• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Are you KIDDing me?

Nope.  My choice depends on the answer to that question.

Coach Bud, Pierce, and Woody were assistants when the Hawks hired them..

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Writeup to come later but we’ll take a coach who always seems to get buy in and maximum effort, has managed egos successfully and has two rings to prove it:

Erik Spoelstra

@pimp is up and can choose an assistant to be his head coach if he wants

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Curry/Paul/Dragic

Mitchell/Harris/Reddick

Tobias/Ingles/Bridges

Collins/Favors/Mirotic

LA/Nurkic/Len

Coach Bud

With our last pick The Flaming Flamingo's choose a PG to round things out..

GORAN DRAGIC

Miami Heat
  • HT/WT
    6' 3", 190 lbs
  • DOB
    5/6/1986 (33)
  • DRAFT INFO
    2008: Rd 2, Pk 45 (SA)
2018-19 SEASON STATS
  • PTS
  • REB
  • AST
  • PER

@lethalweapon3 is now on the clock!!

Woj 💣 : The following conversation was recorded and from what we 👂🏽, Luka is upset but understands the situation at the same time.

2 days ago...

{ring ring}

Spud: Talk to me.

Dragic: Have you made ur last pick yet?

Spud: Who is this I don’t have caller id and you called me on my landline 📞? ☎️ 

Dragic: It’s me, Goran. I’d like you to use the 151st pick on me and let me team up with Luka. It makes sense, we play for 🇸🇮 together and have great chemistry 🧪 and I could mentor Ja and Huerter and teach them everything Nash taught me and pass on his little tricks to your young pg’s at the same time. 

Spud: Look Goran, I love what you bring to the table and have always been a fan of your aggressive but calculated style you bring to the court. In any other situation I’d take you in a heartbeat but Capela and Smart at 25. As great as you have been in your career, and you’ve been great, you are still seeking that ring. I think you have a few good years left and I want you to be picked up by a more ready to win vet team that could possibly get you that ring in 2019-20. I know there are only a few picks left in the draft. I’m confident and have a feeling you might get that chance and be picked up by a vet team . (See @IheartVolt)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 8/2/2019 at 12:24 AM, bleachkit said:

I wanted Snyder actually, but when you picked him Kerr was the obvious choice. Sure beats taking Jim Boylen or James Borrego at the end of the draft.

I didn't even bother to REDACT these! lol

~lw3

• Haha 2

• Moderators

As long as @Buzzard doesn't pull a @Chinky_eyed_hawk on us, we're all good. No rush at all!

My guy Mark Porcaro seemed to have stopped doing the Player Database I was leaning on recent years, so it'll take a little while to do the Height/Weight/Age/Schools analysis. But SUM-MELO won't take too long to produce. And I'm on the hunt for a certain 80s music-show video on YouTube.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

There is one player that I am absolutely shocked was not picked. I realized it late in the draft but I was already full at his position.

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Who? Give his initials.

J.H.?