• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves/Nats on BSPN

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3-1 vs Nats....I'll take it.

It was auditioning of left handed relievers that put the game out of hand. I'll take it too, need to figure out the pitching rotation for post season. Unfortunately it looks like none of the question mark relievers are dependable thus far. 

• Like 3

Last time we see @sturt and the Gnats! Well, until possibly in the playoffs, if you get there, we are probably going to witness some pretty good baseball ⚾️ between the Natties and the Dodgers blue boys. 

3 game set starts in about half an hour with Soroka trying to get back after getting roughed up on Sunday. Same match up against Scherzer who was pretty solid last outing. Should be a good ☝🏿

@Gray Mule Gramps are you watching this one tonight? We got an 8.5 game lead with 14 to go but still might be a classic. 🤞🏽 Hope you are having a good one and able to see some ⚾️. 😊 

GO BRAVES!!!

• Like 3

Braves win 5-0 👮 😆! The return of Markakis and he gets 2 hits including a double and an RBI. Meanwhile Albies continues his quest for a .300 season with 3 hits lifting him up to .293 and not too shabby. The homer he hit was funny because it barely cleared and he was confused 😐 😆.

Soroka was absolutely fabulous. This guy’s seems like our new age Glavine. He’s becoming dominant at an early age. He gave up a single hit in 6 innings of work and the bullpen gave up 2 hits the rest of the way.

Baby 👶 Braves are for real 😳 

GO BRAVES!!!!

Lead is 9.5 and the magic number is a Bobby Cox special at 6! 😉 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Tip of the hat to the Barves.

I've just taken a new position and now live in Shreveport, LA, so I've not been able to be as engaged as I'd been most of the season these last few weeks. I'll be back for the playoffs, though. 🙂

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Praying for Charlie, took a 90+mph fastball to the face trying to bunt on Rodney.  WTF was Dave Martinez thinking leaving Rodney out there after that incident? He should have taken him out immediately used the time getting Charlie off the field to warm up a reliever.  Rodney is a nice guy and his mind wasn't in pitching after that because he wasn't trying to hit Charlie.  This kind of thing really could put a negative vibe in the clubhouse at a critical time for the Nats fighting for the WC.   

UPDATE: Dave Martinez actually asked for an appeal to first base in order to see if Charlie attempted to swing on the bunt, classless!  He got the call, Brian Snitker got ejected arguing that Charlie couldn't attempt to bunt at the ball with it coming at his face.

Snit was in tears about it after the game saying they would be praying for him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, turnermx said:

Dave Martinez actually asked for an appeal to first base in order to see if Charlie attempted to swing on the bunt, classless! 

Bush league by Martinez right there. Put it in our back pockets till we see them later this year or more likely next year the way they are going, they aren’t gonna most likely even make the postseason at this point.

Desperation and classless move by the opposition. 

15 hours ago, turnermx said:

Brian Snitker got ejected arguing that Charlie couldn't attempt to bunt at the ball with it coming at his face.

Was watching the game with my gf and she comes through with the 👩‍✈️ obvious moment on Snitker...

Geez...he seems upset.

😂 I said ...ya think? Snitker’s drool 🤤 was almost flying into our living room. 😊 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

Um. Classless? It's a damn game. No one spat on Culberson. No one kicked him. It was a legitimate question no matter the score, and at 1-1 it was a necessary question... and then, it turns out, it was a PROPER question BECAUSE the ump said he offered.

Your reactions, Barves fans, are ridiculous. YOU should apologize for taking it in some personal way. It IS a damn game, and there ARE rules, and regardless, the rules APPLY to all teams equally.