• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vince is Back!

Jody23

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Synopsis:

1. Great being back especially around the new guys already, they want to be good, already asking questions.

2. He's 100% player, no coaching for him

3. Preseason and training camp takes a toll on his body since it's getting back into a rhythm.

4. They'll be trying to win, it's a young crew but the returning players (Trae, John, Heurter and Bembry) all had great years.

5. Once game slowed down for Trae, he took off.

6. Hunter and Reddish both hsve high bball IQs, great potential.

7. Thoughts on Emory training center, he called it 'My Friend'. Facility is put together for players to succeed.

I been hearing but Hunter and Reddish have been impressing everyone and that Bruno is coming along nicely but will need time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Oh well. Kinda bursting my bubble there. We knew it would be a slim chance though.

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eh.  Call it mentoring instead of coaching.  It is part of what makes him a great addition to the team.

Make no mistake: he’s a player-coach...

• Like 4

• Moderators

Thinking about the question, he probably didn’t want to say “yes” because he didn’t want to come across like he was undermining the coaches.  He doesn’t have coach authority but will help our young players develop on and off the court.  All good regardless of the label you put on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

Eh.  Call it mentoring instead of coaching.  It is part of what makes him a great addition to the team.

5 hours ago, hazer said:

Make no mistake: he’s a player-coach...

The question was what percentage coach vs player for him this season - he said 100% player.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The question was what percentage coach vs player for him this season - he said 100% player.

Which was the correct thing “to say.” 😉

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I love Vince being back with the Hawks!

Carter describes himself as an “open book,” happy to share advice with his teammates. That’s what Charles Oakley did for him in Toronto, and it’s what he loves doing for fellow Hawks. 

Last season, he worked with John Collins on the power forward’s footwork. He talks with Young about how to shoulder the pressure of being the face of a franchise, something Carter knows plenty about. He works with Huerter on how to take that next big leap in his career. 

Coach Lloyd Pierce lets Carter address the team in practice, if there’s something he wants to say. That took some getting used to. 

“I don’t want people to feel like I’m taking over practice,” Carter said. “It’s just that sometimes I see things and it’s a team thing, we’re trying to win. It’s not like I’m trying to be a coach. I don’t want to be a coach, but I want to help these guys. I want to be a mentor, I want to be a leader of the team, even though I’m not the face of the team. I’d love to still be a leader. And these guys can rely on me, good and bad.”  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

I like having Vince on the roster.  No matter what he says, his primary value is as a mentor.  When JC is back, LP won't even think about giving Vince serious minutes at PF which is how it should be.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You think the Lakers will trade Rondo for Vince?

No... but maybe some draft picks (2nd) or  if they were to part with Rondo.. they'd want a draft pick from us (first)