• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAM REDDISH TO NY FOR KEVIN KNOX AND FIRST!?!

NBASupes

Reddish could potentially join rare company if this is his play: Of the VORP: 

The best Rookie VORPs since 1990:

David Robinson - 6.4 Note:  24 yo. 

1989-90 All-Defensive (2nd)

1989-90 All-NBA (3rd)

1989-90 All-Rookie (1st)

Tim Duncan - 6.0 VORP. 3rd in the NBA. All NBA 1st team. All Rookie. ROY. 2nd team all D. Let's just say Tim broke the NBA. 

CP3 5.7 9th best in the NBA. CP3 should have been 2nd team all NBA PG as a rookie with the data or film to match. 

Ben Simmons 4.6

Chris Webber 4.5

Shaq 4.4

Luka 3.6

Trae 0.6

80s: 

Michael Jordan - 8.1

Hakeem - 4.0

Nique 1.8

Bird - 5.4 

Magic - 5.3

70s:

Alvan Adams - 5.8, he was an all star as a rookie and never made it back. Truly strange. His Rookie year was 3rd in the NBA. My guess was this was during the ABA and the talent was heavily weaken. 

VORP didn't exist for most of the 70s. 

Cam could be in elite company. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have a great idea! Why not we let this young man actually play an NBA game before we try to crown him the next anything. Besides it's gonna be hard being the next Randy Moss when he is backing up Huerter

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

supremely inferior teams in the MAC or D2

Just for the record, and as the resident Marshall expert... I don't think Randy ever played against any Division 2 teams.

I know, I know... who cares, right?... well, but there is at least as much difference between FCS (and what used to be called I-AA) and DII as there is between FCS and FBS schools' football.

Marshall was the winningest Division I team of the 1990s, and Randy was, of course, a part of that story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kerrypack said:

I think that you got cam reddish's shooting ability mixed up with cam johnson's. -g-

No, I don't. Cam Johnson is a much better shooter, the issue with Johnson isn't he doesn't have the profile. The lack of iso ability, 3pt variance and creation. His calling card will be movement which he is already elite at. He is in the mold of J.J. and Klay

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

After reading your analysis, I see what you've been saying now. Like you said, Cam is just a seamless fit next to the pieces we have. I don't anticipate his transition being swift due to the time he's missed with injuries, but once he gets going, he'll be exactly what we need at SF.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My reaction:

0d9299cdaa0a2a78ef36d63fe08b6192.gif

I'd need the Cliff notes version @NBASupes

My reaction... as one might expect b/c it comes up from time to time...

Write whatever you want, Supes, and how ever much you want.

It's fine for people to choose whether or not to read, and  it's all fine for you to choose what you think you need to say in order to express what you're thinking.

This is a discussion board, not a tweet board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

My reaction... as one might expect b/c it comes up from time to time...

Write whatever you want, Supes, and how ever much you want.

It's fine for people to choose whether or not to read, and  it's all fine for you to choose what you think you need to say in order to express what you're thinking.

This is a discussion board, not a tweet board.

Shots fired 🔥!

ps Sturt.. Braves and Nats on BSPN today. Put the Nats 🧢 on the lab 🐶 and let’s roll.

Teheran vs Straus!

Advanced metrics or not, taking the time to study and break down all them numbers painfully, and using those numbers to prove your point really does not help. The kid simply has to perform and breaking down the most advanced basketball metrics is not gonna help him do that. I understand some of you enjoy looking this stuff up, but sometimes it seems a little obsessive to get a point across.

It does not matter in the bigger picture. He will perform well or he just simply will not. I cannot believe I actually read all that 😂

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My reaction:

0d9299cdaa0a2a78ef36d63fe08b6192.gif

I'd need the Cliff notes version @NBASupes

I lost my summary post. I'll do it when I get home. 

1. Simply put. Cam has a chance with his style of play to put up a high OBPM. 

2. His FG% and TS% is fugazi in terms of college. It is indicative of his NBA one which could also be higher. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a 550 TS% as a rookie. 

3. His reb numbers aren't indicative of his rebounding just due to role, potential chances, personnel and how Coach K used him. 

4. His defensive talent translates day 1. He has Lonzo Ball defensive talent. He has a chance to get a 3 DBPM and maybe higher. Ball single handedly changed the Lakers defense. Reddish could as well who might be a better defender at the same stage. He was critical to Duke success defensively. 

5. Comparing situation to Moss and Cam. Team, fit, talent, etc.

6. Our system is a perfect fit. 

7. Coach LP style, Pplayer development and long leash works well with Reddish.

8. Duke developed Cam better than I feel any other college program would have even if he could have been a top 3 pick if used right. Added decent movement skill, defensive polish and a willingness to sacrifice his game for the team. He will adjust exceptionally fast.

9. His body is NBA ready. He is not Jaxson Hayes, Malik Monk or Mo Bamba.

10. His personality is an ideal fit for our locker room.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1