• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is fixed now.  I post it in both table and text formats so it is visible on mobile but apparently it recognized both versions as tables before.  Try again and let me know if you see it now.

It's cool now.. seems clearing cache caused all kinds of weird shit to happen 😂

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, IheartVolt said:

It's cool now.. seems clearing cache caused all kinds of weird shit to happen 😂

No - I checked and it didn't show up on my phone.  I changed it to plain text and worked for me.  Glad it is working for you too!

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Yes I definitely do not see a spreadsheet. Maybe it's because I only have a mobile device to view

I dunno how to delete cache on phones, but maybe try logging out and logging back in. I had edited my original reply with the text-version of that invisible table but I assume even that's not showing up right now.

First ten picks: Buzzard-Trae Young; bleachkit-Giannis Antetokounmpo; capstone21-Anthony Davis; lw3-Joel Embiid; IhearVolt-STEPHEN Curry; pimp-Kawhi Leonard; AHF-James Harden; LucastheThird-Nikola Jokic; "Nicholasp27"-Karl-Anthony Towns; Spud2Nique-Luka Doncic

EDIT: whoops, nvm, I see you've got it!

~lw3

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

No - I checked and it didn't show up on my phone.  I changed it to plain text and worked for me.  Glad it is working for you too!

Well alright then.. so much for my victory dance then 😂

We still have to make a decision on Diesel's spot. It is either Spud's pick and we skip Diesel or it is Spud's pick and we remove Diesel's team. To me the 2nd option is the best, less waiting around and taking up other members time making picks for them. Whoever shows up 1st can then take the Kat team; if they show up.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

With 4 votes in favor of contracting at this point, we are going to eliminate one roster.  Spud gets to make his pick and then if Jay or Nich/D haven't shown up, I'll take the next player from this fantasy list and we'll keep rolling.  (This list was updated last week which seems to be as recent a list as a quick google search locates.)

https://www.fantraxhq.com/2019-fantasy-basketball-rankings/

First one of Nich or D to show up gets to run with that 10th team.

@Spud2nique is on the clock

(And no, Spud, Luka's Euro league teammates are only eligible to be picked if they were actually NBA draft eligible.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

And no, Spud, Luka's Euro league teammates are only eligible to be picked if they were actually NBA draft eligible.)

Oh no 🙈 u did ent. 😔 

Gentleman..and lady..(confused on if Bird is still in it..I digress...)...

LETTTTTSSSSS GET READDDDYYYYYYY TOOOOO RUMMMMBBBLLLEEE!

@pimp after I make the selection could you let me know if that’s who you were  taking for @Diesel?

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh no 🙈 u did ent. 😔 

Gentleman..and lady..(confused on if Bird is still in it..I digress...)...

LETTTTTSSSSS GET READDDDYYYYYYY TOOOOO RUMMMMBBBLLLEEE!

@pimp after I make the selection could you let me know if that’s who you were  taking for @Diesel?

Bird has graciously agreed to help when she is on and around and we have a missing poster.  Haven't seen her around this morning just yet.

Pimp should not share who he was going to take until after that person is picked.  Party foul to discuss unpicked players!

Edit:  @JayBirdHawk has made an appearance via PM so that next pick is lined up.

• Like 2

Just now, AHF said:

Pimp should not share who he was going to take until after that person is picked.  Party foul to discuss unpicked players!

Oh no definitely not...I meant right after I pick my guy. Just to tell me if he was it or not, not to name anyone at any point.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Oh no definitely not...I meant right after I pick my guy. Just to tell me if he was it or not, not to name anyone at any point.

I think AHF is insinuating you are the Squawks Mark Cuban. Anti AAU Baller owner. Kidding aside, Cuban is clueless with his filter. Is it any wonder he got no sit down meetings with the best free agents; all of them having played AAU and College ball.

• Sad 1

The most dominant player in high school basketball since the great Michael Jordan. The best “in game” collegiate dunker since [HALF-MAN HALF-UNDRAFTED ~lw3]. An ambidextrous 6’7” locomotive on the court who possesses an innate ability to absolutely dominate in a game with speed, power and athleticism. 

[RANDOM NBA player ~lw3] described him as a "once-in-a-generation type athlete" while an anonymous college basketball coach labeled him a "freak of nature."

Simply put, the most polarizing prospect for scouts to salivate over in a long time.

At 6’7”, he is versatile enough to play both forward positions but also has enough power to play a small ball 5. He’s been compared to Charles Barkley and Larry “grandmama” Johnson due to his body composition. Currently listed generously at 285 pounds (closer to 310) he will need to shed some baby fat for the NBA.

GM Spud was elated at the chance to draft such a talent and simply said:

“The kid was born to play this game at a very high level and we are excited to be in a  unique position to draft this special young man.”

Spud went on to say..

Magic

Bird

Jordan

Kobe

[FASCINATING AS-YET UNDRAFTED DUDE ~lw3]

Zion... ( 🤝 to us for landing this immense talent).

With the 13th pick in the 2019 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

Zion Williamson

@Nicholasp27 (Bird) is on the clock ⏰! Or I guess the owner of that 10th team? 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The most dominant player in high school basketball since the great Michael Jordan. The best “in game” collegiate dunker since 😱. An ambidextrous 6’7” locomotive on the court who possesses an innate ability to absolutely dominate in a game with speed, power and athleticism. 

NBA player 😲 described him as a "once-in-a-generation type athlete" while an anonymous college basketball coach labeled him a "freak of nature."

Simply put, the most polarizing prospect for scouts to salivate over in a long time.

At 6’7”, he is versatile enough to play both forward positions but also has enough power to play a small ball 5. He’s been compared to Charles Barkley and Larry “grandmama” Johnson due to his body composition. Currently listed generously at 285 pounds (closer to 310) he will need to shed some baby fat for the NBA.

GM Spud was elated at the chance to draft such a talent and simply said:

“The kid was born to play this game at a very high level and we are excited to be in a  unique position to draft this special young man.”

Spud went on to say..

Magic

Bird

Jordan

Kobe

😇

Zion... ( 🤝 to us for landing this immense talent).

With the 13th pick in the 2019 Squawk Dynasty Draft, the Spudsters select:

Zion Williamson

@Nicholasp27 (Bird) is on the clock ⏰! Or I guess the owner of that 10th team? 

Solid pick and I was wondering who would grab him! I was damn sure he was not making it to 22/23. You have to keep him away from the Spuds though Spud 😋

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

You have to keep him away from the Spuds though Spud 😋<span><span>

General Manager Spud 🥔 gave Zion gift cards to Subway, Chipotle and Starbucks only. 😆 20-30 pounds needs to be shed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

@Buzzard 

I got ur 2 on 2 challenge here..

Luka (10th)+ Zion (13th)

vs

Trae (1st)+ ? (22nd)

Anytime you feelin it..Rucker Park lets 🏃 🏀!

I will need to find a brick wall to throw at Zion. Trae is carrying Luka around in his hip pocket, so I am not worried about that match up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

And no, Spud, Luka's Euro league teammates are only eligible to be picked if they were actually NBA draft eligible.)

The Cuban strategy was x’d out real quick with that Zion pick! 😆 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

that was not the guy. Great Pick though

• Like 2

Just now, Buzzard said:

I will need to find a brick wall to throw at Zion. Trae is carrying Luka around in his hip pocket, so I am not worried about that match up.

You better bring some 🥩 to matchup. 😆  Granted this isn’t a 2 on 2 game but with my 2 guys, I kind of wish it was 2 on 2. Nobody else has 2 guys yet though so we will have to wait till the end of pick 22 to see what’s up.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

The Cuban strategy was x’d out real quick with that Zion pick! 😆 

Hmmm...Cuban strategy of foreign players....Spud takes Euro first pick and then follows up with a guy literally named after a foreign state in the Middle East.

Cubanism is still on track.

• Haha 3