• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons 2019

PSSSHHHRRR87

3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Oh, that SB experience is still very fresh on my mind and I still shake my head at it. The city was f'ing robbed.

I agree with your statement on Ridley. People put way too much into 40 times and verticals. If you can't run a route, block a corner, or catch the ball, you aren't going to have a long career in the NFL. Intelligence is a factor that nobody considers at the combine.

Believe Jerry Rice has to be the greatest example of all time of this stuff. The best route runner I ever saw hands down but his forty yard dash times were that of a pretty fast linebacker. Once he got past the drops of his rookie year there was no looking back though and he is now the number one receiver in the history of the game. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 4:02 AM, MaceCase said:

I'll blame you though 😒, probably wanted a chance for the Lions next week.

You guys had a walk through practice? In football 🏈? I know ur banged up but what’s next sitting down to pee? Tofu fingers as appetizers? 

Lions 31

Philly 7

• Haha 1

Ugh....we made it a game late but.... Ryan's first quarter, a million penalties and to add insult to it all probably serious injuries or at least one with Keanu and we just didn't pull it off. Oh yeah, we lost and most of it we did to ourselves. Positives would have to be that we can absolutely score and especially through the air whether long or short. So will say we can get into the playoffs this season but we have got to stop trying to break league records with the number of penalties. Try again against the Titans next week. Please clean it up guys.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Ugh....we made it a game late but.... Ryan's first quarter, a million penalties and to add insult to it all probably serious injuries or at least one with Keanu and we just didn't pull it off. Oh yeah, we lost and most of it we did to ourselves. Positives would have to be that we can absolutely score and especially through the air whether long or short. So will say we can get into the playoffs this season but we have got to stop trying to break league records with the number of penalties. Try again against the Titans next week. Please clean it up guys.

16 Penalties? That's undisciplined football....that's on Coach.

Keanu - torn achilles - feel for him.

2 years - 2 games, 2 season ending injuries.

• Like 1

• Moderators

God, I feel awful for Keanu. He's been battling back from his first Achilles tear and he's been a factor this season. When I saw the injury, Sean Weatherspoon crossed my mind.

Oh, the curse strikes again!  I bought his jersey at the Jets preseason game and now he's done for the year.

Julio has a touchdown in every game this season... and Ryan has an interception.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Julio has a touchdown in every game this season... and Ryan has an interception.

If Ryan started off even average we win the game. Missed seeing a wide open Julio in the end zone and also threw a pick inside the ten. Not a good way to start a contest. Would have won even with the massive amount of penalties. End of the day a collective loss I suppose. Enjoyed the comeback try anyway. 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

16 Penalties? That's undisciplined football....that's on Coach.

Keanu - torn achilles - feel for him.

2 years - 2 games, 2 season ending injuries.

All ugly stuff there. Think DQ is showing once again he really is a defensive coordinator and not a game managing head coach. Hoping for quicker starts and fewer penalties the rest of the season, uh, we will see. 

Colts all time record VS our Atlanta Birds:  13-2.  Wow!  Some team has our number, wouldn't you say.  Loss of Keanu really hurts. 

Isn't it great that Falcon's head coach is now their defensive Guru!  Our pass defense, as usual, is so great!  Big holes, always open recievers.

:diablo:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dnice said:

All the help they brought in to hold Quinn's hand, Knapp, Mularkey, Koetter.  they still suck.

Quinn has proven he's not a head coach in this league.  I know he took a team to the SB but that team was really talented and through inept coaching they blew the game in historic fashion.  It's gone down hill.  consistently because there is no direction, no culture, no team.  How much longer do we have to watch this sorry excuse for football?   We know the answer.  To the end of this season and then DQ is gone and we start over having wasted prime years of some great players. 

• Like 4

Timeline didn’t work out but I could have seen a Frank Reich or a Bruce Arians being really successful with the Falcons. Both in weird situations right now. Both very crafty and smart. Reich would have worked well with Matt Ryan and the same with Bruce imho.

Dairy Queen May be getting hurt by us using their initials!

DQ apparently isn't as great as a defensive guru as he believes that he is.  Why is it that a QB can complete a dozen passes before missing and our own Matty Ice can complete a pass into the end zone, but to the opposition? 

Too many penalty give away yards and position added to the flusteration.  Falcons let this one get away from them before they attempted to come back.  Too late.

:ahf:

DQ may be in position now for that "win or else" time in this season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Some of the worse defensive performances by a 'defensive' coach.

Players can't stay disciplined to contain the run and can't tackle.

DQ squarely put his neck on the line taking over the defense which has been abysmal so far.

Is it too late to turn it around, No...it's only game 3...but I'm not hopeful. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

Koetter was not a bad guy this week. Between Matt missing a TD to Julio and also throwing a pick in the first half and a hold on our O-line we cost ourselves no less than thirteen points and possibly more right there before halftime. We would have been pushing forty points by the end of the game and the Colts would not be in the situation of just gaining first downs late to run the clock out.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Quinn has proven he's not a head coach in this league.  I know he took a team to the SB but that team was really talented and through inept coaching they blew the game in historic fashion.  It's gone down hill.  consistently because there is no direction, no culture, no team.  How much longer do we have to watch this sorry excuse for football?   We know the answer.  To the end of this season and then DQ is gone and we start over having wasted prime years of some great players. 

I credit that SB visit more to Shanahan over Quinn... and I hated seeing all the old guys being brought back. Too much nostalgia and the Mike Smith Era wasn't anything special either.  It didn't warrant getting the old band back together.  I feel like we are wasting Ryan and Julio because we cannot get great coaching. I hope we demote Quinn to DC permanently and then snag Mike McCarthy for HC.

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I credit that SB visit more to Shanahan over Quinn... and I hated seeing all the old guys being brought back. Too much nostalgia and the Mike Smith Era wasn't anything special either.  It didn't warrant getting the old band back together.  I feel like we are wasting Ryan and Julio because we cannot get great coaching. I hope we demote Quinn to DC permanently and then snag Mike McCarthy for HC.

Why bother? His defenses haven't been inpressive at all here in Atl.