• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Scott Brooks telling Beal he's gotta face Cam Pippen again this year ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e479sgfxt9tipwg1ax0mb

Off thread topic - but speaking of Pippen, maybe it's been discussed elsewhere, but does Hunter remind anyone else of Scottie (more so than Cam)? They have a similar build, Hunter is 6-8, 225; Scottie 6-8, 210. He's outperforming Scottie in their respective year 2's, but damn. I see a player who looks like Scottie running up and down the court when I see Hunter. AND De'Andre shoots better. The dunks he's been throwing down this year remind me of Pippen too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Off thread topic - but speaking of Pippen, maybe it's been discussed elsewhere, but does Hunter remind anyone else of Scottie (more so than Cam)? They have a similar build, Hunter is 6-8, 225; Scottie 6-8, 210. He's outperforming Scottie in their respective year 2's, but damn. I see a player who looks like Scottie running up and down the court when I see Hunter. AND De'Andre shoots better. The dunks he's been throwing down this year remind me of Pippen too. 

Nah, he's more rugged than Pippen was.  If my foggy memory is correct, Pippen was more wiry.  Hunter seems to be more in-between wiry and filled out.

Splittin hairs a bit but that's how i sees it.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Nah, he's more rugged than Pippen was.  If my foggy memory is correct, Pippen was more wiry.  Hunter seems to be more in-between wiry and filled out.

Splittin hairs a bit but that's how i sees it.

I see a lot of Joe Johnson with Hunter.  He is built like a brick wall.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Cam showed some flashes against Utah of the player he was last year.   He just needs to slow down and make the right decision.   And honestly he's not a good enough shooter yet to shoot himself out of a slump.   He's going to have to make a living slashing for a while.   He has a physical advantage getting to the hole almost all the time.  he needs to learn how to finish better. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Cam weren't a lottery pick ( and tied to the Trae for ______ trade ), would he still be given as many minutes to develop?

His defense is very valuable to us so the answer is idk. Definitely not a yes or no. The fact that he is as talented as he is, is why he gets constant big mins.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His defense is very valuable to us so the answer is idk. Definitely not a yes or no. The fact that he is as talented as he is, is why he gets constant big mins.

Honestly, I think he has to play because of his defense.  But his time would depend on the opponent we're playing . . and if Huerter was playing well or not.

I'm not going to put the "Marvin Curse" on Cam just yet.  But I do believe that fans wouldn't be so anxious about his development, if he weren't picked so high.  That was Marvin's Curse.  He wasn't "bad" . . just mediocre.  But he couldn't be mediocre as a #2 pick.  As a lottery pick, I think most want Cam to be at least a solid starter.

Ironically, we'd all love for him to be playing like 2nd year Marvin Williams right now.

• Moderators

Yeah but the 10th pick in the draft isn't usually a star or even a main guy in year 1.5.   I mean in the Trae draft which was probably the best draft in a long time the 10th pick was Mikal Bridges who just now is starting to show signs of being a really good player in his third year and at almost 25 years old.   That's just one example but honestly he's probably the best 10th pick of the last few years.  (Zach Collins, Thon Maker, Justice Winslow)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'll say this much, if Cam weren't a Hawk, if he played for some other team, we would all take one look at his rock bottom shooting splits and declare him a bust. 

That's what the idiots do 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Honestly, I think he has to play because of his defense.  But his time would depend on the opponent we're playing . . and if Huerter was playing well or not.

I'm not going to put the "Marvin Curse" on Cam just yet.  But I do believe that fans wouldn't be so anxious about his development, if he weren't picked so high.  That was Marvin's Curse.  He wasn't "bad" . . just mediocre.  But he couldn't be mediocre as a #2 pick.  As a lottery pick, I think most want Cam to be at least a solid starter.

Ironically, we'd all love for him to be playing like 2nd year Marvin Williams right now.

Marvin was picked 2nd over a Hall of Famer that many people were clamoring for. Cam was picked 10th over Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, and Cam Johnson. Very different situations. Hunter was the pick we swung for the fences on and Cam was the high ceiling project that fell into our laps. He still only has 76 games under his belt and he still hasn't had a real off-season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, High5 said:

He still only has 76 games under his belt and he still hasn't had a real off-season. 

We gotta stop making excuses for Cam.  He had the same off season time as Dre but Dre worked on his game.  Cam needs to study a lot of film so he can improve his BBIQ.  He plays too selfishly on offense which results in him doing to much one on one.  Learn the game son!

30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We gotta stop making excuses for Cam.  He had the same off season time as Dre but Dre worked on his game.  Cam needs to study a lot of film so he can improve his BBIQ.  He plays too selfishly on offense which results in him doing to much one on one.  Learn the game son!

Maturity!  I agree.  Lets let the crop ripen before we discard it.  Cam needs to grow.  And he will.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Anyone who expects the same thing from a 21 year old as a 23 year old is going to be in for a lot of disappointment.

Ok I'll use a rookie like Ball or Haliburton then. Or a second year player like Ja Morant ...plus I was referring to Dre's improvement compared to Cam's regression but I know no matter what I say, there will be excuses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, High5 said:

Marvin was picked 2nd over a Hall of Famer that many people were clamoring for. Cam was picked 10th over Tyler Herro, PJ Washington, and Cam Johnson. Very different situations. Hunter was the pick we swung for the fences on and Cam was the high ceiling project that fell into our laps. He still only has 76 games under his belt and he still hasn't had a real off-season. 

If it's very different situations, why are people crying about Cam and his slow development?   

Our fan base had very high hopes for Cam, even elevating him over Hunter at the start of the season ( due to how Cam finished last season ).  Now with Cam struggling again, expectations have been tempered.  They probably shouldn't have been elevated in the first place.  Let the kid learn what he does best in this league and hope the coach puts him in the correct situations.

Right now, Cam is a bad 3 point shooter and a very poor finisher in the paint.  It shocked me to see that he's only 4 - 27 on shots from 3 - 10 feet.  Coaching staff needs to find out what he can do consistently as an offensive player, and just stick with that.  Might be time to take baby steps with Cam offensively.

• Like 2