• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vince is Back!

Jody23

I honestly feel like a school girl listening to Vince spout out knowledge about the game. He’s the last of a dying breed of classical ballers ⛹️. This is kind of also reminiscent of when Webber was a vet on a young Philly squad Iggy, Lou Williams, Kyle Korver all as youngster and Webb schooling them with the good knowledge he provides on TNT and specially players only 😆..I’m not saying it’s the best delivery but you have to love the experience and knowledge.

I can’t believe he’s back. Man, this is really great for our organization in all aspects. 👍🏼 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

This is good news. Great leadership for our young players and he could have a positive influence on Parker, Parsons, Crabbe, and Turner as well. We have the makings of a decent veteran bench.

You nailed it!  His work ethic, approach, attitude can do nothing but help Parker and Parsons.  I'm most interested in Parker. I think he's gotten a bum rap thus far (20% his own making, 80% media hysteria) and this is a great place/opportunity for him to turn that around. Vince would be a great mentor for him specifically.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

Got a warm, fuzzy feeling when I read this on Trae's insta.  You can tell that Vince has done wonders for the kid.  Speculation is that Vince will go into commentary after this season, but I hope Lloyd brings him in to be an assistant coach.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, hazer said:

Uncle Vince! Vinsanity! This will most benefit Reddish, Hunter, and Parker. Plus  the Hawks will get great exposure for VC’s “farewell tour.”

I feel like Bruno can really benefit from him too. Especially given that Bruno is such a good communicator 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I find this Thread so hilarious!  We had the worst paint defense in the league last year.  John Collin had like 1 steal and almost no blocks before the all star break.  Trae was totally disinterested in playing defense in most game and really never figured out how to defend the pick and roll but yet Vince Carter's presence did something?  And on offense, Bembry continued to throw the ball all over the place and Huerter finished like Cam reddish around the basket.  Y'all have vivid imaginations!

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I find this Thread so hilarious!  We had the worst pain defense in the league last year.  John Collin had like 1 steal and almost no blocks before the all star break.  Trae was totally disinterested in playing defense in most game and really never figured out how to defend the pick and roll but yet Vince Carter's presence did something?  Y'all have vivid imaginations!

Vince wasn’t signed, nor re-signed, based on improving this team’s D. Many other levels to it. He’s a great mentor for the Young’ns, a great locker room presence, a respected HoF’er who brings gravitas to our team around the league, and a great re-sign. One guy alone isn’t the defensive answer and won’t make a major difference there, but he’s had and will continue having a huge impact in several other areas. The Young’ns need that, it’s invaluable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

For example?

You already know the answer to this, it’s been quoted and discussed on this board at length. El-P, Ice TrATL, The Huert, etc have been quoted praising his leadership, teaching, locker room command, respect, gravitas, etc. I’ll leave digging for the rest of that as your homework, not doing that for ya Peo (as much as I like ya) 😉

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hazer said:

You already know the answer to this, it’s been quoted and discussed on this board at length. El-P, Ice TrATL, The Huert, etc have been quoted praising his leadership, teaching, locker room command, respect, gravitas, etc. I’ll leave digging for the rest of that as your homework, not doing that for ya Peo (as much as I like ya) 😉

What does that all mean if it doesn't mean better effort on the court?

47 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I find this Thread so hilarious!  We had the worst pain defense in the league last year.  John Collin had like 1 steal and almost no blocks before the all star break.  Trae was totally disinterested in playing defense in most game and really never figured out how to defend the pick and roll but yet Vince Carter's presence did something?  And on offense, Bembry continued to throw the ball all over the place and Huerter finished like Cam reddish around the basket.  Y'all have vivid imaginations!

You are being a tad pessimistic today. I wake up like that sometimes, then I watch:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hazer said:

It means better effort on the court 😉

Didn't show because the Hawks won on pure talent alone not by playing smart basketball....Prince, Baze, Bembry played extremely dumb at times last year while John and Trae Lacked effort on D.  In fact Trae was very undisciplined with his shot during the 1st half of the season.  So there are plenty of arguments that fly in the face of your claims against your claims.  Lets not for get the bone headed play of Bembry fouling a 3 point shooter with no time left on the game clock allowing free throw shots to win the game against Indiana.