• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Schedule Talk: No Christmas Game ... again

kg01

On 8/16/2019 at 9:58 AM, lethalweapon3 said:

Came to the same conclusion about the early tough start but the smoother finishing run.

It oughta be bumpy through mid-December.  Hawks will have 20 games where they're playing their 3rd-game-in-4-nights. Half of those 20 come during the first 26 games of the season. The other ten instances get spread out over the next 50 games, and there'll be none in the final seven games.

Similar deal with the 4th-game-in-6-nights. First ten times during the opening 26 games, last nine times spread out over the next 46 games, with none in the final ten games.

They've got five of their nine road-game back-end-of-back-to-backs during their first 33 games (incl. two trips to Chicago in December, and the Staples Center Weekend game against the Lakers in November), then no such games for well over a month, and then none during the final eight games.

The team record for home-game winning streak is 22 (1990-91), and I have a good feeling there's a threat of that toppling at the start of the 2020-21 season. I have the Hawks losing the first game at The Farm post-MLK (vs. the Clips), and then I feel a roll coming on.

There are a few toughies in the mix (Sixers, Blazers, go ahead and throw in the Pels and the Nets), and also the big Luka game after the Break. But the rest of the home schedule are a bunch of teams the Hawks have a chance to be tripped up by. Knicks twice, Cavs twice, Hornets twice, Wizards twice. Only one home game post-MLK will be on a back-to-back (the Leap Day game against Portland). Post-Break, they'll have the heat, Mavs, Magic, Nets, Blazers, Grizzlies at home over the course of 12 days, broken up only by a trip to Philly. If they come out of that stretch unscathed, I can see a home streak that could get up in the high teens.

I'm expecting a rough start to the season, and I'm hoping the fans and especially the team will show resolve through that stretch, tampering down on the traditional tank talk. Alternatively, if the Hawks DON'T struggle much at all in the first few months... we may already have ourselves a little something something by the time April gets here.

~lw3

I personally feel if Atlanta is 10-12 after this period. They have a real shot at a top 4 seed. If they are better than this or better than .500, this team could shock the entire league. If they are around 6/8 wins, they will have an uphill battle. If they are around 2/4 wins, this team will be in the lottery and players didn't improve as much as expected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Say less.

Nah, surely the authorities wouldn't think to look into my interweb activity right?  Naaaaah.

But what's that clicking noise whenever I talk on the phone?  Sounds like a weird echo.  Strange.

Then some nervous guy on the train kept asking me about my missing BIL.  Kept telling me to speak loudly into that weird button on his jacket.  Strange.

(I feel compelled to say, for the record, that I'm joking.)

😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, surely the authorities wouldn't think to look into my interweb activity right?  Naaaaah.

But what's that clicking noise whenever I talk on the phone?  Sounds like a weird echo.  Strange.

Then some nervous guy on the train kept asking me about my missing BIL.  Kept telling me to speak loudly into that weird button on his jacket.  Strange.

(I feel compelled to say, for the record, that I'm joking.)

😏

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/12/2019 at 3:39 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

We got our MLK home game vs Toronto Jan. 20th.

Home opener - Saturday Oct 24th against the Magic.  I'm in like Flynn.

I got my Opening Night tickets!!!

Single season ticket preview presale!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, High5 said:

I could be mistaken, but this might be the first time in a long time we've had all 82 game televised. It seems like we always have one or two games off the air. 

Might get NBA season pass so I can watch some road broadcasts when I've tired of Nique.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:42 PM, bleachkit said:

Might get NBA season pass so I can watch some road broadcasts when I've tired of Nique.

Loved Nique when he was on the court but more and more these days he sounds like O.J. Simpson did on Monday Night Football. Bumbling, stumbling and generally inaccurate. Example=games are not over with eight minutes still left on the clock Nique. 

• Haha 1