• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Schedule Talk: No Christmas Game ... again

kg01

@kg01 He’s a good kid and is gonna be a star ⭐️ He’s just splurging in New Orleans but he will be ready. Having said that I haven’t had a chance to look up the Xmas games but heard Eddie Johnson say it was the best Xmas lineup ever! 😆 This is the last year we don’t make it btw. We are gonna be scary fun to watch and Adam Silver would be a fool to leave us out. I gotta see who is playing now. 

• Like 2

Christmas games are all about the casual fan and big markets. Zion will be hyped as the next LeBron for as long as anyone will believe it.

We probably won’t be considered until 2021 at the earliest. Unless Trae really takes off and we make the playoffs this season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

And don't give me Zion.  You really think he's gonna make it through Thanksgiving?

KG01, don't you know that Zion is replacing "The King" in the hearts of all NBA fans?  He will be leading his team, having them at #1 by Christmas, already having secured the rookie of the year by Thanksgiving.

Remember when King James hit the NBA and he had signed so many companies to promote that he was a millionaire before the season began.  That's not counting what the Cavs were paying.

Our new, MVP, Zion is following the same pattern.  No, he will not last through Thanksgiving as a regular player.  By then, he will be the new, Must see, star of all the NBA. 

What a load to put on any rookie.  Will Zion survive all this?  We will see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm not even gonna run down the lineup.  All I need you nerds to do is explain to me why in the ever loving F is the fkng PeliCant's on Christmas fkng day?

Why?

Explain it to me.

And don't give me Zion.  You really think he's gonna make it through Thanksgiving?

Yep . . . I'm going to give you Zion.  This is what people want to see.

And if any group of fans should know better, it should be us. Please don't count out Zion, the same way people counted out Trae.

As for Christmas Day games, our time will come IF Trae becomes an All-Star and Atlanta becomes one of the more enjoyable teams in the league to watch.  We'll also need to be top 5 in the East.

Christmas Day games are either about star power, or large market.

32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And if any group of fans should know better, it should be us. Please don't count out Zion, the same way people counted out Trae.

As for Christmas Day games, our time will come IF Trae becomes an All-Star and Atlanta becomes one of the more enjoyable teams in the league to watch.  We'll also need to be top 5 in the East.

Christmas Day games are either about star power, or large market.

You're not telling me anything I don't know.

Reality though is there's a level of unearned hype on the Cant's overall in addition to the Zion stuff.

49 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pity the "little people" who attempts to slow down this run away freight train who is replacing King James as the big bully shooter of the NBA.  The King is still around for a while so we now have 2 beasts to worry us mere mortals..

• Like 2

Ok I just saw the lineup for Xmas. What is Eddie Johnson talking about? This is the best lineup of Xmas day games ever? No way. Only 3/5 set of games belong.

Lakers at Clippers YES (one of these teams has a good chance of repping in the finals if 🚀 don’t).

Bucks at Sixers YES (see above)

Rockets at Warriors NO (who wants to see scurry throw up a million shots and Draymond yell at the refs. ITS OVER FOR GS!!!!! Rockets deserve to be on but not against the stinky Scrubs. Scrubs are finito!

Celts at Raps NO (appeasing our northeast 👬.... Look F the Celts. I don’t care if they win 50 games Kemba ain’t going past round 2 in the playoffs. Raptors shouldn’t be on because they barely have a shot for the playoffs much less the finals again.

Pelicans at Nuggets YES I actually like this game being on. Zion, the next Air Jordan must be seen @kg01 he’s that damn good lol, and people want to be witnesses to Zion like Lebron. The Nuggets are a top 5 team in the west with the Clipps, Rockets, Lakers and Jazz imo so they deserve to be seen as well.

3/5 are look good to me.

ps Next year I wanna see:

2020: Hawks at Sixers or Bucks (after we surprise knock one out in the playoffs this year and shock the world 🌎)

2021 Hawks host a Xmas day game.

No salt over here.. If they were, they'd probably be the 1st game to be on and done with, like an undercard.

The Hawks aren't nationally cared about now, that's just the way it is. 

Edited by Dnice

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

We are currently one of the lowest watch teams ... as we build a rep of young and exciting that may change but Christmas is the feature day

What's the PeliCant's tv watch rate compared to ours?

Oh, ok.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 what would you have said if we drafted Zion? I guess at that point you woulda sided with him, I’m hoping. 

I'd be this year's soth but I'd be waiting for the injury(ies) to happen hoping we'd succeed in spite of.

• Like 1