• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Around the League Musings

• Moderators
On 7/24/2019 at 6:34 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if anything will come of it. There were a lot of deals finalized right at the 6:00PM start

Boston signing Kemba

Philly signing Al (heard Boston was stomping about that one).

Etc.

"What???  How could Al sign that fast in Philly without tampering????

Only we are supposed to be able to tamper like that!!"

• Like 3

Is this where I place my musings from now on?  Well, here's a doozy ...

If Bazemore had the same role and leash Devin Booker has, he (and probably 20 other guards) could put up similar numbers.

That doesn't mean I think Booker is a bad player.  I just think his gaudy numbers are inflated by circumstance.

Don't @ me, AH

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Is this where I place my musings from now on?  Well, here's a doozy ...

If Bazemore had the same role and leash Devin Booker has, he (and probably 20 other guards) could put up similar numbers.

That doesn't mean I think Booker is a bad player.  I just think his gaudy numbers are inflated by circumstance.

Don't @ me, AH

I think he is much better than Baze but agree he is overrated by being the main option on a bad team.  He could put up nice numbers on an elite team (maybe better %s if he played the Tray Thompson role alongside Curry, Green and Durant, for example) but wouldn't have nearly the same volume.  He just hasn't been efficient enough with his offense to date to really make the leap to star and still needs to play some D.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he is much better than Baze but agree he is overrated by being the main option on a bad team.  He could put up nice numbers on an elite team (maybe better %s if he played the Tray Thompson role alongside Curry, Green and Durant, for example) but wouldn't have nearly the same volume.  He just hasn't been efficient enough with his offense to date to really make the leap to star and still needs to play some D.

Agreed.  Suns folk speak of him as if he's great.  Eddie Johnson likens him to Jordan before the 6 rings.  Yes, that Jordan.  Yikes.

Truthfully, we don't really know what he is.  Unfortunately, he's been paid at this point which likely screws up his trajectory.

Seriously, how would any coach tell him he's got a lot to work on.  He'd probably be like, "Uh, have you seen my paycheck?  Work on that.  Now hol' on, lemme call James Jones so he can fire yo' a**."

I really hope we see some level of winning before we have to pay our guys.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who he? 😁

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What stood out - Iggy: Hall of Fame Career???? Really?

Hall of fame on the scrubs maybe. That’s it. If Iggy goes to the hall then it’s the hall of shame and injured players who play 10 key minutes a game. Rename it.

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hall of fame on the scrubs maybe. That’s it. If Iggy goes to the hall then it’s the hall of shame and injured players who play 10 key minutes a game. Rename it.

They ruined the Hall of shFame years ago by placing this ridiculous emphasis on internationals and "contributors".

So lemme get this straight, some rando who was never good enough to play anywhere but some foreign league, is an all-time great because he was that country's only halfway decent player and therefore has a boat load of Olympic appearances/stats? 

... But he could never make the NBA?  ... but he's an all-time great?

This does not compute.

Ohhhhh but he was a "contributor" because he happens to come from some rando country and played basketball while everybody else was playing cricket or some other such nonsense?  You know what you do?  You let that rando country put him/her in their hall of fame.  You don't put him/her in the basketball HOF.

It's ridiculous.

• Like 3

Since this is about musings. Kawhi goes to an Eastern team and takes the Championship then finds a serious challenge out West while our guy Horf had a failed experiment of taking the easy way to the championship series with Boston and is reloading the strategy with Philly this time around. Was actually my favorite in the day but not the number one option you are looking for. Talented player and especially a great high low passer but don't try to sign this guy long term because his patience has been running out for a while now. On the other hand, any misery he has caused for Ainge is a new glass of Cabernet and a toast to Al from me. Now about his brat sister.... 

• Haha 3