• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Projecting Trae's Production in Year 2....

REHawksFan

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae gonna shock the NBA world next year.

I really hope he does. I don't see a reason he won't, unless the Hawks simply don't convert their opportunities or he has a perpetual November experience from 3 (highly unlikely on both ends). Having posted a 40+Asst% as a 20-year old starter made him the youngest player in NBA history to accomplish that feat. If our boys can hit from range and JC continues to be a machine, his AST numbers will increase and we will get to see him do his trademark hop 10+ times a game

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, enrique said:

I really hope he does. I don't see a reason he won't, unless the Hawks simply don't convert their opportunities or he has a perpetual November experience from 3 (highly unlikely on both ends). Having posted a 40+Asst% as a 20-year old starter made him the youngest player in NBA history to accomplish that feat. If our boys can hit from range and JC continues to be a machine, his AST numbers will increase and we will get to see him do his trademark hop 10+ times a game

The only thing that will hold Trae back is us blowing teams out which could happen depending on Cam Reddish more than any other player.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

Don't get me started, unless you really wanna to get me started. 😉

I'll say this much for now and leave it alone.... anyone wanna devise a better objective/quantitative standard for defining what Schlenk meant when he said you need an elite cornerstone player--i.e., one that doesn't just narrow the pool of players down to the 20-ish pool that have finished top 5 in MVP voting a minimum of twice in the last 20 years and also includes within that, a lead dog player from practically every championship team in those 20 years, but gets that 20-ish down to some smaller number--then I'll be more than happy to embrace that someone's standard.

Indeed, have your fun...

sigh.gif

... but It's all we have for now, because I'm the only one who appears to have taken some time to figure some standard out. Otherwise, people would be left to just subjectively throw around the terms "elite" and "cornerstone" to their heart's content as people do, with nothing to delineate a mere all-star from that tier/pool.

High pace games facilitated by the best passing full court passing point guard in today's game. Efficiency might not always look so much better but we are going to win a lot more with Trae running this show. Turnovers are always gonna be higher in the run game even back to Nash's days. Oops, did I draw a crazy comparison there, not really.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

There is no other PG like Trae in this league.

Agree and think the next ten plus years Trae will be the one filling seats in arenas everywhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, High5 said:

I’m pretty high on Trae, but basically all of you have me beat there. I think 22/9 is a good bet and an impressive sophomore season. Maybe 22.5/9.5. And .570-.580 TS%.

Can I get a 23 and 10? Lemme hear 23/10! 😆 

1 hour ago, High5 said:

He'll hit 10+ assists in year 3 or 4, but I don't think he will next season.

If he increases his PT to 35 min a game he could pretty easily hit 10 a game with just a little progression. 

Heck, he could have had 10 last year if some of his teammates helped him out on wide open jumpers. 

Better shooting team. Better Trae. More assists imo.