. S. Adams - The best fit available period but OKC wants way too much. Needs to bring the price down before we consider.

3. A. Byrnes- Reasonably priced. I think we can get him for a good trade price. Would fit our starting unit even if he is a low end starting center. Finding a system fit and fit for Trae and John is most important. 

1, 2, 3 may be reasonably priced.

4, 5, 6 - not available or ask is too high.

Available FAs - Joakim Noah, Kenneth Faried, Timothy Mozgov - very slim pickings.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'd inquire about Nurkic. With his injury, Whiteside, Portland's playoff hopes and tax problems, we might could get him fairly cheap. He's young, on a good contract, can defend, pass, set good screens. Might could stretch to 3 too.

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1, 2, 3 may be reasonably priced.

4, 5, 6 - not available or ask is too high.

Available FAs - Joakim Noah, Kenneth Faried, Timothy Mozgov - very slim pickings.

2 at this time isn't. I think we would have jumped on it if it was.

All of those FAs are trash but so is Jones

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

2 at this time isn't. I think we would have jumped on it if it was.

All of those FAs are trash but so is Jones

I'd rather have Noah over Jones.

I'd take Gorgui Deng over Jones.

I'd take a retired Zaza over Jones.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

I'd inquire about Nurkic. With his injury, Whiteside, Portland's playoff hopes and tax problems, we might could get him fairly cheap. He's young, on a good contract, can defend, pass, set good screens. Might could stretch to 3 too.

Nurkic won't come cheap based on what you said - young on a good contract, defends, passes, sets good screens etc.

Whiteside is only a stop gap expiring until Nurkic returns. Most PTL fans think the Whiteside fit isn't ideal.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Nurkic won't come cheap based on what you said - young on a good contract, defends, passes, sets good screens etc.

Whiteside is only a stop gap expiring until Nurkic returns. Most PTL fans think the Whiteside fit isn't ideal.

Probably, I'd just keep tabs on it if I were the Hawks, I'm not the biggest believer in the Blazers. They're pretty rough this year outside of Dame/CJ