• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter Article - Don't write off the Huert!

marco102

30 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Some scout pundit, whoever is providing you with these projections Supes, thinks he has a end all be all formula to project NBA talent; yet he can't get a job making six figures doing just that. This is why I don't pay a lot of attention to what I call hype stats. Huerter shot .758 from the FT line and .417 from three his sophomore year. How in the world some advanced metric does not see the possibility that he could be a great shooter is beyond me.

These are hard stats and if Huerter passes the eye test, he does, that is all I need. I think Hunter has the same opportunity to succeed based on his eerily similar .783 FT% and .438 3PT% his sophomore year; and on D he blows the eye test up. Schlenk is a very smart man; getting these two players, and Collins, while also swinging for the fences on Reddish and Bruno proves it all day.

I rather look at truly translatable data. If I used average data points, it wouldn't tell me nothing. The eye test was always good for Kevin but the data said if he shot what he shot this year in his 2nd year, that would have been major progress. If he shoots incrementally better, that means he have had massive progress which he is on pace to do. Even his personal coach since HS in the article said that he was extremely impressed with Atlanta's player development Mr. Critic. 

The reason we use the projected 3 point shot is because more times than not it's extremely accurate. Now you can outshoot that mark. Steph had the highest mark of all time. He outshot it by an unbelievable mark as his career progressed. It's simply the most accurate. No one thinks Justise Winslow and Lonzo Ball are better three point shooters than Steph Curry. 

Volume matters. Even in the NBA his volume hasn't been all that great. Variance matters. Which is why he is working that heavily. Once again, not understanding the NBA is making you look goofy in the light.

Hunter, lol. He doesn't pass the eye test and his 3s come mostly at 4 while wide open. His projected mark is a meager 35.6% which is very good for a 4 but not not what you want from a 3 in our system. 

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I rather look at truly translatable data. If I used average data points, it wouldn't tell me nothing. The eye test was always good for Kevin but the data said if he shot what he shot this year in his 2nd year, that would have been major progress. If he shoots incrementally better, that means he have had massive progress which he is on pace to do. Even his personal coach since HS in the article said that he was extremely impressed with Atlanta's player development Mr. Critic. 

The reason we use the projected 3 point shot is because more times than not it's extremely accurate. Now you can outshoot that mark. Steph had the highest mark of all time. He outshot it by an unbelievable mark as his career progressed. It's simply the most accurate. No one thinks Justise Winslow and Lonzo Ball are better three point shooters than Steph Curry. 

Volume matters. Even in the NBA his volume hasn't been all that great. Variance matters. Which is why he is working that heavily. Once again, not understanding the NBA is making you look goofy in the light.

I am a proof is in the pudding type of guy. Unless you can show me past data sets where your man hit more than your man missed, I will take hard stats, apply an eye test, while also understanding that sometimes very talented players still fail because of whats between the ears.

I cannot stand wishy washy made up stat formulas with no substance being provided, If I can't see it, I ain't buying it.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am a proof is in the pudding type of guy. Unless you can show me past data sets where your man hit more than your man missed, I will take hard stats, apply an eye test, while also understanding that sometimes very talented players still fail because of whats between the ears.

I cannot stand wishy washy made up stat formulas with no substance being provided, If I can't see it, I ain't buying it.

You don't understand the ingredients in the pudding to understand what's behind the proof in your eyes. You tried to throw Hunter in here when Huerter has always passed eye test as a legit shooter and Hunter hasn't especially when defended. Only 26 percent of his shots are 3s compared to 54% of Huerter in his last year of college. You don't understand data broski

Edited by NBASupes

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You don't understand the ingredients in the pudding to understand what's behind the proof in your eyes. You tried to throw Hunter in here when Huerter has always passed eye test as a legit shooter and Hunter hasn't especially when defended. Only 26 percent of his shots are 3s compared to 54% of Huerter in his last year of college. You don't understand data broski

You are missing the point. Hunter is not one dimensional.

Hunter has to be guarded, if not, he will knock down his threes. Please leave him unguarded. Hunter will go into beast mode against most SG and SF, that will have a impact. Hunter is not timid about contact, he gets to the line, and knocks down his free throws, that will have a impact. Hunter can defend, that will have a impact.

I understand data. You seem to think the only thing that matters is what is important to you. Things like chucking 10 threes a game while only hitting .333%.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

Just now, Buzzard said:

You are missing the point. Hunter is not one dimensional.

Hunter has to be guarded, if not, he will knock down his threes. Please leave him unguarded. Hunter will go into beast mode against most SG and SF, that will have a impact. Hunter is not timid about contact, he gets to the line, and knocks down his free throws, that will have a impact. Hunter can defend, that will have a impact.

Lol. You sound like someone who doesn't understand Hunter game and I love Hunter game 

Edited by NBASupes

I get the feeling that Hunter with some posters will be the new Josh Smith v. Al Horford. Josh Smith guys used to interject Smoove into every thread especially with me who was an obvious Horford supporter. It was lame then and it's lame now and unlike Smoove, I actually like Hunter. A lot. 

I refuse to address it moving forward, this thread is about Kevin Huerter 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol. You sound like someone who doesn't understand Hunter game and I love Hunter game 

Really? You don't think Hunter played bully ball in the national championship game against Culver? You and I did not watch the same game. I don't know how much more of a bully he could have been. Hunter shot .550 on his 2PT attempts last season and he got to line more than Huerter or Reddish.

You need to stop making things up, It is like you are trying to pull a rabbit out of Trae's hat he is wearing in that picture. According to you Hunter does not get inside and he does not create his own three point shot. I think you hate Hunter's game to be honest.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I get the feeling that Hunter with some posters will be the new Josh Smith v. Al Horford. Josh Smith guys used to interject Smoove into every thread especially with me who was an obvious Horford supporter. It was lame then and it's lame now and unlike Smoove, I actually like Hunter. A lot. 

I refuse to address it moving forward, this thread is about Kevin Huerter 

No one interjected anyone to spur you to defend your guy, I mentioned all five of our draft picks, compared Huerters 3PT% to Hunter's' and you think that is somehow, in a lame way, about you and Reddish. I am over this. Like talking to a child.