• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we keeping Allen Crabbe or no?

JTB

Maybe Schlenk is finally toughening up on buyouts?  Maybe he has a "give back" number that he has in mind that Parsons said well eff that, I won't find that even in China while Crabbe's agent said "give me a minute" and is still looking?

• Like 2

Crabbe is more liked on here than in real life. Guys like him value is going down throughout the NBA. If you are a shooter and not a defender and aren't an elite movement guy, you are being pushed out of the NBA in favor for 3/D guys.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Maybe Schlenk is finally toughening up on buyouts?  Maybe he has a "give back" number that he has in mind that Parsons said well eff that, I won't find that even in China while Crabbe's agent said "give me a minute" and is still looking?

I think Crabbe has value to our team next year with the deficit of proven shooting on our second team.  So if I'm Schlenk, he really have to give back before I'd consider cutting.

Both Crabbe and Parsons represent key pieces in hypothetical trades for stars as well so you don't let them walk for $1M in savings or something.  Unlike when we let Crawford go, we are actually closing in on and perhaps stepping into the competitive phase of Schlenk's build.  We've got the picks to do a big trade if we want.  You need to have salary to go with it.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Crabbe has value to our team next year with the deficit of proven shooting on our second team.  So if I'm Schlenk, he really have to give back before I'd consider cutting.

Both Crabbe and Parsons represent key pieces in hypothetical trades for stars as well so you don't let them walk for $1M in savings or something.  Unlike when we let Crawford go, we are actually closing in on and perhaps stepping into the competitive phase of Schlenk's build.  We've got the picks to do a big trade if we want.  You need to have salary to go with it.

We were 16th in 3PT% and 3rd in 3PT attempts. This is a weakness that needs addressing. Bazemore was 4th on our team in attempts. I am hoping Trae improves and vets like Crabbe and Parsons can improve upon Bazemores .320 from three last season. I don't think it is a coincidence that we gave up so much to grab Hunter's 2018/19 .438 3PT% either.

If we are going to continue to shoot threes at such a high volume, getting at least into the top 10 in % seems like a obvious need to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yea, I believe Schlenk is actually selling if not believing himself that they could have key roles on the team with the addition of also being useful salary filler down the line. 

It's those combination of reasons that are making me ponder that perhaps Schlenk is finally motivated and thus placed a much higher give-back number, say something around the amount of the full MLE. 

His message to them and their reps could be "that deals are out there...if you can find it but either way, to get out that's the price.... we really do value your talents though....but also, don't sign any leases through the end of the year or into next.  Consider monthly instead... you know what, I got a couple guest rooms you can use."

14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We were 16th in 3PT% and 3rd in 3PT attempts. This is a weakness that needs addressing. Bazemore was 4th on our team in attempts. I am hoping Trae improves and vets like Crabbe and Parsons can improve upon Bazemores .320 from three last season. I don't think it is a coincidence that we gave up so much to grab Hunter's 2018/19 .438 3PT% either.

If we are going to continue to shoot threes at such a high volume, getting at least into the top 10 in % seems like a obvious need to me.

I am not expecting much from Hunter. A lot of his 3s came from the 4 position and lacked variance. I would expect 3/3.5 3s a game at 34-35% just based on catch and shoot corner 3s from Trae. Not many expecting spot ups. Not expecting much variance.

I am expecting a uptick from Jabari Parker of all players as well as Collins. Len as well

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

Yea, I believe Schlenk is actually selling if not believing himself that they could have key roles on the team with the addition of also being useful salary filler down the line. 

It's those combination of reasons that are making me ponder that perhaps Schlenk is finally motivated and thus placed a much higher give-back number, say something around the amount of the full MLE. 

His message to them and their reps could be "that deals are out there...if you can find it but either way, to get out that's the price.... we really do value your talents though....but also, don't sign any leases through the end of the year or into next.  Consider monthly instead... you know what, I got a couple guest rooms you can use."

I don't see Crabbe taking a big hit. He has only had one big contract and his next may only get him at most about 18 million over three years. Parsons on the other hand is a very rich man. If he wants to move on because he wants to, he can certainly afford to. He may like the idea of shooting threes with this young team though.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not expecting much from Hunter. A lot of his 3s came from the 4 position and lacked variance. I would expect 3/3.5 3s a game at 34-35% just based on catch and shoot corner 3s from Trae. Not many expecting spot ups. Not expecting much variance.

I am expecting a uptick from Jabari Parker of all players as well as Collins. Len as well

34-35% for a rookie beats the hell out of 7 year veteran Bazemore last season. If we get that from Hunter and Reddish, on say 3 - 5 attempts a game, in their rookie seasons, I won't be complaining.

Just now, Buzzard said:

34-35% for a rookie beats the hell out of 7 year veteran Bazemore last season. If we get that from Hunter and Reddish, on say 3 - 5 attempts a game, in their rookie seasons, I won't be complaining.

We should get a lot more than 5 attempts a game from Cam. I am expecting 8 to 10 even at 27 mins. Cam is a volume three shooter with with size and movement. He should get a lot of 3pt attempts up. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't see Crabbe taking a big hit. He has only had one big contract and his next may only get him at most about 18 million over three years. Parsons on the other hand is a very rich man. If he wants to move on because he wants to, he can certainly afford to. He may like the idea of shooting threes with this young team though.

Schlank has built quite the bench in Turner, Crabbe, Parker, Parsons, Jones, + Bembry. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hazer said:

Schlank has built quite the bench in Turner, Crabbe, Parker, Parsons, Jones, + Bembry. 

I like the talent a lot more than last year. It seemed after Bembry/Baze/VC and Len. It got really weak. Poythress, Adams, Dorsey, Hamilton, 2nd half Spellman, Plumlee reliability and the other g leaguers. We were a 9 deep team and with the injury issues, usually 6 deep by game day.

We got talent now. Everyone is at least NBA level at a 6.5 outside of Bruno.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I like the talent a lot more than last year. It seemed after Bembry/Baze/VC and Len. It got really weak. Poythress, Adams, Dorsey, Hamilton, 2nd half Spellman, Plumlee reliability and the other g leaguers. We were a 9 deep team and with the injury issues, usually 6 deep by game day.

We got talent now. Everyone is at least NBA level at a 6.5 outside of Bruno.

Travis finally has his thumbprint on this entire roster and I like it. Parker in particular, super sub. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We should get a lot more than 5 attempts a game from Cam. I am expecting 8 to 10 even at 27 mins. Cam is a volume three shooter with with size and movement. He should get a lot of 3pt attempts up. 

Cam isn't going to play enough to come anywhere near that.  He is a project with upside.  He's not ready, yet, to do the types of things you are putting on him.  

7 minutes ago, txsting said:

Cam isn't going to play enough to come anywhere near that.  He is a project with upside.  He's not ready, yet, to do the types of things you are putting on him.  

Yes he is ready. 100% ready

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

I hope that you are correct.  Looking for the season to start already!

:wild:

I know right. We still have a little over 6 million in cap and the preseason does not start until October! Dang, that is three months and some change away.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, txsting said:

You know, I can't figure out if you're doing a bit or not.  🙂

When Supes is high on someone, he is unreservedly, fully on board with them.  Assume he is being totally genuine and thinks Cam will be a star.

• Like 1