• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we keeping Allen Crabbe or no?

JTB

When we traded for Crabbe I recall him tweeting or putting something on Instagram about not liking the trade or wanting to be here (something like that).

i can’t find it (perhaps he deleted it)...but I know one thing I’d be shocked if we are keeping him if those things are true! I’m sure schlenk doesn’t want the unnecessary negativity around the locker room.

Also i thought someone mentioned that the hawks were going to buy out his contract.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I don’t think you can sign Carter and keep Crabbe. It just doesn’t make much sense.

Why? Carter no longer plays SG.

He played most of his minutes at PF last season and some SF.

Current Roster:

PG: Trae Young, Evan Turner
SG: Kevin Huerter, Deandre Bembry, Allen Crabbe
SF: Deandre Hunter, Cam Reddish
PF: John Collins, Jabari Parker, Chandler Parsons
C -  Alex Len, Damian Jones, Bruno Fernando

2W - Charlie Brown

If we don't sign another PG, Bembry and Reddish will run some point guard duties.

Carter and Parsons will rotatate SF/PF minutes as needed.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

When we traded for Crabbe I recall him tweeting or putting something on Instagram about not liking the trade or wanting to be here (something like that).

i can’t find it (perhaps he deleted it)...but I know one thing I’d be shocked if we are keeping him if those things are true! I’m sure schlenk doesn’t want the unnecessary negativity around the locker room.

Also i thought someone mentioned that the hawks were going to buy out his contract.

Supes indicated he would request a buyout, but Hawks wanted him to battle for minutes (this was before the Baze and Hill trades though).

Depends on how much he's willing to give back in a buyout if he's still forcing the issue or not. That's unclear.  

I don't remember him doing a 'welcome interview' so we shall see.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why? Carter no longer plays SG.

He played most of his minutes at PF last season and some SF.

Current Roster:

SG: Kevin Huerter, Deandre Bembry, Allen Crabbe
PF: John Collins, Jabari Parker, Chandler Parsons
C -  Alex Len, Damian Jones, Bruno Fernando

2W - Charlie Brown

If we don't sign another PG, Bembry and Reddish will run some point guard duties.

Carter and Parsons will rotatate SF/PF minutes as needed.

Yeah, I guess I don’t have my brain trained that VC counts as a 3/4 as opposed to a 2/3 that he was for the first 18 years.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Not all of us agree that VC doesn't defend SGs anymore.

Just for the record, and seemingly much to the frustration of "someones."

But we agree that Crabbe and VC are not competing for the same floor minutes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not even that set, Peor... key is how many minutes Pierce intends to give Parsons and DHunter at PF, if any. It really could go any way.

And, I wouldn't sleep on a replacement for Jaylen Adams, especially if Livingston is interested in coming here.

Well from the things Schlenk said when the trade announcement was made official he will be a hawk for the foreseeable future.

“Allen is a proven veteran in this league and adds another three-point threat on the wing for us. We’re happy to welcome him to the Hawks,” said Hawks General Manager and Head of Basketball Operations Travis Schlenk.

• Thanks 3

I’ll drop one ☝🏾 more but if info regarding Crabbe, he’s our best three point shooter. Career 39.3% from downtown. That’s better than Parsons, Huerter and Trae (rookies) and Vince as well. 

Squares up perfectly and has a beautiful release. Run him as a starter with Trae imo.

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not even that set, Peor... key is how many minutes Pierce intends to give Parsons and DHunter at PF, if any. It really could go any way.

And, I wouldn't sleep on a replacement for Jaylen Adams, especially if Livingston is interested in coming here.

What minutes would be left if Parker is the back up power forward. And why does Hunter need minutes at power foward anyway?

• Premium Member

Beyond 35 minutes for Trae and JC, and 30 for KHurt, and a general intention to play the rookies quite a bit, we really don't know what to expect with regard to the remaining 140 minutes. We might think we do. But it's not set yet.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Yeah, I guess I don’t have my brain trained that VC counts as a 3/4 as opposed to a 2/3 that he was for the first 18 years.

Yep. Pierce said he didn't want want VC chasing around SGs at his age.  He even said VC was lobbying him to play more SF but PF is the spot he would be more useful - at least last year he was.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I said it before and I’ll keep saying it. Allen Crabbe is a baller that fits our system to a T. Stop trying to buy him out. 

It had nothing to do with how you feel about him, it had to do with how he felt about us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep. Pierce said he didn't want want VC chasing around SGs at his age.  He even said VC was lobbying him to play more SF but PF is the spot he would be more useful - at least last year he was.

Carter doesn’t rebound anywhere well enough to play PF and expect to win.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

What minutes would be left if Parker is the back up power forward. And why does Hunter need minutes at power foward anyway?

The way I see it Crabbe and Parsons will be getting left over minutes. This will be our typical 10 man rotation:

SG: Kevin Huerter, Deandre Bembry
PF: John Collins, Jabari Parker
C -  Alex Len, Damian Jones

Bembry will be the 1st sub off the bench for Huerter so that when Turner subs for Trae, Huerter will be back in to play alongside Turner.  When Bembry sits Crabbe comes in alongside Turner.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

It had nothing to do with how you feel about him, it had to do with how he felt about us. 

🤣 wait, hold the phone. You are telling me that it has nothing to do with how I feel about a player but how the organization feels about him. Then you come and report all this fake stuff, take 50,000 guesses and ☝🏾 hits and you are a source to people like @JayBirdHawk? 😂 

LAUGHABLE! Keep ur fan hat 🧢 on Supes everybody knows you dawg stop frontin.

Whether Crabbe gets release is not  my point here. He’s a baller and fits our system. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The way I see it Crabbe and Parsons will be getting left over minutes. This will be our typical 10 man rotation:

SG: Kevin Huerter, Deandre Bembry
PF: John Collins, Jabari Parker
C -  Alex Len, Damian Jones

Bembry will be the 1st sub off the bench for Huerter so that when Turner subs for Trae, Huerter will be back in to play alongside Turner.  When Bembry sits Crabbe comes in alongside Turner.

Damian Jones is better than Len.