• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins - PnR

JayBirdHawk

Love the slip screen from JC. Love the anticipation and understanding that his man will commit to that screen set and fall for it as he rolls right down under the hoop.

Man, Collins is gonna angrily beast on folks this year. Good lookin out Bird!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

What I took from it is, defensively as a 4, he is more likely to get switched on to the perimeter or at least have to contest the 3 point shot which he really struggles at right now. He lacks awareness out there and is not as instinctive guarding guys in space

On the other hand at the 5 defensively, he is way more instinctive in the paint and challenging at the rim. He can hold up against both 5 and 4's with his only flaw being his propensity to foul bigger guys.

So he isnt a perfect fit defensively at either position, but as far as natural instinct and ability he is way more at home defensively in the paint. Once he get stronger and smarter and cuts down his fouls, he may project long term as a 5 which makes him a lethal weapon as a center.

For him to reach that same elite level at the 4 offensively he will need to keep improving from 3 and on dribble drives, and defensively learn how to guard out along the 3 point line, and read the plays out in space better otherwise he will be a liability. 

In a nutshell the biggest learning curve will be as a modern 4, while physically he has a tougher go at center.

Everyone, please dap this post. Best in the thread

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

JC at 5 makes Trae-Huert-Cam-Hunt-JC possible 🤗🤗🤤

That’s the lineup I run in 2k since the draft 😂 I can’t roll with D Jones...sorry no Len either lol

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Everyone, please dap this post. Best in the thread

This post or thread? I gottem both F it!

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Steve Jones is killing it. Just reading the entire thread. Good stuff

Everyone should click on the link and read the entire thread.  Good stuff indeed.

• Like 2

I think that lineup would be weak , we would lack size at PF and C, I think is better keeping Collins at PF to have chances to win a ring. 

That lineup would be similar to that Suns with Nash and Stoudemire at C, they did not win anything despite having Marion. Size and defense matters specially in playoffs

Collins will have to get better defensively. Regardless of if he is at the 4 or 5. 

Bruno development will be key to me. Without Dedmon, we lack a mentor at that position but VC could work with him as well while he splits time from College Park to Atlanta 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I think that lineup would be weak , we would lack size at PF and C, I think is better keeping Collins at PF to have chances to win a ring. 

That lineup would be similar to that Suns with Nash and Stoudemire at C, they did not win anything despite having Marion. Size and defense matters specially in playoffs

I’m not arguing that your point about the Suns is wrong, but about the size thing;

We literally just watched Golden State go to 5 straight finals on the backs of the Death Lineup and the Hamptons 5 lineup. 

Both lineups  without a true center. Both lineups with Draymond as the “big man” when he is only 6’6 in reality.

yes KD is a 7 footer but he plays like a guard and isnt banging in the post.

Point is, in today’s NBA you don’t need 2 true big men to be successful. You need skillsets more than anything. Your 4 man today has to be comfortable out on the perimeter on both sides of the ball or your defense will get switched to death. 

I don’t think the small lineup will work for us next year because too many of the guys are still green and filling out their bodies. But once JC gets a little more stronger and Cam/Huerter add more weight and strength then I think that lineup could be absolutely powerful one day

• Thanks 2

If only his arms were a little longer. There are so many times where he plays his post defense perfectly, but the other guy is able to get the ball over his fingertips. But he definitely is much more comfortable defending down there.

Edited by High5
  • Like 4

On 8/7/2019 at 7:21 PM, High5 said:

If only his arms were a little longer. There are so many times where he plays his post defense perfectly, but the other guy is able to get the ball over his fingertips. But he definitely is much more comfortable defending down there.

Agreed! I don’t know how John can overcome his defensive flaws at 4 or 5! 

Not sure what coach LP is going to try to emphasize that he gets better at but ya know what....if I was LP I’d train Collins to get better on the perimeter!

personally I like the idea of cam and hunter on the defense perimeter with those long arms around trae. And I like Bruno’s size for 5 both offensively and defensively.

i think long term if Collins happens to not really get that good defensively we may be able to counter it with the upside & length of cam, hunter, and Bruno ...long term anyways

• Like 1