• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae and John on USA Basketball Select Team

marco102

37 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Rashad Phillips and Max Van Auken (covers Orlando) discuss the Atlanta Hawks.   They discuss Trae, John, Cam and the new additions.  I know Rashad is crazy high on Cam and Trae, but the other guy agrees.  Predicts Cam breaking out in year three and the Hawks making the Eastern conference finals in Cam's third season.  Predicts Trae 21 pts and 11 assists next season and leadsthe NBA in assists (@nbasupes  will probably agree with this). They also like the Jabari addition..  Follow the link to the full podcast it's a good listen.  When media from division rivals discuss your young team like this, it let's you know the Hawks are doing it right.  

People not gonna know what hit them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Daaaaaaang, @AHawks89 just put me on blaassst, didn't he? 😆

Hol' on, lemme park my rascal and put in my miracle ear.  Get off my lawn!!

And I'm well aware the shorts thing is a trend.  Doesn't mean I gotta like it.

Maybe Ahawks needs ta wipe the Similac off his chin before comin' at this geezer.

If it's trendy then you HAVE to like it, old man.

Jokes a side, I totally meant to put all of it in green font.  Had a few to many last night 😂

The ol AHawks89 chatroom version of me came out after a few drinks. Hopefully the chatroom opens back up before season starts! 

• Haha 4

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

With all of the draft picks OKC are building up they will probably steal the Hawks thunder (no pun intended of course) in a couple of years as the legacy media would hype up any team above the Hawks.

I think our rebuild is like 3 years ahead of theirs...no? I mean they haven’t even really started the rebuild yet.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

With all of the draft picks OKC are building up they will probably steal the Hawks thunder (no pun intended of course) in a couple of years as the legacy media would hype up any team above the Hawks.

I think all their picks are a bit of fool's gold.

Late 1sts and pick swaps with teams who'll always be better than you?  Ok, but all those just amount to fodder for deals for non-star players.

Meh.

Looks good on paper and all but the reality isn't as grand.

IMHO, these deals are just to clear the decks for a sale of the franchise.  I don't think they'll be in OKC much longer.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think all their picks are a bit of fool's gold.

Late 1sts and pick swaps with teams who'll always be better than you?  Ok, but all those just amount to fodder for deals for non-star players.

Meh.

Looks good on paper and all but the reality isn't as grand.

IMHO, these deals are just to clear the decks for a sale of the franchise.  I don't think they'll be in OKC much longer.

This response is to both you and spud.

I’m mainly talking in terms of the media. I’ll agree that another great team in OKC isn’t sround the corner.

Where do you think they relocate to?

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I’m mainly talking in terms of the media. I’ll agree that another great team in OKC isn’t sround the corner.

At this rate without adam silver’s 💰 hungry a$$... VEGAS!

Ps Larry Ellison buys them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I think Vegas.  I hope Seattle.

13 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Adam Silver has made me miss Stern. I never thought that missing Stern would be possible.

I've said if before and I'll say it again, just as (most of) the unpopular moves Stern made benefited the league in the long run, (most of) the popular moves Sliver has made will be to the league's detriment in the long run.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, AHawks89 said:

You're prob about 5-10 years older than me. The short shorts are coming back. I feel like JC is making them come back. I see a lot of athletes rocking them now and it feels nice. 

In my high school days girls were sent home to change if they showed up in hot pants and when they showed up later that day in different colored hot pants they got detention for it. A decade later and MJ's style became the safe bet. 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think Vegas.  I hope Seattle.

I've said if before and I'll say it again, just as (most of) the unpopular moves Stern made benefited the league in the long run, (most of) the popular moves Sliver has made will be to the league's detriment in the long run.

The real problem with Stern was all he ever cared about was what it takes to keep the Celtics and Lakers pounding each other in a seven game series for a ring. Pretty transparent person and he readily admitted that was his favorite matchup. 

• Like 2

... hol' on, lemme drag this soapbox outta storage ...

Am I the only one seeing these bright red flags surrounding this?  I can't be the only one.

When they pulled him outta SL it was because 'ohh him might get hurt' and 'ah, don't worry 'bout it, he's on the USA team so he'll get his work in there'.

Well, apparently not.  What TF, mayne?!

I mean, at some point basketball players gotta ... uhm ... play basketball, right?! 

What're they saving him for?  Their playoff run?!?!  Don't make me laugh, David Griffin!

And it's not just him.  All these dudes pulling out for flimsy reasons.  I get it with Beal.  Just had a kid.  Stay home, mayne.  But most of these dudes gon' be pulling out on top of load managing on top of just flat out sitting out games.  This has gone too freaking far.

They're gonna pull out of USA basketball only to go play in these rando summer leagues and open gyms where they could get injured anyways.  You'd rather have Jimmy the janitor there to get you medical attention if it happens or would you rather have an actual USA bball medical staff on hand if something goes wrong?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Guys in the 70's and 80's sacrificed and put up with a lot of nonsense to facilitate the money guys make nowadays.  Rather than honoring those sacrifices, today's players are laying the groundwork which will end up harming "their league" just as much as the prior generations helped it.

PS: I hate hearing NBA people saying that, "Our league".  So freaking pretentious.

All right, I'm off my soapbox.   I was listening to Smells like Teen Spirit as I wrote that. 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smells like Teen Spirit 

I just smelt some of that at the gym. Hot hot hot smoking hot girl doesn’t go in the gym but rather walks around the entire complex with her dog 🐕. Kg, she wanted attention. She really did. Teen spirit attention...like oh myyyy god Becky look at her butt..

riiiiiiiiiiiiiight? 🧘🏽‍♂️ Namaste 🙏🏿 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, AHF said:

How to Know You Are Entering the Danger Zone:  When Lewis CK is thinking twice about what you just posted.

In case you needed another reason to hate love me ...

I see your hands shaking, AH.  You scared?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In case you needed another reason to hate love me ...

I see your hands shaking, AH.  You scared?

Was texting about that with my brothers and dad today.  The Tech grads among the family are very excited about the series and I root for Tech as long as they aren't playing UK or UGA so we are all pretty happy.  We all also agree that this will almost surely be an easy W on the schedule for the Cats but should be good exposure for Tech recruiting.