• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

J.W.

That was what I figured.  A lot of unknowns there.  I was happier with all 3 PGs I drafted and wouldn't want to bring him in as a 4th string guy given his expectations, age and uncertainty.

Woj 💣:

GM Buzzard was seen sippin on yak at the gentleman’s club while debating 27 guys for Mr. Irrelevant.

(he’s currently having them hula hoop..he says it’s “the new thing” to move laterally flawlessly..in thongs). 😐 

• Haha 1

With the final pick in the 2019 NBA Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Grant Williams. Grant is a undersized Power Forward who played three very productive seasons at Tennessee; his last leading the conference in scoring. His accolades include Consensus 2018/19 1st Team All-America, All SEC 1st team in 2017/18 and 2018/19. Grant was also the AP SEC Player of the year in 2018 and 2019. So now we have both the Coaches and AP 2018/19 SEC Player of the Year.

Williams is no wall flower and he played big in the SEC Tourney, making the 2019 All Tournament 1st team. Please welcome to the Flock, the guy Danny Ainge is hoping can resurrect his drafting slump, Mr. Grant Williams!

usa_today_12024696.0.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With the final pick in the 2019 NBA Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Grant Williams. Grant is a undersized Power Forward who played three very productive seasons at Tennessee; his last leading the conference in scoring. His accolades include Consensus 2018/19 1st Team All-America, All SEC 1st team in 2017/18 and 2018/19. Grant was also the AP SEC Player of the year in 2018 and 2019. So now we have both the Coaches and AP 2018/19 SEC Player of the Year.

Williams is no wall flower and he played big in the SEC Tourney, making the 2019 All Tournament 1st team. Please welcome to the Flock, the guy Danny Ainge is hoping can resurrect his drafting slump, Mr. Grant Williams!

usa_today_12024696.0.jpg

I bet @AHF and Kentucky are glad Grant is finally moving on as well 😀

Career averages against the Cats:

15.5 and 6.3 on .537/.780 and a stupid 3PT% of .600 ( 6 of 10 ).

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I bet @AHF and Kentucky are glad Grant is finally moving on as well 😀

Career averages against the Cats:

15.5 and 6.3 on .537/.780 and a stupid 3PT% of .600 ( 6 of 10 ).

Won't miss seeing him.  He definitely stepped up against Kentucky.

And speaking of UK, Mr. Wall can't lay a claim to even Mr. Irrelevant as discussed above.  (All unhidden).

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/08/04/john-wall-questioned-himself-on-worst-contract-in-nba-history-then-determined-i-did-earn-this/

• Like 1

• Moderators

2996.gif

It was a strong race that lasted for a while, up until the Western Conference pulled away in the final two rounds.

Pelicans and Spurs helped the Southwest Division carry the day in the NBA West.

The final pick in the Draft helped the Atlantic Division escape with a photo finish in the NBA East, fending off a late charge of selections from the Southeast Division.

WESTERN CONFERENCE: 79 players (28 Southwest, 27 Pacific, 24 Northwest), 5 coaches

EASTERN CONFERENCE: 70 players (24 Atlantic, 23 Central, 23 Southeast), 5 coaches

usa_today_12703368.0.jpg

9 Players: PELICANS

8 Players & 1 Coach: HAWKS, CLIPPERS

7 Players & 2 Coaches: SPURS

7 Players: NETS, NUGGETS

6 Players & 1 Coach: CELTICS

6 Players: BULLS, PACERS, KINGS

5 Players & 1 Coach: heat, JAZZ

5 Players: MAGIC, 76ERS, LAKERS, GRIZZLIES

ST_20181211_SPRTLOW_4474206.jpg

(REIGNING CONFERENCE FINALISTS)

4 Players & 1 Coach: WARRIORS

4 Players: TRAIL BLAZERS

3 Players & 1 Coach: BUCKS, RAPTORS

2-terry-rozier-and-8-others-follow-miles

3 Players: KNICKS, WIZARDS, ROCKETS

2 Players: HORNETS

1 Player: FC BARCELONA

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

This draft was a pretty compelling argument in support of those "best young core" articles that ranked the Pelicans at or near the top.  Don't think Atlanta fans have any extra love for a New Orleans team so picks are driven by the potential there.

• Like 2

Grant Williams was one of my finals 5 or 6 guys left on the queue.

This thick no neck kid is a young Sap delight. I’m worried that the Celts may have unknowingly had a great draft in Romeo and this kid. Dang it. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Grant Williams was one of my finals 5 or 6 guys left on the queue.

This thick no neck kid is a young Sap delight. I’m worried that the Celts may have unknowingly had a great draft in Romeo and this kid. Dang it. 🤦‍♀️ 

If he can translate his excellent FT% to the three point line, he will be one of the steals of the draft.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If he can translate his excellent FT% to the three point line, he will be one of the steals of the draft.

Ya... 😞 I wanted us to try and maybe swing at him with our early second before all the trades but he went at 22 to the Celts so if we wanted him initially before the Bets trade it would have been at 17 or trade into (18-21). He’s gonna be good. 

Not super upset though because we trade up and got two top 10 picks and walked away without Cam and the man who won it all DeAndre.

Grant is a 17/8 type guy tho in a couple years I’m not surprised at all.

• Like 1