• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Series: What went wrong with Shelden Williams

NBASupes

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Get a villa together! F*ck a room. Lovin and sexy side 👁 in?Meanwhile I’m sitting here trying to decide if I should even bother to comment that Ed Gray was who we thought he was! 😞 

Dude, there's no feeling like knowing .. for a stone-cold fact .. the second a guy is taken that he won't amount to anything in the league.  The prior regimes left me with that feeling on draft night sooooooooooo many times.  Glad it's a new day.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dude, there's no feeling like knowing .. for a stone-cold fact .. the second a guy is taken that he won't amount to anything in the league.  The prior regimes left me with that feeling on draft night sooooooooooo many times.  Glad it's a new day.

Indeed. I ripped up many draftcards on draft night. Gray...The aforementioned McLeod...Doug Edwards (this one hurt the most as I counted nightly throughout the season and did so much draft studying I was pissed). Adam Keefe... ugh 😑 

Yes, cheers 🥂 to a new day.

BTW In that Keefe draft, I want Harold baby 👶 Jordan Miner. 😔 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed. I ripped up many draftcards on draft night. Gray...The aforementioned McLeod...Doug Edwards (this one hurt the most as I counted nightly throughout the season and did so much draft studying I was pissed). Adam Keefe... ugh 😑 

Yes, cheers 🥂 to a new day.

BTW In that Keefe draft, I want Harold baby 👶 Jordan Miner. 😔 

I can always here Stern...Atlanta Hawks select Cal Bowdler.....sheeeeesh

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Adam Keefe... ugh

Seemed like a Dave Cowen wanna be at first and then he felt some real NBA contact and pretty much quit that stuff and shot the long ball and poorly from then on. Thanks for that memory....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Seemed like a Dave Cowen wanna be at first and then he felt some real NBA contact and pretty much quit that stuff and shot the long ball and poorly from then on. Thanks for that memory....

😆 my bad I just can’t get Keefe out of my head. I remember reading mocks in sports illustrated back then not the internet and most said we would get Keefe. I hated that draft. Mainly because it was one of the best drafts in history to have a top 2 pick. Shaq and Zo. And we of course didn’t have either. 

On the Cowens front, that’s a good comparison as far as what I’ve seen from Cowens on tape but Keefe to me seemed like a more burly guy and not as quick or versatile. Since we are on comparisons, I would feel a Tommy Heinsohn to Keefe seemed more likely at the time. But even if you were a Keefe fan, I don’t think you truly believed he would ever be a 20/10 guy or anything close in the league. He played hard, no question about it, but when he hit the NBA, he instantly became the small fish 🐟 in a huuuuuge pond. 

Its funny but my Hawks drafted 2 Bay Area ballers who were great in college but duds in the pros. Keefe n Gray. #stanfordcalthang

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Scratch that ur right Cowens was 6’9” and 230 actually identical to Keefe, where as Heinsohn was a 6’7” 218 pounder.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Scratch that ur right Cowens was 6’9” and 230 actually identical to Keefe, where as Heinsohn was a 6’7” 218 pounder.

The physical size of Heinsohn's head and of course his ego is what threw you off most likely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

The physical size of Heinsohn's head and of course his ego is what threw you off most likely.

Well I’ve only had the pleasure of hating him as a Celts broadcaster and never saw him as a player live. Perhaps the former is correct. He’s a big head! The ego thing is a mechanism for hiding the hurt most likely 😢 himself asleep 😴 every night on his huge pillow. By the way, it’s Sputnik although very ironically close to spudnik..spudnique.. 😉 

HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAD!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Well I’ve only had the pleasure of hating him as a Celts broadcaster and never saw him as a player live. Perhaps the former is correct. He’s a big head! The ego thing is a mechanism for hiding the hurt most likely 😢 himself asleep 😴 every night on his huge pillow. By the way, it’s Sputnik although very ironically close to spudnik..spudnique.. 😉 

HHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAD!

Was intent on intimadating refs in the fashion of Phil Jackson but with more theatrics. Bear in mind there were not so many games we could turn to back then because tv was what it was so it was just beyond irritating. He was a typical Celtic lifer, you know....a jerk to be polite and of course facts meant absolutely nothing in his world. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Was intent on intimadating refs in the fashion of Phil Jackson but with more theatrics. Bear in mind there were not so many games we could turn to back then because tv was what it was so it was just beyond irritating. He was a typical Celtic lifer, you know....a jerk to be polite and of course facts meant  absolutely nothing in his world. 

Yes the world 🌎 is run very subjectively in that guy’s mind. Yes, that Celtic 🍀 loyalty and pride that stinks 😷 beyond belief. I used to wonder if the Celtics drafted aholes or they became aholes after being in that organization for a while. I still don’t know. 🐣 chicken and egg 🥚 thing going on.

Heinsohn, Cowens, Bird.

I always felt like Havlicek was the least Celticish and a nice guy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I always felt like Havlicek was the least Celticish and a nice guy.

Guess you did not have to witness that damn bank shot he never ever missed against us. Anyway, the late sixties and early seventies forged my entire being into hating the Celtics because we always had to go thru them in the post season. It did not work out. Knicks did stop us a couple of times as well but it just wasn't the same thing to me as the guys in Green owning us.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Guess you did not have to witness that damn bank shot he never ever missed against us. Anyway, the late sixties and early seventies forged my entire being into hating the Celtics because we always had to go thru them in the post season. It did not work out. Knicks did stop us a couple of times as well but it just wasn't the same thing to me as the guys in Green owning us.

Geez. I picked it up mid 80’s and I thought I hated the Celts. 

• Like 1