• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons 2019

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Whelp, buckle up because it looks like we're in for another long season of Matt Ryan on his tail and the defense failing to stop anything. Predictable offense followed by Falcons faithful pushing Matty Ice out the door. The only positive from week 1 was the pass rush getting some pressure on the QB although the Vikings averaged 5 ypc on the ground. Coach Quinn's seat going to be getting hot if we start off 0-3. Some consider this ass whooping in week 1 a blessing, but I disagree. The problem seen vs. the Vikings are not easily fixed.

That interception in the endzone burnt me up.  Yes, the receiver gave up on the route, but why was Luke Stocker the receiver running that route and not Hooper or Julio?  And Matty didn't even have the arm strength to throw it out of the back of the endzone which is what I presume he was actually attempting to do. Poor effort all the way around the table.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Whelp, buckle up because it looks like we're in for another long season of Matt Ryan on his tail and the defense failing to stop anything. Predictable offense followed by Falcons faithful pushing Matty Ice out the door. The only positive from week 1 was the pass rush getting some pressure on the QB although the Vikings averaged 5 ypc on the ground. Coach Quinn's seat going to be getting hot if we start off 0-3. Some consider this ass whooping in week 1 a blessing, but I disagree. The problem seen vs. the Vikings are not easily fixed.

That interception in the endzone burnt me up.  Yes, the receiver gave up on the route, but why was Luke Stocker the receiver running that route and not Hooper or Julio?  And Matty didn't even have the arm strength to throw it out of the back of the endzone which is what I presume he was actually attempting to do. Poor effort all the way around the table.

Stocker got re-routed on a bump and gave up. Matt threw it at exactly the right spot it should be - backof end zone. It was actually a great leaping catch by the defensive player.

Ask the coach why Stocker was in the game, smh.

Julio spends too much time on the sidelines, just saying.

Ito Smith needs more touches.

Those bubble screens, sigh.....such poor execution, they never work for us.

Matty had more running yards than our RBs.

It'll be a long season, if they can't fox this stuff.

What kinda defense was DQ running?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Been a fan since the 70s, but with this owner, mgt, coaches and players I am done.   Im going to the Titans who are much closer to where I live.  I will always keep an eye on the Falcons but just cant take all the stuff they have going on anymore.  

• Moderators

This Falcons era will be remembered by a team loaded with talent and are contenders on paper, but could never get on the same page. The team gives us fans hope every year just to choke it away when it matters. Biggest waste of talent in Atlanta history and that's saying something considering the Hawks had Nique & never got to the ECF and the Braves were supposedly the team of the '90's, yet have one World Series to show for it.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stocker got re-routed on a bump and gave up. Matt threw it at exactly the right spot it should be - backof end zone. It was actually a great leaping catch by the defensive player.

Ask the coach why Stocker was in the game, smh.

Julio spends too much time on the sidelines, just saying.

Those bubble screens, sigh.....such poor execution, they never work for us.

Matty had more running yards than our RBs.

It'll be a long season, if they can't fox this stuff.

What kinda defense was DQ running?

Stocker was in the game because they wanted a big set to show the run and the fact that the 4th receiver on the field is typically the one to benefit from Julio/Ridley/Sanu tandum, but Hoop should have been the one in that position.

And I agree Ito needs more touches.  The entire game I was mumbling to myself that "we should have traded Freeman and kept Coleman".

Bubble screens is the reason I wanted Keotter gone the first time around and is his staple play.  They don't work, but expect to see the play all season.

Is DQ running a defense? Doesn't seem like it. 5 ypc from any opposing running game spells disaster. We did keep their receivers somewhat contained, but when you are given short fields by 2 interceptions, a fumble, and a blocked punt, you really don't need to rely on your wideouts.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ito seems a natural at picking up blitzes to me but then maybe anyone would look better at that than Freeman. Ito is a diversified talent for us running, catching and blocking. Am onboard very much. Thought Riley looked smooth and could have done a lot more if there was any time for our QB. Gage looks ready to break out if he can stay healthy, great hands. Understanding two O-line guys are rooks so am calming down from yesterday a bit but am dismayed by Matthews getting burned by the same high school driven move more than once. Matt paid the price and Matthews is a supposed Pro Bowl dude, right? We have a while before any SE games so time to straighten stuff out but so much has to improve don't we know. 

On 9/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

And I agree Ito needs more touches.  The entire game I was mumbling to myself that "we should have traded Freeman and kept Coleman".

Even if it was just a fifth round pick we receive for him I would have taken it, the damage has already been done to Freeman between injuries including concussions and him coughing it up and of course with that contract to boot. Remember his agent almost threatening the FO over his upcoming RFA status not so long ago. Liked Ito and Hill with the "third and one" guy Ollison going into camp. Trading Free won't be a realistic goal pretty soon. Personally think we have three running backs/fullback without Free on the roster. 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hey @Peoriabird...thoughts on Falcons opener?

I'm starting to feel real uneasy with DQ, I'm startimg to watch him with a side-eye.

The team looked unprepared, they certainly did NOT play with "Poise in the Noise".  DQ's latest Quinnism.

Quinn is starting to look like a fraud! The Falcons have had a top 10 run defense once in the 5 years he has been there. They looked worse when he took over the defense this year. We'll see what happens over the next few games but it doesn't look good for Quinn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Eh, jokes on all you for being Failcon fans.  NFL sucks bonkey dalls.  Stop watching!  Viva la revolucion!!

I will not give up on my Lions 🦁! In fact, it’s my 30 years anniversary of being a Lions fan. How bout a 👏

Its coming... a 🏆 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I will not give up on my Lions 🦁! In fact, it’s my 30 years anniversary of being a Lions fan. How bout a 👏

Its coming... a 🏆 

Thumbs down.  Prime time to let 'em go, bro.  What've they given you over them 3 decades, mayne?!

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Its coming... a 🏆 

All those yards by Stafford and ....a tie. Yet no one is surprised are they? Tough history for you guys.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Stafford

Truth: Overrated white quarterback who gets paid by the Ford family and it isn’t right. He isn’t even a top 10 QB yet he’s the highest paid player in the NFL????? @kg01 isn’t wrong about supporting the NFL and in particular a team like the stinking Lions!!!! I understand these things, yet I still blindly root for the league because I’ve done it since I was a kid. 🤷‍♀️ 

2 hours ago, Dnice said:

Spud are you a OK St Fan?  that's the time Barry was drafted.

No, in fact I never watched too much college football and don’t even now. I started watching football 🏈 around 84 or so when I was 8. We lived in Houston and I watched the Oilers with Moon 🌙 and Mathews n company but we moved later and I wouldn’t be a Niners fan because I don’t submit to forceable fanhood. 😆 

Almost became a fan of:

Steelers: Rod Woodson

Lions: Barry

Chargers: Jr.

Falcons: Deion

KC: D. Thomas

I should have just picked the Falcons and completed the sweep 🧹 of Hawks, Braves, Falcons! But I fell in love with Barry on the football 🏈 field the way I fell in love with Nique in the basketball 🏀 court. Must see tv 📺 for both back in the good ole days! 😉 

• Like 2