marco102

1st Preseason Game Vs New Orleans

19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not so sure this is in Atlanta, but Tickets are on sale.  Would love to see our young core outshoot and out hustle New Orleans.

It's in New Orleans. Oooops....it's at StateFarm :laugh1:

• Haha 3

Zion v. Collins

Trae v. Zo

Kev v. Jrue

Len v. Favors

Litty McBitty

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 2:02 PM, NBASupes said:

Zion v. Collins

Trae v. Zo

Can’t wait 😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 more Days!!

Before the games start....

Hawks doing good in the neighborhood! The Family and I participated in this Volunteer effort this morning at State Farm!

I'm somewhere in there...

Bob Rathbun was on the official announcer cheering us on!  

Owners, coaches, players in attendance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not likely, but I would really like to see Luka VS Bruno.

:clapping:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Not likely, but I would really like to see Luka VS Bruno.

:clapping:

Ur gonna see an even better show Gramps when we match up with the Mavs. You will see Cam (the throw in 😏 in the Trae/Luka trade) match up with the golden boy himself.

Now that might be worth the price of admission!  

In case he does drive by Cam, then a Luka/Bruno battle would be fun.

We are building walls of D.  🚧🚧

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 4

10,000 people came out for the Pelicans scrimmage. Rookie Zion hype in an order of magnitude greater than rookie Luka hype.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

10,000 people came out for the Pelicans scrimmage. Rookie Zion hype in an order of magnitude greater than rookie Luka hype.

Why didn’t we do a scrimmage this year? Maybe the open practice is going to take its place but usually we have a scrimmage before the preseason 

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Why didn’t we do a scrimmage this year? Maybe the open practice is going to take its place but usually we have a scrimmage before the preseason 

The Hawks' open practice is October 8th at 6 pm at State Farm.  It's free to go to. 

https://www.statefarmarena.com/events/detail/atlanta-hawks-open-practice

12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If he were a Hawk, 10,000 definitely would've shown up.  We'll see how many in the A show up tomorrow night when he comes to town.

With other stars being hurt or aging, I bet NBA owners across the league are rooting HARD for Zion to be Box Office right from Opening Night.

• Like 1

JC vs Zion will entertain absolutely no doubt. Been waiting forever for this game it seems like.

With injuries to Turner and Goodwin, Cam Reddish should get a lot of run at the backup PG position 

• Like 3

Hope for the best tonight.  Prepare for the worst.

So many youth.  So many new players.  Facing another young team with many new members.  They have #1 pick. 

Hawks say they had a turnover fest in a recent practice.  We expect this to continue.  Are we expecting too much from our Hawks this early?  Probably.  We can't let the outcome of this first pre season game to influence us too much, win or lose.  Hawks are home, hoping to influence their fans.  Their opponent, with their great draft picks, want to prove to themselves and their fans and the national audience, just how great that they are.

We've been waiting for a long time for tonight !!

:smug:

• Like 1

I want to see a lot from the rookies and our stars, especially Trae 

• Like 3

Who exactly is Cam Reddish? Is he the aggressive bucket-getter who could shoot from anywhere and who averaged 28 points per game on 51 percent shooting during his senior year of high school? Is he the guy who terrorized Philadelphia’s high school hoops scene and dominated AAU/EYBL games effortlessly? Or is he the passive, non-assertive, sometimes low-motor guy that failed to live up to lofty expectations at Duke? At least to Reddish, he couldn’t care less about those people and their thoughts.

”It’s in the past, I have nothing to say to those people,” Reddish said at the Atlanta Hawks’ Media Day on Sept. 30. “I’m moving forward.” Reddish is moving on from a Duke chapter that wasn’t as successful as his fellow Duke draftees or as he hoped, but he did provide some insight on why. Injuries played their role. ”Injuries will limit you. That’s why they’re injuries,” Reddish admitted. “But that’s not an excuse. I was playing through it, and I was going to play regardless. I was banged up a little bit, but it never crossed my mind to sit out.”

• Thanks 1