• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we keeping Allen Crabbe or no?

JTB

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Nah it's just outlandish hating that brings us out.  You didn't want Reddish during the draft some of us did.  It'll be in the best interest of the Hawks for Reddish to reach the potential that some of us see than hoping he fails so you can say I told you so. 

Wasn't my 1st choice at 8 but was my 3rd choice behind Hunter and Culver

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Crabbe’s GOT ta be the backup SG, Bembry ‘bout to lose some minutes up in here 😳

3rd string PG, 3rd string SG, and 3rd string SF. Nice Swiss Army knife to have though, probably the most versatile 3rd-stringer in the league. 9MOTY!

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, hazer said:

3rd string PG, 3rd string SG, and 3rd string SF. Nice Swiss Army knife to have though, probably the most versatile 3rd-stringer in the league. 9MOTY!

He may we’ll be 2nd string SG.  I’m going to wait and see on that.

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

He may we’ll be 2nd string SG.  I’m going to wait and see on that.

I really hope not. I like the guy and he’s versatile and all, but gotta have that Crabbe 3pt shooting with the 2nd string. Bembry gives us great depth at the 1, 2, and 3 though.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:26 PM, Spud2nique said:

Oh.... 😐 

I think I misread. Reading is fundamental. My bad. 🤗. My apologies. If you don’t know I’m an emotional guy by now then you don’t know Spud. Proceed. 

As punishment for your insubordinate behavior, the Luka avatar is now permanent.

• Haha 2

If the three pointer is needed when Huerter comes off the court we know it will be Crabbe but if we need to shut someone down from one to three then we all know whose number will be called....Bembry.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I read the original post, that's was pretty f***ed up thing to say bro. Even if you misinterpreted it, you didn't have to say what you originally said. 

He said you report fake stuff and take 50,000 guesses. That's a pretty bold accusation.

• Premium Member

I don't get the consternation.... Baze is gone, and those are the minutes Crabbe should anticipate getting.

Shouldn't affect Bembry.

Besides, you really have to not be paying attention to ignore just how much the head coach loves Bembry.

Maybe if we change head coaches that, then, changes.

And the entire discussion might be moot. Do we even know right now that Crabbe will be ready to start the season?

2019-07-14_2248.png

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

I don't get the consternation.... Baze is gone, and those are the minutes Crabbe should anticipate getting.

Shouldn't affect Bembry.

Besides, you really have to not be paying attention to ignore just how much the head coach loves Bembry.

Maybe if we change head coaches that, then, changes.

And the entire discussion might be moot. Do we even know right now that Crabbe will be ready to start the season?

2019-07-14_2248.png

I watch every minute of every game. El-P loves Bembry’s defense. With the addition of Crabbe, Reddish, and Hunter, Bembry’s minutes will be reduced. Pay attention when it happens, I’ll be sure to point it out 😉

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Reddish and Hunter are poised to get virtually all of the SF minutes, so I'll grant that, to the degree that Baze played SF, yes those are minutes that Crabbe won't get. It's the SG ones that he will... if and when he's healthy.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

So, Allen Crabbe hasn't had an intro presser/meet the local media/local interview or even a Tweet saying he's in the A.

Jabari, Damion, Evan, Parsons all had theirs.

What's up with that? Or did I just miss it?

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So, Allen Crabbe hasn't had an intro presser/meet the local media/local interview or even a Tweet saying he's in the A.

Ya that is weird. I missed it too. Hope he stays on with us I like him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it’s pretty safe to assume that Crabbe doesn’t want to be here.

27 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I think it’s pretty safe to assume that Crabbe doesn’t want to be here.

I don't think he does either, He is about to take a small hit in minutes in a contract year. Barring a injury or us going into a unexpected tank mode, I don't see any way he gets 20 starts like he did last season.

I think we are keeping him as he is a solid shooter to backup Huerter. He is just going to have to suck it up and be mad about the 18.5 million he opted into this season. No one is trading for that contract, unless its another bad deal for bad deal.

• Like 2

Hm. We can speculate but I don't want to just assume that i know what the rotation is gonna be. Part of me wants the rookies to fight for every minute they get on the floor. Not saying place them willingly behind a vet but don't just hand anything to them either. If they aren't earning it then they will learn 

• Like 2