• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

Just now, Spud2nique said:

😝 ur sick 🤒...I like it. 😆 

I agree Trae is better. But having the 1st pick be Trae and Luka at 10, I wouldn’t say I did horribly value wise. (Again I hate defending him 😂 u bastards).

LMAO, at least you got a hot Granny out of the deal!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh my wooord....I'm clutching ma pearls!!

Omg 😮...u set me up. You took KAT knowing I’d take Luka huh? You are sick 🤒 Bird 🦅...SICK CRUEL JOKE ON SPUD. Was the cagey one in on it? Did you guys plan this on realgm? Was Mace in on it? Mac’d? You guys got me.

😞 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I considered KAT but thought that we are really in an era where swingmen are at a premium and then felt like he just isn't there yet as the best player on a championship squad.  If he tops off around where he is now he'll have a career more like Kevin Love than T-Wolves fans would want to admit.  He is young enough to take things to another level but I haven't seen enough (particularly a commitment to become a defensive powerhouse that his frame and athleticism suggest he could be) to give me enough confidence that he will get there, or at least not enough to justify having anyone other than Kawhi and Harden in my queue when pimp was on the board.  I was taking whichever of those two guys was left and would have done a deeper dive on both if they had both somehow made it to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I considered KAT but thought that we are really in an era where swingmen are at a premium and then felt like he just isn't there yet as the best player on a championship squad.  If he tops off around where he is now he'll have a career more like Kevin Love than T-Wolves fans would want to admit.  He is young enough to take things to another level but I haven't seen enough (particularly a commitment to become a defensive powerhouse that his frame and athleticism suggest he could be) to give me enough confidence that he will get there, or at least not enough to justify having anyone other than Kawhi and Harden in my queue when pimp was on the board.  I was taking whichever of those two guys was left and would have done a deeper dive on both if they had both somehow made it to me.

I think KAT is a offensive center piece who will not cheat you out of rebounds. I figured if I took him there were plenty of 1st, 2nd, 3rd all defensive team type players left to put around him. I thought the same thing last season though and did not put together a solid team.

I think he is highly underrated due to where he plays. Send him to Boston and Ainge would break his neck building a championship team around him.

Edited by Buzzard

22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Send him to Boston and Ainge would break his neck building a championship team around him.

Bite your tongue 😛 Celts had Garnett, I hope 🤞🏽 they never get their hands on KAT. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I hate my team already 😂 

Last season I got bit bad being at the end of the 2nd and again at the end of the fourth. I hope it does not happen once more; but that is really where our teams are built. Barring a major injury, everyone gets a solid 1st round pick with so few drafting.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, pimp said:

Question.
Does Nicholasp27  ( last seen on July 12)  - still get 8 hours on his next pick, even though he still hasn't shown up yet ,or is it 1 hour?

Expect Jay to make the pick if she is around and Nicholas isn’t.

@JayBirdHawk (if you have time to pm me....)

We still have to have @Diesel make 2 picks (11 &12)..then I’m up at 13, then it’s Bird for Nick. Just not sure when Diesel’s clock ends today. He probably got a 4 hour window yesterday and a 4 hour window today would roughly make it around 9 or 10 am pacific standard time. 

Aka 10am.... 🎅’s coming!

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We still have to have @Diesel make 2 picks (11 &12)..then I’m up at 13, then it’s Bird for Nick. Just not sure when Diesel’s clock ends today. He probably got a 4 hour window yesterday and a 4 hour window today would roughly make it around 9 or 10 am pacific standard time. 

Aka 10am.... 🎅’s coming!

"If I'm doing my finger-math right, then Diesel's nine-hour draft window would close at 9:01 AM Eastern (6:01 AM Pacific) tomorrow morning, if he doesn't return for his picks by tonight. Let Spud get some ZZZs after that Tour de Baze bike ride, though!"

~lw3

•  
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pimp said:

"If I'm doing my finger-math right, then Diesel's nine-hour draft window would close at 9:01 AM Eastern (6:01 AM Pacific) tomorrow morning, if he doesn't return for his picks by tonight. Let Spud get some ZZZs after that Tour de Baze bike ride, though!"

~lw3

•  

Oh? Is that an 8 hour period for both of @Diesel‘s picks? If somebody can confirm, I will get ready to choose. Thanks.

• Moderators

Let’s pause for a moment and talk about what we want to do.  We have two teams with absent owners.  We can punish them and throw off the draft by letting them get bypassed; we can give extra time and wait; or we can make the picks for them.  A fourth option which I’m thinking might be best is to eliminate one team and make the second pick for the team with KAT.  Then we continue with a ten man draft and let whoever shows up first make the picks.  If they miss round 3, we either get a new owner or just let the picks go (ie, don’t continue to cover for absence forever).  

My overarching goal is have a draft with everyone engaged and having fun.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh? Is that an 8 hour period for both of @Diesel‘s picks? If somebody can confirm, I will get ready to choose. Thanks.

You're on the clock as of about a few minutes ago! (No rush, we know it's super-early!)

~lw3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Let’s pause for a moment and talk about what we want to do.  We have two teams with absent owners.  We can punish them and throw off the draft by letting them get bypassed; we can give extra time and wait; or we can make the picks for them.  A fourth option which I’m thinking might be best is to eliminate one team and make the second pick for the team with KAT.  Then we continue with a ten man draft and let whoever shows up first make the picks.  If they miss round 3, we either get a new owner or just let the picks go (ie, don’t continue to cover for absence forever).  

My overarching goal is have a draft with everyone engaged and having fun.

Thoughts?

I personally don’t want to have any picks skipped. Im down with waiting a while or having someone make a selection on their behalf.