KEEPING ALL OF US REAL !!

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, AHF said:

Development phase for a team is:

1 - Lots of minutes to your young players,

2 - Trading players and using cap space to acquire additional picks,

3 - Losing so you get good young players with your own picks,

4 - Maintaining future cap flexibility so you can spend big when you are ready to transition from development phase to competing phase.

So many teams have tried this...So many have continued to lose because you just can't continue to mix bums with good players.  Just look at Phoenix

• Like 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So many teams have tried this...So many have continued to lose because you just can't continue to mix bums with good players.  Just look at Phoenix

We are already better than Phoenix.  No formula is perfect but we are doing a more competitive version of the Sixers rebuild.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

We are already better than Phoenix.  No formula is perfect but we are doing a more competitive version of the Sixers rebuild.  

How many players on the sixers were actually drafted during the tank? 2 or 3.  They abandon that approach long ago and started spending in free agency to win.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

How many players on the sixers were actually drafted during the tank? 2 or 3.  They abandon that approach long ago and started spending in free agency to win.

No plan is perfect.  If there was such a plan, everyone would follow it exactly.  Hawks GM has his own plan.  It's a combination of other team's plans.  If the Sixers have 2 or 3 draft picks left on their current team, their plan is not a total failure.

Hawks GM is drafting with his idea of a successful team.  Seems to me that, so far, he has been pretty good with his picks.  No one can expect to be correct 100% of the time.  Who will still be here?  How many will be gone when we step out a contender for the crown?  I believe the Hawks will have more than 2 or 3.

I don't want to be patient.  I want to win now.  I'm too old to wait for many, many years.  However, our GM's plan seems to call for patience.  Just maybe, if we're lucky, we slip into the playoffs this season.  Then, the next season we drive into the playoffs.  Finally, with another year's experience, we go for the gold.

That's a three year plan.  Meanwhile, we hang on and enjoy the ride.  Elated with every victory and down and sad with every loss.  As time rolls on, the losses become less and less.  The Hawks improve until they are the top dog in the NBA !!

:yahoo:

• Like 2

I think this lineup, though thin , is real.

Trae/Evans/Adams/Goodwin

Huerter/Crabbe/Bembry

Hunter/Cam/Brown

Collins/Parker/Parson

Len/Fernando/Jones

I am sorry, but I cannot look at that lineup and not see improvement over last season. Come January, we will be the talk of the league once again. But this time, it will not be just about Trae. It will be about the team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think this lineup, though thin , is real.

Trae/Evans/Adams/Goodwin

Huerter/Crabbe/Bembry

Hunter/Cam/Brown

Collins/Parker/Parson

Len/Fernando/Jones

I am sorry, but I cannot look at that lineup and not see improvement over last season. Come January, we will be the talk of the league once again. But this time, it will not be just about Trae. It will be about the team.

Improved everywhere but center

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Improved everywhere but center

Center:  Yet to be determined how good or how bad they are.  A returning center who started part of the year here.  A center that started part of the year for Golden State.  A drafted center, second round, thought by many to be a first round pick.  And, a part time center from last year who may be asked to play there again in a small lineup.

Dedmon is gone.  He was good here.  He will be missed.  If, as you say, Hawks improved everywhere but center, I'll be happy with the center prospects we have on this roster. 

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I feel like I’m trying to be convinced that the Hawks lost Shaq in free agency and replaced him with Ron Seikaly.

We will be downgraded for sure at center.  Len is on both teams so largely the downgrade from Dedmon / Spellman to Fernando / Jones.

Overall, we’ll be better if we don’t get wrecked by injuries.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

I'll be happy with the center prospects we have on this roster. 

For me, center remains the one are we don’t have a clear candidate to be a plus starter over the next year.  It will be an area we need to address next offseason or by trade.  I’m happy we got Fernando but not counting on him for a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I feel like I’m trying to be convinced that the Hawks lost Shaq in free agency and replaced him with Ron Seikaly.

We should be upgrading not downgrading any position...Isn't that what the term build means?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

For me, center remains the one are we don’t have a clear candidate to be a plus starter over the next year.  It will be an area we need to address next offseason or by trade.  I’m happy we got Fernando but not counting on him for a while.

Now this is the practical AFH I know. :clap:Notice you didn't get any like for a reasonable assessment.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We should be upgrading not downgrading any position...Isn't that what the term build means?

You don't build a house by putting in the attic the same time as the foundation.... unless of course you prefer a pre-fab but those tend to show their poor quality over a short period of time despite the ease and quickness that they're put up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

You don't build a house by putting in the attic the same time as the foundation.... unless of course you prefer a pre-fab but those tend to show their poor quality over a short period of time despite the ease and quickness that they're put up.

Others on this site expected the team to sign a center this offseason also.

We must have something to look forward to next summer (A new center) and wonder if he comes VIA trade, free agency or the draft.  Or, gasp!, we discover that we can't improve on what we already have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Look, you can love or hate Lin all you want but we all know the center position is the next one ☝🏾 addressed. We have Trae at the point and he’s a fixture. Huerter at the 2, Cam at the 3, Collins at the 4 and Hunter everywhere (sf/pf). 

Long or short game, center is the next focus for us... on paper at least 📝.

• Like 1