• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KEEPING ALL OF US REAL !!

Gray Mule

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, AHF said:

It isn't even a worst case scenario for me because I don't see Len as a foundational piece like I do Trae, Huerter, JC and (hopefully both but at least one of) Reddish and Hunter.  We could end up finishing with say the 10th worst record, grab the top pick in next year's draft with a lucky lottery pull and draft James Wiseman, waiving goodbye to Len.  You can come up with 10 other scenarios as well where I'm fine with letting Len walk.  We trade for Capela or Adams.  We sign Sabonis or Drummond.  Etc.   

Until he steps up his game big time, he is replaceable in my eyes.

Being replaceable also doesn't mean he might not have a long-term role with the team.  Role players can be both replaceable and important pieces to the puzzle.

If Len gets a Dedmon offer I guarantee you he is gone regardless of who we draft.  I just hope we don't go bargain shopping again for his replacement while spending top dollar for salary dumps and expiring contracts

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Len gets a Dedmon offer I guarantee you he is gone regardless of who we draft.  I just hope we don't go bargain shopping again for his replacement while spending top dollar for salary dumps and expiring contracts

I don't see why we would be willing to spend $20M each on Crabbe, Turner and Parsons but unwilling to spend $10M on a 27 year old Len -- assuming Schlenk concludes we are now ready to shift from foundation building to competitive mode.

I don't think the price tag is the issue with Dedmon so much as the timeline.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

We getting bent out of shape over WILLIE CAULEY-STEIN? Seriously? Dude's ass.

We've got the real deal in Trae on this team and we're worked up about Willie Cauley-Stein.

We've got the most hope for the future since AT LEAST the 60 win team (and that team's ceiling wasn't that high if we're being real) and we're pining for Steining?

Is WCS even better than Len?! Who is this mythical guy we were going to sign. There is not a single FA I wish we signed. If anything, I wish we hit up that Iguodala or Harkless trade to get another pick. 

If we make the playoffs, and I think that's on the upper end of our possibilities, it will be on the back of our VERY promising core. When the biggest thing you have to complain about is an Omari Spellman trade you're doing ok.

Yep..The Hawks are so much smarter than Golden State...stole Damien Jones from them and suckered them into signing WCS...we are so smart!

4 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

We've got the real deal in Trae on this team and we're worked up about Willie Cauley-Stein.

We've got the most hope for the future since AT LEAST the 60 win team (and that team's ceiling wasn't that high if we're being real) and we're pining for Steining?

Is WCS even better than Len?! Who is this mythical guy we were going to sign. There is not a single FA I wish we signed. If anything, I wish we hit up that Iguodala or Harkless trade to get another pick. 

If we make the playoffs, and I think that's on the upper end of our possibilities, it will be on the back of our VERY promising core. When the biggest thing you have to complain about is an Omari Spellman trade you're doing ok.

There is no “I” in “we” 😉

5 hours ago, AHF said:

It isn't even a worst case scenario for me because I don't see Len as a foundational piece like I do Trae, Huerter, JC and (hopefully both but at least one of) Reddish and Hunter.  We could end up finishing with say the 10th worst record, grab the top pick in next year's draft with a lucky lottery pull and draft James Wiseman, waiving goodbye to Len.  You can come up with 10 other scenarios as well where I'm fine with letting Len walk.  We trade for Capela or Adams.  We sign Sabonis or Drummond.  Etc.   

Until he steps up his game big time, he is replaceable in my eyes.

Being replaceable also doesn't mean he might not have a long-term role with the team.  Role players can be both replaceable and important pieces to the puzzle.

I was referring to letting Len walk for nothing and not replacing him with anything, like Peo was hypothesizing. 

16 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Draymond and WCS were seen fighting over a bag of M&M’s ...

They will fight this season. Should be fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1