• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

1st Preseason Game Vs New Orleans

marco102

• Admin
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dedmon on offense won't be missed but he will be on defense

Cam got mad potential on defense but his strength has to improve. I seen BI bully him some

Cam and Hunter are solid but will not always be on court together ... other then Bembry the rest of the team is very bad on d ... I like your mention of Adams earlier ... he is the toughest dude in the league ... excellent rebounder (he lost about 5 boards a game to Russ silly stat hunts) and he is an excellent defender and only 26  ... Len / Crabbe (expirings) as well as pelicans first and Cavs or Brooklyn’s first would get it done.  They get rid of contracts and get two firsts back as well.  They are trying to lower their salary cap.  They can stretch Crabbe and keep Len  but the firsts and out of Steve’s contract would be the appealing part.

• Premium Member

Based on tonite we gotta get Coach to teach some defense.  Isn't he supposed to be a defensive minded coach?  We can score with anybody but we cant stop anybody.  Reminds me of the old Denver Nuggets.  

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I know its only preseason but this is a bad look.  Zero defense, New Orleans went to the basket at will.  

This team will be bad defensively and won't rebound well because of our terrible front court

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Young with 8 turnovers? WTF?

Yeah, it was a bit much, but you could tell he wasn't taking this too seriously.  He was out there trying to entertain people with highlight passes.    After last season, I think I've personally learned not to over react to summer league, preseason, and the start of the season.  Especially with a young team. We have to be patient.  

• Like 4

I don’t know if we should say “it’s just preseason “ ....us falcon fans did that watching the offensive line struggle to keep Matty ice up right and when the season kicked in “it’s just preseason” became our reality.

thats not to say the hawks won’t get better because they will but the defense, the turnovers, AND the physicality as a team just isn’t there.

personally I’m already done experimenting with Collins at the 5 for any real significant minutes. I said it before and I will say it again Collins isn’t even considered small in terms of weight and frame he’s just not freakishly long but a good size to play power forward. collins need a legit good defensive center next to him. (Adams would be perfect!...He finishes around the goal and trae can get him involved easily)

love what I saw from hunter and reddish...not just their offensive game but they showcased the problem they can be in the future defensively for opponents . I really believe it’s going to be a starting lineup of Trae at PG, Cam at SG, Hunter at SF, Collins at PF, C ????  after all star break when these guys get a good amount of games played.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, it was a bit much, but you could tell he wasn't taking this too seriously.  He was out there trying to entertain people with highlight passes.    After last season, I think I've personally learned not to over react to summer league, preseason, and the start of the season.  Especially with a young team. We have to be patient.  

Spare us the preseason doesn't matter post...They tried that on the Falcons board too. The team is what it is...Turn over prone, no defense with poor rebounding...

• Like 3