Slappy White

Spud2nique

Royce White, 2012 1st round pick of the Rockets. Some may remember he had an anxiety disorder where he couldn’t fly. Unfortunate situation.

He’s off about a lot of things in the article protecting Melo. Don’t agree with him at all. I side with Dudley here. Here is the article:

We know that there's no way that the Lakers would go out and sign Jared Dudley and not sign Carmelo Anthony," said White, the No. 1 pick in this year's BIG3 draft. "And another question is, when a guy like LeBron is walking around out here like he's the face and voice of the players, how is he letting his banana boat brother hang out there in the wings and then go sign Jared Dudley and not Carmelo?

"If anybody watching this thinks that Jared Dudley can hold Carmelo's jock strap, I'll slap you."

In a tweet that has since been deleted, Dudley defended himself against White's comments.

"This isn't Melo vs. myself, That man is a 1st ballot HOFer," Dudley said in the since-deleted post. "We all want to see him back in the league. Royce seems uniformed when he speaks and this situation in calling my name out. This league is not about who's better then who it's what's players make for the best Team."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27431996/blackballed-melo-left-hanging-lebron

• Like 2

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why Dad-Bod-ly delete his tweet?  It was a spot-on assessment while also supporting sMelo's comeback efforts.

Why would anyone listen to anything Slappy White has to say?  In the grand scheme of things, who is he?

I feel the same way about Gilbert Arenas.  Desperate to get attention so is just saying stuff all the time.  "Please lookit me!  Please!  Somebody put me on BSPN, please!!"

I think Dud is Retirement Bod :laugh1:

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why Dad-Bod-ly delete his tweet?  It was a spot-on assessment while also supporting sMelo's comeback efforts.

Why would anyone listen to anything Slappy White has to say?  In the grand scheme of things, who is he?

I feel the same way about Gilbert Arenas.  Desperate to get attention so is just saying stuff all the time.  "Please lookit me!  Please!  Somebody put me on BSPN, please!!"

Agreed. A lot of x ballers seem to mis the limelight or spotlight but Royce never even had one..well he did briefly for non basketball issues.

In the interview he says, “guys like us, playing in the biggest stage of basketball.” Is he referring to Big 3? Because the NBA is the biggest stage and he didn’t make it so...

Dont get me started on..I bring all my guns to work 💪🏾 GIL BAT ARENAS! 😆 That guy was a strange cat from day 1 imo.

Ps I used to dislike Dudley but gimme 12 Dudley’s over Melo’s anyday.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Dud is Retirement Bod :laugh1:

Dudley and Doncic were seen it the weight room ...

said nobody ever.

Hey Jared, let’s see ur guns 💪🏾?..

Again, those words may have never been uttered.

@JayBirdHawk I think Chandler from Friends 👫 is stronger than Dud.

But damnit the guy has a high BBIQ!!! 😆 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Dudley and Doncic were seen it the weight room ...

said nobody ever.

Hey Jared, let’s see ur guns 💪🏾?..

Again, those words may have never been uttered.

@JayBirdHawk I think Chandler from Friends 👫 is stronger than Dud.

But damnit the guy has a high BBIQ!!! 😆 

Haha.  "Said nobody ever"?  Haha

Well, to be fair, there was that Loofa pic with him carrying that ridiculous contraption across his front yard.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Royce White, 2012 1st round pick of the Rockets. Some may remember he had an anxiety disorder where he couldn’t fly. Unfortunate situation.

He’s off about a lot of things in the article protecting Melo. Don’t agree with him at all. I side with Dudley here. Here is the article:

We know that there's no way that the Lakers would go out and sign Jared Dudley and not sign Carmelo Anthony," said White, the No. 1 pick in this year's BIG3 draft. "And another question is, when a guy like LeBron is walking around out here like he's the face and voice of the players, how is he letting his banana boat brother hang out there in the wings and then go sign Jared Dudley and not Carmelo?

"If anybody watching this thinks that Jared Dudley can hold Carmelo's jock strap, I'll slap you."

In a tweet that has since been deleted, Dudley defended himself against White's comments.

"This isn't Melo vs. myself, That man is a 1st ballot HOFer," Dudley said in the since-deleted post. "We all want to see him back in the league. Royce seems uniformed when he speaks and this situation in calling my name out. This league is not about who's better then who it's what's players make for the best Team."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27431996/blackballed-melo-left-hanging-lebron

Always thought winning is what counted and holding a trophy counted the most. Coaches aren't that thrilled to have Melo in their locker room. Royce should read a little NBA history. When Melo won pretty well it was with Billups on the floor with him. Don't remember much else there. Royce is a poor source for accurate NBA info.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Haha.  "Said nobody ever"?  Haha

Well, to be fair, there was that Loofa pic with him carrying that ridiculous contraption across his front yard.

No no, I think you’re mistaking a Benetton commercial flashback you’re having from the 80’s. 

Seriously, Doncic has no chance at that Aniston hooha with that get up.

22 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Always thought winning is what counted and holding a trophy counted the most. Coaches aren't that thrilled to have Melo in their locker room. Royce should read a little NBA history. When Melo won pretty well it was with Billups on the floor with him. Don't remember much else there. Royce is a poor source for accurate NBA info.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one. I mean, I feel for the kid and his disorder but don’t say things out of spite. I mean I have forgotten the details but it seemed like the Rockets did all they could to make travel arrangements for Royce but ultimately the NBA schedule is so hectic it wouldn’t allow it.

Also, Melo might be the most overrated “star” (I can’t say superstar sorry) ever. Dwight Howard and Melo make me want to focus in hard on the Braves!