• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae and John on USA Basketball Select Team

marco102

My pride is hurt. Here I thought Trae and John would be the ones breaking out and being promoted but the universe had other plans I guess. Not that its in any way their fault, they handled their business. I dont even know if they wanted the promotion as much as I did but I digress

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

My pride is hurt. Here I thought Trae and John would be the ones breaking out and being promoted but the universe had other plans I guess. Not that its in any way their fault, they handled their business. I dont even know if they wanted the promotion as much as I did but I digress

Woulda been nice to see some Hawkies in the spotlight in front of the world 🌎 but in many ways in might be a blessing in disguise for their careers and the overall team success for our Hawks. 

4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae played great and was on path to making the team before the injury. 

John defense got him and he is simply not as good as Bagley. No shame in that. I had Bagley at #1 last year for a reason. There is a clear gap. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Trae played great and was on path to making the team before the injury. 

John defense got him and he is simply not as good as Bagley. No shame in that. I had Bagley at #1 last year for a reason. There is a clear gap. 

I don’t think there is that big of a gap between Bagley but I do think John is definitely better than Kuzma. Like, he just is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2019/8/8/20791587/john-collins-kyle-kuzma-atlanta-hawks-team-usa-basketball-investigation

9 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t think there is that big of a gap between Bagley but I do think John is definitely better than Kuzma. Like, he just is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2019/8/8/20791587/john-collins-kyle-kuzma-atlanta-hawks-team-usa-basketball-investigation

There is a major talent gap between Bagley and Collins in a large number of areas. 

Bagley to me is a mix of Chris Bosh/Amare/with uber versatile athleticism. 

John is just a modern Karl Malone. Karl was an iron man. While John seemed like he had the potential of that as a rookie but last year had injuries.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Karl Malone >>> Chris Bosh & Amare

I’d stick to more directly comparing and contrasting Bagley and Collins.  This is just confusing your narrative.

I've said it a thousand times. I wasn't that big of a Malone fan. Two prong just like Collins. When Collins gets more polished on defense. Him and Malone will do what they do. Score in transition, offensively aggressive movement players who rebound exceptionally well on the offensive glass.

Bosh was an all around big. Amare was an offensive juggernaut. Bagley has the potential to be the greatest PF of all time behind the GOAT PF, Tim Duncan who was more of a center anyway. 

Collins isn't that good to me. Trae is a lot more important to me. That said, I love Collins but Jabari will make him not as critical as he was for us last year where we had no backups at PF worth a damn.

PGs like Stockton and Young made Collins and Malone

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've said it a thousand times. I wasn't that big of a Malone fan. Two prong just like Collins. When Collins gets more polished on defense. Him and Malone will do what they do. Score in transition, offensively aggressive movement players who rebound exceptionally well on the offensive glass.

Bosh was an all around big. Amare was an offensive juggernaut. Bagley has the potential to be the greatest PF of all time behind the GOAT PF, Tim Duncan who was more of a center anyway. 

Collins isn't that good to me. Trae is a lot more important to me. That said, I love Collins but Jabari will make him not as critical as he was for us last year where we had no backups at PF worth a damn.

Hang on a minute.. Just hang on a friggin minute here. Did you really just state that you were never a huge Malone fan? Dude this makes zero sense in any way. You stated on this board, for a very long time I may add, that your bestest most favorite player ever was a Karl Malone clone!( You were very damn wrong I will add as well ). 

I mean so which is it cause you are contradicting the hell out of yourself right now. Clear this up once and for all so this makes just a little damned sense.

As far as Bagley being better the Collins? What am I missing here? Are we notching John down because of his defensive play or are we gonna act like John is not athletic as hell himself? Bagley is an athletic freak but so was Josh Smith and I will take Collins over Smith at this point. I will reserve judgement on Bagley cause frankly I have not seen enough of the guy but give me John over Bagley right now.

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Oh my damn Lord.. Someone just f***ing shoot me please

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Hang on a minute.. Just hang on a friggin minute here. Did you really just state that you were never a huge Malone fan? Dude this makes zero sense in any way. You stated on this board, for a very long time I may add, that your bestest most favorite player ever was a Karl Malone clone!( You were very damn wrong I will add as well ). 

I mean so which is it cause you are contradicting the hell out of yourself right now. Clear this up once and for all so this makes just a little damned sense.

As far as Bagley being better the Collins? What am I missing here? Are we notching John down because of his defensive play or are we gonna act like John is not athletic as hell himself? Bagley is an athletic freak but so was Josh Smith and I will take Collins over Smith at this point. I will reserve judgement on Bagley cause frankly I have not seen enough of the guy but give me John over Bagley right now.

I've said otherwise, I said Al was better and Al was on his path early on. I don't believe in Malone. I always believed in Stockton. 

Bagley is a much better talent. At this point, it's impossible to say he is better. Collins outperformed him badly but his role and situation wasn't favorable in year 1 in SAC. That happens with their coach. It happened to Fox year 1 as well. 

But next year, I have no doubt Bagley will be a top tier PF and teams will see SAC the way they see any elite up and coming young squad. No doubt about it. I am big on SAC.

I been saying for years that Al was better. Definitely not his clone.

Al is an once in a generational big man. He don't need no help. He makes everyone around him better. He just ain't an #1 option but he lead Boston to two ECF and one with us. Last year was just a bad energy year for Boston. Just didn't have it. Even Al wasn't what he usually is at times.

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've said otherwise, I said Al was better and Al was on his path early on. I don't believe in Malone. I always believed in Stockton. 

Bagley is a much better talent. At this point, it's impossible to say he is better. Collins outperformed him badly but his role and situation wasn't favorable in year 1 in SAC. That happens with their coach. It happened to Fox year 1 as well. 

But next year, I have no doubt Bagley will be a top tier PF and teams will see SAC the way they see any elite up and coming young squad. No doubt about it. I am big on SAC.

I been saying for years that Al was better. Definitely not his clone.

Al is an once in a generational big man. He don't need no help. He makes everyone around him better. He just ain't an #1 option but he lead Boston to two ECF and one with us. Last year was just a bad energy year for Boston. Just didn't have it. Even Al wasn't what he usually is at times.

This is you Supes.. You put in massive work going thru numbers and understanding nimbers, then you just shoot an idea or opinion that makes very good sense right in the ass with complete fiction and fantasy. I respect you but you are just way too much at times. 

God bless ya bro

I like winners. Impact players. Players who make everyone job easier and they are great teammates.

I love John. Heck, I liked Karl but those guys are stat  based players. They need someone like a Trae Young, John Stockton, etc to win games. Nothing is wrong with that. Both John and Karl have great feel for the game and you can't be bad if you are that good at movement but those guys aren't impact players. For me, I'll take Stockton and Young 10 out of 10 times. 

For me

10 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

This is you Supes.. You put in massive work going thru numbers and understanding nimbers, then you just shoot an idea or opinion that makes very good sense right in the ass with complete fiction and fantasy. I respect you but you are just way too much at times. 

God bless ya bro

You don't have to agree. I've always had strong options based on a lot of film study and tape study. It's not like I think Malone is a scrub. I think he is one of the greats. I just don't see him in the same regard for me as Horford, AD, Barkley, Garrett, and Dirk. I see Duncan as a tier higher than all PFs. 

I see him in the same tier as Webber, Bosh, Amare, and Sheed. In a great situation, he can do work but none make nothing into something like Duncan, Horford, KG, AD, Dirk and Barkley. For me, that's the all timers for me. You can argue with me all day like others if you feel Horford doesn't belong there but I watched as much tape as anyone and I've never seen someone turn shit into to gold like Horford has over the course of his career. 

To me, being a #1 or #2 scoring option just isn't that important as a PF or C. If it's important and critical to you, you will never be on the same page with me when it comes to Horford. 

I do feel both John and Marvin can be all time greats at PF. But Marvin can be in the tier with KG and maybe challenge Duncan. I see John topping off in Malone and Webber range.

Edited by NBASupes