• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Schedule Talk: No Christmas Game ... again

kg01

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

National TV schedule breakdown.

I’m sorry but you’re gonna have the best passer in the NBA on espn, tnt and ABC 0 times this year...

Thats not right. Trae should be seen on national television by the world 🌍.

19th overall.. wow. We should be top 12 at least.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hazer said:

Gonna take 1 more year of marinating and simmering. You know BSPN are reactionary jock riders, not cutting edge visionary chefs. Patience S2N-san, patience 😑✨

We should charge them double next year for jumping on the wagon late 😆 I hear you for sure, BSPN is the ultimate bandwagon network.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, pimp said:

We'll end up getting a couple of games from those bums before the year is over. They always end up making changes to the schedule when star players are injured ,or the match ups look bad  because teams have under preformed. If Zion gets injured all those Pelican games will get dumped.

Or if the are not very good or go into tank mode.

3 hours ago, pimp said:

We'll end up getting a couple of games from those bums before the year is over. They always end up making changes to the schedule when star players are injured ,or the match ups look bad  because teams have under preformed. If Zion gets injured all those Pelican games will get dumped.

Wait all these Pel games are on because of Zion? I thought people loved Griff?

you might hear a pissed 😤 off loud scream 😱 from @kg01 in 3.....2..

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait all these Pel games are on because of Zion? I thought people loved Griff?

you might hear a pissed 😤 off loud scream 😱 from @kg01 in 3.....2..

I can't tell what I'm rooting for more.  For the Hawks to get to the Finals or for the PeliCan'ts to fall flat on their faces this year.

Right now, it's a toss-up.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can't tell what I'm rooting for more.  For the Hawks to get to the Finals or for the PeliCan'ts to fall flat on their faces this year.

Oh man! Let me know when ur level of hate reaches what I had with the scrubs. Although mine started in 1986 so.... I was on the F GS wagon when I was 10. Lol.

But I do see a lot of Pelican hate coming from you. Skrong hate! 😆 

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The PeliCan'ts should not be inspiring this much hate.  They are getting overhyped but....eh...is that it?  Zion is thoroughly likable with zero off-court issues.  NO is a non-premium market that has never attracted a single high profile FA and has never won anything of any consequence.  And they look like lottery fodder for this season.  Some level of hype around their young talent and future picks is definitely warranted even if the media is overboard on the hype train (see our Dynasty Draft where we Hawks fans picked more NOP than any other team).

So they don't even approach a team like the Celtics for hate for me, let alone that hate contending with my love for the Hawks.

Give me the Hawks in the Finals every day of the week over the Pelicans having a disastrous season and ending up with a pick between 1-5 plus all their other picks.  They don't need any karmic help from your rooting to suck this year.  They'll be near enough to the top of the lottery all on their own.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

The PeliCan'ts should not be inspiring this much hate.  They are getting overhyped but....eh...is that it?  Zion is thoroughly likable with zero off-court issues.  NO is a non-premium market that has never attracted a single high profile FA and has never won anything of any consequence.  And they look like lottery fodder for this season.  Some level of hype around their young talent and future picks is definitely warranted even if the media is overboard on the hype train (see our Dynasty Draft where we Hawks fans picked more NOP than any other team).

So they don't even approach a team like the Celtics for hate for me, let alone that hate contending with my love for the Hawks.

Give me the Hawks in the Finals every day of the week over the Pelicans having a disastrous season and ending up with a pick between 1-5 plus all their other picks.  They don't need any karmic help from your rooting to suck this year.  They'll be near enough to the top of the lottery all on their own.

Ya know, you make a lot of good points and your post is based in logic that I think most of us agree with and understand.  But ... kg wouldn't be cagey if he worked based on logic, brolio.  So ...

aint-even-mad.gif

... who are you to tell me who-ta hate?  Do I walk in your living room and tell you to stop hatin' on the L'ville Cardinals?  Do I tell you to stop hatin' Tim Couch and Jared Lorenzen (RIP)?

No, I don't.  'Cause it's none-a muh bidness who you hate, AH.

(I'm kidding, knowing my history my hate will propel the 'Can'ts to the freaking super bowl.)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ya know, you make a lot of good points and your post is based in logic that I think most of us agree with and understand.  But ... kg wouldn't be cagey if he worked based on logic, brolio.  So ...

aint-even-mad.gif

... who are you to tell me who-ta hate?  Do I walk in your living room and tell you to stop hatin' on the L'ville Cardinals?  Do I tell you to stop hatin' Tim Couch and Jared Lorenzen (RIP)?

(I'm kidding, knowing my history my hate will propel the 'Can'ts to the freaking super bowl.)

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I think his hate for Saints is rubbing off on the PeliCant's :hehe:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

aint-even-mad.gif

Feel free to hate whoever you want in sports.  Being able to hate irrationally is a great thing about sports!  Just don't think they are worthy of your attention.

(And why would I hate Couch and Lorenzen?  How many QBs were as entertaining to watch as the Hefty Lefty?)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Feel free to hate whoever you want in sports.  Being able to hate irrationally is a great thing about sports!  Just don't think they are worthy of your attention.

(And why would I hate Couch and Lorenzen?  How many QBs were as entertaining to watch as the Hefty Lefty?)

I hate to play therapist here but perhaps kg is so knowledgeable about his basketball 🏀 history that he potentially envisions the Pelicans as the 84 Chicago Bulls. A few years of getting kicked out and taking bruises from the bad boys to become an all time great by winning 6 titles in 8 years. By my calculation, kg is worried about 2026 or so. Maybe 2025. 

Again im not a shrink I only play ☝🏾 on squawk.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I hate to play therapist here but.....Again im not a shrink I only play ☝🏾 on squawk.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ab95e046daa44c5e956

• Haha 1

Took another quick look at the schedule and by the time we build a lil chemistry 🧪 and get a little blow in the schedule it’s Feb...

What do you guys think about going on a little streak then? Say Sunday, Feb. 9th until Friday, March 20!

18 games during that stretch featuring less that beast opponents.

14-4 during that stretch or even 13-5 would have us headed in the right direction.

An important 40 or so days for us to take advantage.

LETS GO HAWKS!

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry but you’re gonna have the best passer in the NBA on espn, tnt and ABC 0 times this year...

Kevin Johnson finally got his ultimate due coverage once he flat out dunked on Hakeem, on the baseline no less, so does Trae have to go similar? Thinking maybe a twenty assist game is more in line with our guy. It will happen more than once.  

• Thanks 1