JayBirdHawk

Around the League Musings

I wonder if anything will come of it. There were a lot of deals finalized right at the 6:00PM start

Boston signing Kemba

Philly signing Al (heard Boston was stomping about that one).

Etc.

Based on reports Uncle Dennis was asking for all kinda stuff. Will be interesting.

On 7/24/2019 at 6:34 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if anything will come of it. There were a lot of deals finalized right at the 6:00PM start

Boston signing Kemba

Philly signing Al (heard Boston was stomping about that one).

Etc.

"What???  How could Al sign that fast in Philly without tampering????

Only we are supposed to be able to tamper like that!!"

• Like 2

Is this where I place my musings from now on?  Well, here's a doozy ...

If Bazemore had the same role and leash Devin Booker has, he (and probably 20 other guards) could put up similar numbers.

That doesn't mean I think Booker is a bad player.  I just think his gaudy numbers are inflated by circumstance.

Don't @ me, AH

Just now, kg01 said:

Is this where I place my musings from now on?  Well, here's a doozy ...

If Bazemore had the same role and leash Devin Booker has, he (and probably 20 other guards) could put up similar numbers.

That doesn't mean I think Booker is a bad player.  I just think his gaudy numbers are inflated by circumstance.

Don't @ me, AH

I think he is much better than Baze but agree he is overrated by being the main option on a bad team.  He could put up nice numbers on an elite team (maybe better %s if he played the Tray Thompson role alongside Curry, Green and Durant, for example) but wouldn't have nearly the same volume.  He just hasn't been efficient enough with his offense to date to really make the leap to star and still needs to play some D.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he is much better than Baze but agree he is overrated by being the main option on a bad team.  He could put up nice numbers on an elite team (maybe better %s if he played the Tray Thompson role alongside Curry, Green and Durant, for example) but wouldn't have nearly the same volume.  He just hasn't been efficient enough with his offense to date to really make the leap to star and still needs to play some D.

Agreed.  Suns folk speak of him as if he's great.  Eddie Johnson likens him to Jordan before the 6 rings.  Yes, that Jordan.  Yikes.

Truthfully, we don't really know what he is.  Unfortunately, he's been paid at this point which likely screws up his trajectory.

Seriously, how would any coach tell him he's got a lot to work on.  He'd probably be like, "Uh, have you seen my paycheck?  Work on that.  Now hol' on, lemme call James Jones so he can fire yo' a**."

I really hope we see some level of winning before we have to pay our guys.

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who he? 😁

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who he? 😁

Sounds like a 🥊 face to me...

TWAAAAANS 👯 😆 

• Haha 1

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsouthsideshowdow

Big slugger...massive .664 OPS...

You guys know him from LA and Chi-Town, right?