• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae and John on USA Basketball Select Team

marco102

On 7/23/2019 at 1:25 PM, AHF said:

I've seen a lot of turrible UK football teams over the years running pro systems (and some much better ones running "gimmick" offenses like Hal Mumme's Air Raid teams).  Running a pro system is no guarantee of success and for teams that struggle to recruit I think a niche system is actually a really good way to improve performance.  I just think it caps the level of success you can have and so whether it is right for a particular school depends on that school's aspirations.  Triple option has its place in the college game and most of the teams that opt to use it will end up punching above their weight class.

Well said and really, were the seventies and eighties really that long ago. Remembering Thomas Lott and Billy Sims making the vaulted FSU guys look totally out classed and took a trophy. Yeah, we are in a different era but teams needing to recruit need to show offensive skills guys a plan for them to score a lot if they are borderline heavyweights or they go elsewhere. Doesn't mean championships so much as we have seen but successful careers for both players and coaches do happen with this. College ball for me is so wide open anyway I love it all. OK, Dawgs first but then its all fun.   

• Like 1

Trae and John deserve to be on the main roster when looking at the Vets they decided to replace the stars with.

Like seriously Bam Abedayo over JC? Really

Or Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart over Young

I can’t wait for the scrimmages, the Select team is going to give the main roster fits. They are lucky they promoted Fox because had they not he and Trae would’ve ran through those guys.

Homerism aside, Trae Young is the perfect fit for international play. He can shoot over the zone and extend the defense and is honestly the best playmaker in Las Vegas right now.  He is going to show out when they face each other

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I just saw it on his Twitter. He was out some yesterday as well. He had a shot at the main squad as well. Seems like Derrick White got the spot.

So he can't even beat out  Fox or White, but he is going to lead this team to greatness?lol

Edited by Plainview1981

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

So he can't even beat out  Fox or White, but he is going to lead this team to greatness?lol

Fox is a young stud.  White is 25 and injury free while Young is 20 and hurt.  Young >> White

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Fox has more experience and an young stud.

White is Trae's replacement from injury.

• Like 2

Hearing John is clearly outplaying Kuzma and it's not close but Bagley is outplaying all of the bigs and it's not close. 

Bagley should get the spot, sadly for John, Kuzma was already on the squad before the start. He should be there. I hope it fuels him for a dominate 2019-2020. Bagley to me was the best prospect in last year's class so it's come to no surprise for me. I always thought he could be the best player in the NBA one day. I like the Kings future as much as I like ours but just a tad less since we got Cam Reddish who I am higher on than anyone but Bagley but I am sky high on both.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

He got hurt at the end of day 2 before White got selected. From what I've heard from people on the ground, Trae was the favorite to get the spot till the eye injury. 

Fox got the spot before it all started like Kuzma. Even though it wasn't promised like it was for Mitchell, Kuz and Walker, it was still a lock.

Edited by NBASupes