• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter's Second Year Expectations?

enrique

• Moderators

I honestly don't know what to make of Huerter and after Cam and Deandre was drafted, I forgot he was even on the team for a minute.  All I expect from Huerter is for him to get his on offense and keep improving defensively.  Between Huerter and Trae, Huerter is least likely to have a slump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Off the bench if that happens he will be a better defending and passing Ricky Pierce. Am feeling whether he starts down the road or not we have a pure shooting weapon that as of yet is still developing that percentage. Has more than just one or two skills.  

• Like 4

I think Huerter will improve and be a key player as both a starter and a bench player this season.

with the nba changing there’s a need for two starting lineups...a Big lineup and a small lineup. It’s important for a team to be able to roll out either when needed. 

Therefore I predict Huerter to be the starter SG for our small ball lineup when JC goes to center and I predict he will be coming off the bench when the Fernando/Len is in the starting lineup.

• Like 1

I am less higher on him than others but still high on him. I think he will reach his analytics expectations. Of all of the young Hawks, his 19-20 projection is the only one I find to be accurate. I do think he is rated too low on 2k

To heard someone say he could double his production is clownish af to me. He played big mins and barely managed to go into double figures. I think they are in love with the idea of Kevin Huerter more than the actual player

I clearly don't think as highly of him as this board group via Peachtreehoops. It's like I am on different pages with them altogether. They are skyhigh on him and lukewarm on the team. I am skyhigh on the team and lukewarm on Kevin.

Edited by NBASupes

He is like 6th on my expected most improved list from last year via their analytical expectations 

1. Trae

2. Cam

3. Hunter

4. Len

5. Jabari

6. Kevin

That doesn't mean he won't improve. Just that I see him reaching his expectations. I see Jabari surpassing his as well as Len. Cam and Hunter expectations are super low so they should shatter it. Trae is hurt by his Nov and early December so I expected him to his shatter his as well. Kevin played a lot of mins. I don't see him due for a massive jump or even a big one. Just standard progression and maybe some on top of that

Truth is, he is #7. I forgot to add Collins who I expect a big jump from

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

KH has plenty of talent. He has to assert himself more. The Hawks are high on him so he will get an opportunity to prove himself.

Some of the guys on the panel they wouldn't be surprised if he doubled his scoring. What the f*** are the watching? Kevin Huerter is no where near that good. That's like 20 ppg. That's more than Trae averaged as a rookie.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

KH has plenty of talent. He has to assert himself more. The Hawks are high on him so he will get an opportunity to prove himself.

His reluctance to shoot early reminded me a bit of Steve Smith when we first got him. The staff was on Steve to take more shots and actually he became a clutch scorer for us. Believe in his mind Steve was a point guard playing at the sg position. Think Kevin is in a similar situation shooting wise. Looking for him handling the ball more and that helping with the stats increasing and improvement overall as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Some of the guys on the panel they wouldn't be surprised if he doubled his scoring. What the f*** are the watching? Kevin Huerter is no where near that good. That's like 20 ppg. That's more than Trae averaged as a rookie.

Averaging 20 ppg is actually pretty hard. You basically got to bring it every night to have those kind of numbers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Averaging 20 ppg is actually pretty hard. You basically got to bring it every night to have those kind of numbers.

“Nimbers” 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I watch Kevin Huerter’s dad in the stands just intently focused on his every move it tells me a couple things.

1. He seems to be a perfectionist and comes from a family of perfectionists. Great for bball.

2. He doesn’t have a ceiling and we shouldn’t expect to give him one.

Im not sure what his averages will be this season, all I know is that even as a young player on the Hawks, I felt comfortable as a fan when Kev controlled the rock last year. Granted I even have images of him coughing it over, I have a feeling he will tighten those loose screws of his game and be back for his sophomore season ready to rock n roll 👶!

GO HAWKS!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hazer said:

El-P was quoted as saying The Huert was the most skilled player on the roster.

He can be the most skilled from last year class and still not come close to those numbers. 20 ppg is exceptionally hard to do. 13 at 30mpg is a legit jump considering he was averaging 11.5 playing 31 mpg last year. That's an major efficiency bump

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, this is what I am expecting.

I expect that as well, not so much because Huerter isn't good enough but because the team has more talent. I expect something from Hunter, Cam and Jabari (who is a proven 20 ppg scorer in his own right). This team has tremendous depth and won't count on another 20ppg starter besides Trae and Collins.

• Like 4