• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons 2019

PSSSHHHRRR87

Can I ask if Freeman is on the block? I realize Falcons are trying to clean house a bit with Sanu and Vic Beasley but they haven’t mentioned the big names like Julio and Freeman. 

I’ll just say this as a Lions fan. Forget Drake (just trades to Zona of all places) David Johnson, Melvin Gordon and Rashaad Penny. If you want a difference maker, make a bold move go get Freeman.

Yea I realize that may not even be the best move for the Lions but we don’t have a set rebuild going on so why not assemble and get Stafford some piece. 

Realiatically, the 🦁 wont do anything worthwhile most likely. 😞 

Oh, Devonta Freeman's been mentioned. You might want to check out how his last two seasons look as a whole. He might have a big name but he's not played like that on the field since 2017 and that combined with injuries has caused him to lose a lot of his value. I think he's toast, and I'm not alone.

I don't think he gets traded because of the above things and not because of him being a premium player, and honestly think the Falcons outright cut him next summer.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll just say this as a Lions fan. Forget Drake (just trades to Zona of all places) David Johnson, Melvin Gordon and Rashaad Penny. If you want a difference maker, make a bold move go get Freeman.

Might want to check out Sunday's game for and example. Runs hard but likes those red zone fumbles and he couldn't block anyone's Grandmother, like ever. SB memories included right? Doubt if we could get more than a fifth and seventh rounder combo at this point with his enormous contract on top of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Might want to check out Sunday's game for and example. Runs hard but likes those red zone fumbles and he couldn't block anyone's Grandmother, like ever. SB memories included right? Doubt if we could get more than a fifth and seventh rounder combo at this point with his enormous contract on top of it. 

So do you think it’s a Freeman issue or is it a change of scenery issue? I mean I just don’t understand how guys like Freeman and Beasley decline this rapidly in 2 years. I mean they aren’t old vet guys, even though that creeps up fast in the NFL. 

I guess I still visualize what Freeman is capable of doing vs what he actual has been doing.

► Running back Devonta Freeman

Yeah, there's a clear theme here, given Detroit's most obvious roster hole is at running back.

Freeman, one of the NFL's most-productive dual-threats a couple years back, has fallen on hard times the past two seasons. Injuries limited him to two games a year ago and he's only mustered 3.4 yards per carry this year for the struggling Falcons. 

Where Freeman continues to succeed is as a pass-catcher; he has 35 grabs through seven games. J.D. McKissic is currently Detroit's best receiver out of the backfield, but there's a significant drop-off at the position when he's not on the field. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So do you think it’s a Freeman issue or is it a change of scenery issue? I mean I just don’t understand how guys like Freeman and Beasley decline this rapidly in 2 years. I mean they aren’t old vet guys, even though that creeps up fast in the NFL. 

I guess I still visualize what Freeman is capable of doing vs what he actual has been doing.

► Running back Devonta Freeman

Yeah, there's a clear theme here, given Detroit's most obvious roster hole is at running back.

Freeman, one of the NFL's most-productive dual-threats a couple years back, has fallen on hard times the past two seasons. Injuries limited him to two games a year ago and he's only mustered 3.4 yards per carry this year for the struggling Falcons. 

Where Freeman continues to succeed is as a pass-catcher; he has 35 grabs through seven games. J.D. McKissic is currently Detroit's best receiver out of the backfield, but there's a significant drop-off at the position when he's not on the field. 

Concussions, nagging injuries, heavy contract and he could never block. Think about your billion dollar quarterback depending on Freeman to pick up a blitz. Makes Matt Ryan look a bit superhuman don't you think. First game of Matt's career with Freeman on the roster that he has missed. Amazing to me. Pray for Stafford if you guys trade for Freeman.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Concussions, nagging injuries, heavy contract and he could never block. Think about your billion dollar quarterback depending on Freeman to pick up a blitz. Makes Matt Ryan look a bit superhuman don't you think. First game of Matt's career with Freeman on the roster that he has missed. Amazing to me. Pray for Stafford if you guys trade for Freeman.

I hear you. At the same time I’m a lions fan who has never been through a rebuild..a successful rebuild. At this point I wanna go for it in the vet Star way but like you say, he doesn’t seem to be a star anymore and could leave Stafford hurting even more. I mean Stafford got sacked like 10 or 11 times last week so I’m not sure it can get worse..well it can always get worse I get so..

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I hear you. At the same time I’m a lions fan who has never been through a rebuild..a successful rebuild. At this point I wanna go for it in the vet Star way but like you say, he doesn’t seem to be a star anymore and could leave Stafford hurting even more. I mean Stafford got sacked like 10 or 11 times last week so I’m not sure it can get worse..well it can always get worse I get so..

Stafford getting hit that much is pretty scary no matter how big or tough he is, man alive... To your point about could it get worse, kinda depends on how you look at it, Shanahan  blew it in the SB by passing instead of a run and field goal pair of plays. Freeman missed two blitz blocks on the right side in the fourth quarter and one resulted in us losing a fumble. Our late game chances in the SB. So there are other aspects to a running back's play than just yards gained. Got a real problem with his red zone bumbling as well, sorta reminds me of Dorsett's early years, great game until he got the ball inside the five or ten, would end up the other team's ball too often. Dorsett did indeed grow out of that though.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

There's wording in his contract that allows him to be cut loose next summer without taking much of a hit, which is why I alluded to him being a post June 1 cut next year.

Beasley never really had it between the shoulders and it was only in the Freeney year of 2016 where he looked worthy of his pick, Freeman did but he's just been pretty beat up and you can say that the WCO helped him look better than he is too. I'm not sure he can take another concussion without there being consequences, so realistically if anything at all with him, he's just a receiving and outside the tackles only back now if he were to go to a better situation (which won't happen this year since he lost his value). He doesn't look good between the tackles anymore.

I've also said that RBs have a short shelf life in the NFL. A guy that's even bigger and more physical than him in Gurley is even already slowing down to an extent and he's just 25.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

Since I am pretty sure DQ will be gone at some point (Blank's vibe seems like the end of the season but who knows if it is sooner or not) and this season is now just in upheaval mode I would try to make that Freeman trade now to a team in need that is trying for those playoffs. Seems very possible/reasonable to me and we get something anyway. A bye week opens up lots of time for phone calls and even if its just one mid or later round pick it can surely be used next year for another defensive back pick. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/29/2019 at 10:07 AM, Thomas said:

:ahf:

• Sad 1

So as it turns out, Dimitroff just recently forgot how to pick up a phone I guess. Trade deadline is gone now and Freeman remains. Pretty sure it was our only shot to get something back for him you know. So if your Lions were interested then I guess Stafford is a tad safer for it not happening @Spud2nique though as you have been saying....maybe not by much.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

So as it turns out, Dimitroff just recently forgot how to pick up a phone I guess. Trade deadline is gone now and Freeman remains. Pretty sure it was our only shot to get something back for him you know. So if your Lions were interested then I guess Stafford is a tad safer for it not happening @Spud2nique though as you have been saying....maybe not by much.  

I don’t even know else we’re interested, I think was the one who wanted it. I dunno about the Lions and the NFL as a whole. No, I take that back it’s the Lions. Something about us, kinda haunted like the Hawks.

I just don’t get it. You trade Diggs whose one of your vet leaders and performers and a clubhouse fav of the players. Then you just sit there....I mean, are you gonna buy or sell now?  Lions 🦁 neither...

At that point, it’s either trade Slay too or take on some people and go the other way with it.

No moves 🤦‍♀️ 

I don’t believe these guys cam from the Pats, Dolphins 🐬 more like it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t believe these guys cam from the Pats, Dolphins 🐬 more like it.

Somehow if Belichick is not with them it is just not the same result. Its not just you guys in Detroit. Think about Josh McDaniels and his expertise taking over the Broncos core and the almost immediate collapse. Ugly stuff as in almost a player rebellion style. Nobody really questions McDaniels as that great football mind but pretty sure Belichick has a deal with you know who to circumvent his ex's gaining much success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Somehow if Belichick is not with them it is just not the same result.

Yup and Brady. 

Ive said this before but I’m not a Stafford fan. I know I’m supposed to like him but it’s hard. Dude stats are mad misleading. Can’t wait till this era is over.

• Like 1

Wow @Spud2nique your guys are almost as snakebit as our Falcons. That pick on Stafford is one in a thousand kinda athletic play in that situation. Jeepers guy that was pretty unreal. The Dawgs ran into a ridiculously great defensive play like that against South Carolina a few weeks ago. You guys were in it till the very end today. Tough yeah, but you guys are still narrowly in the hunt. Good luck man.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Wow @Spud2nique your guys are almost as snakebit as our Falcons. That pick on Stafford is one in a thousand kinda athletic play in that situation. Jeepers guy that was pretty unreal. The Dawgs ran into a ridiculously great defensive play like that against South Carolina a few weeks ago. You guys were in it till the very end today. Tough yeah, but you guys are still narrowly in the hunt. Good luck man.  

Ugh 😑 ya we are. That’s unreal. Only us..well I guess and you guys it seems. Maaaan. Now we have 8 games left, that tie with the Cards needed to be a win. We need to win 6/8 to have a shot. We dI seem to have an easy rest of the schedule with the Packers seemingly the toughest opponent to end the year. But when you’ve lost 4 of your last 5, you can’t look ahead but to the next week and trying to get a win. At the Bears next week. 

BTW The entire NFC North lost so that helped. 🐻 fans are prolly sadder than me. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/1/2019 at 8:11 AM, Thomas said:

In order to sell something, you have to have someone who values what you are selling and wants to buy... we have nothing of value on this team other than Ridley, Ryan, Hoop, and Julio and we aren't selling any of those guys. Beasley and Dez are rich man's busts at best and Freeman is done due to his injuries.  We should be starting Ito.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:22 PM, Thomas said:

Somehow if Belichick is not with them it is just not the same result. Its not just you guys in Detroit. Think about Josh McDaniels and his expertise taking over the Broncos core and the almost immediate collapse. Ugly stuff as in almost a player rebellion style. Nobody really questions McDaniels as that great football mind but pretty sure Belichick has a deal with you know who to circumvent his ex's gaining much success.

Because Belichek is the reason they win.  I bet Brady would have been out of the NFL decades ago if Belichek wasn't in NE. Hell, there was that one season Brady missed practically the entire year and they still went 11-5 and made the playoffs with Matt Cassell. What did Matt Cassell's career look like after NE?  A great head coach is crucial and undervalued by the fans.  New Orleans has it.  Seattle has it. Kansas City has it.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

In order to sell something, you have to have someone who values what you are selling and wants to buy... we have nothing of value on this team other than Ridley, Ryan, Hoop, and Julio and we aren't selling any of those guys. Beasley and Dez are rich man's busts at best and Freeman is done due to his injuries.  We should be starting Ito.

Because Belichek is the reason they win.  I bet Brady would have been out of the NFL decades ago if Belichek wasn't in NE. Hell, there was that one season Brady missed practically the entire year and they still went 11-5 and made the playoffs with Matt Cassell. What did Matt Cassell's career look like after NE?  A great head coach is crucial and undervalued by the fans.  New Orleans has it.  Seattle has it. Kansas City has it.

Atlanta not has it.   

I wish we'd cut DQ loose so someone can concentrate all their efforts on crushing the damn saints on thanksgiving.  I don't care if we have to run every trick play in the book.  Bring Steve Bartkowski, William Andrews, Jessie tuggle out of retirement.  I can't have who dat being chanted in atlanta bars and atlanta fans just standing around going 'good for you'.  Only Atlanta would put up with bars openly catering to other teams.   Especially the damn 'aints. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2