• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dawgs 2019

Thomas

So the depth chart has been worked on for three weeks and now we will see how our starters stand up to the Irish Prima Donnas. We like to run behind our sizable line and they don't like to stop the run against a sizable line. Hoping and expecting the best from us. Don't pull for Clemson hardly ever but the Brian Kelly line "I didn't think the game was that lopsided" is just so great and consistent with the Irish. Wonder if he remembers the Bama game at all. Consistently overrated and in severe denial. Low RPI year in and out doesn't work against Bama and Clemson and am banking it won't work in Athens. Join a Conference and then earn the right to a ranking how bout it.

CBS Primetime Event at 8:00 PM tonight. Sounds much like a Big Foot Truck event on a Saturday night kind of commercial there. Athens just may be a bit crowded this evening. College GameDay crew is in Athens all day. Hoping our guys stay very focused amidst all the hoopla. 

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/16/espn-college-gameday-athens-georgia-notre-dame/

Really physical game. Low scoring but not ugly, just very, very physical. Will give the Irish a lot of credit they were in it till the end really. Wild ass crowd tonight for sure and I do believe they helped with the outcome of the evening. A big win. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone likes laundry then the Dawgs and Vols game last night would have been a gasm for you. Not sure I have seen that many flags thrown both ways in one game or not. The refs even had to pick several of them up they were so flag happy and yet they still missed some critical calls. Makes for a much, much longer and pretty irritating event. Refs should never be the main topic of a contest but they were in this one even with the announcers. Anyway Dawgs won but take solace Vols, you do indeed have a quarterback now in that Maurer kid. Bright future for him and am pretty surprised he didn't start the season after watching him in last nights game.  

• 4 weeks later...

So the Dawgs do better when they sit home and eat pizza I guess. Didn't play this weekend and moved up two spots to #8. There has got to be a one liner in there somewhere. Just the same, I'll take it and really did enjoy the Sooners not getting the  benefit of a doubt you would expect against KSU on Saturday. Fun game all the way to the very, very end. Bill Synder surely is proud right now and not just for having that Stadium named for him.

• Like 1

We definitely got the benefit of a doubt on one very, very big call early for sure. Been bitching bout the SEC refs forever but it went the Dawg's way today more than the other team's pretty sure. I will take it and take the two top ten wins we have so far. ND and UF. Still just a Rock 'Em Sock 'Em affair today which is what you expect every year between these two. Gotta compliment the incredible speed of both defenses, what looked open at the snap was not open one or two seconds later both on the ground and thru the air. Dawgs O-line greatly helped overcome that eventually for Fromm. Came down to the last seconds.  

Dawg-Gator.jpg

• Like 2

So #4 James Franklin and company lost a pretty huge game today don't you all think. Penn State goes down and the alumni are pissed with him once again, once again, once again. Good times, good times, good times... On a separate note, Bama and LSU look better than 90% of the Pro games these days. Pretty unreal stuff. True heavyweights. 

Dawgs defense continuing to show they are prime time and probably would fair better than the Falcon's defense against "The Brees" and company today. Georgia's offense though is just so up and down. Can't use the inexperienced receivers excuse at this time of the season but the vet Cager is a big question moving forward with his constant shoulder issue. By far our best receiver. The passing game is very, very mistake prone, just irritating stuff. Offensive line injuries hopefully are minor, three O-linemen went down and you know they are needed to battle Auburn. Wow. Anyway that will be a great game as always am sure.

Dawgs took down Auburn and yeah I get it our offense is up and down and the receivers are so mistake prone but to the ESPN jackoffs that think our D hasn't faced much. Auburn scored over fifty points on two different SEC foes and beat a top ten ranked Oregon the first game of the season, they scored 14 on us with penalties more in their favor this round. Our D is what is truly real for the Dawgs. Can't remotely say that about the offense though there are good weapons around. To me Fromm has regressed since last year in that he doesn't see secondary receivers clearing like he has before, very irritating. Few slant patterns called so far by the OC as well and he needs some of those to help move the chains. Dawgs are alive because of the defense but they always interview the QB you know. Will take the win just the same, not so easy to pull off at Auburn' place.    

• 2 weeks later...

Uh....a really bad time for me to mention it no doubt  @kg01 but I thoroughly enjoyed the GT game against UGA today. If nothing else your coach does pushups after a great play and I think Kirby is way more into deep fried snickers bars than that. So there is that major difference. Anyway, state rivalry stuff is always great no matter who takes it, sorta being serious there.  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Uh....so LSU is so much better than us no matter any issues with injury or anything else....just WOW. We had it served to us in such majestic form. Coaching and on the field. So go LSU for the title. Hard for me right now thinking about how many teams are really better than us in a full game at this point? A good bit more than four absolutely no doubt so am grabbing that extra glass you know. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the Dawgs end up 12-2 and beat the Baylor team that went toe to toe with the Sooners twice this year, OT in their conference championship game. Not perfect by us of course but a very good year that relied so heavily on the defense. Up and down offense all year but we saw what Pickens hopefully will be doing for us next season. Eating d-backs and linebackers up. Certainly a huge part of our O scheme next year am sure. Anyway a pretty fun game that once again shows how really important defense is in big games.

• Like 1

Well, Jake Fromm is headed to the NFL. Wish him luck but after this up and down season was constantly saved by the defense am thinking he is quality backup material. Hope I am wrong because he really is a class act. Wish him luck wherever he goes. Ends up as a Dawg that this last season for him is 12-2, winning the Sugar Bowl and the team ends up ranked in the top four or five. High note right there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28447520/georgia-quarterback-jake-fromm-entering-nfl-draft

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Well, Jake Fromm is headed to the NFL. Wish him luck but after this up and down season was constantly saved by the defense am thinking he is quality backup material. Hope I am wrong because he really is a class act. Wish him luck wherever he goes. Ends up as a Dawg that this last season for him is 12-2, winning the Sugar Bowl and the team ends up ranked in the top four or five. High note right there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28447520/georgia-quarterback-jake-fromm-entering-nfl-draft

I don't know a ton about college football / nfl draft stuff.  Is there someone coming up for uga behind fromm?  Seems like another year might have done him good because as you said he was pretty shaky this year.  It's hard to imagine him being successful right now in the nfl.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know a ton about college football / nfl draft stuff.  Is there someone coming up for uga behind fromm?  Seems like another year might have done him good because as you said he was pretty shaky this year.  It's hard to imagine him being successful right now in the nfl.

I agree, really see Fromm as a read and execute type of backup moving forward. Never really learned to put enough air under deep passes but was really good at the back shoulder stuff. Maybe he gets coached up enough. Bennett and Priestley are the only guys that saw the field behind Fromm am pretty sure. Bennett ran the scout team and played the Baker Mayfield role to prepare for the playoffs a couple of years ago so he did help us win a playoff game by those means. He was a gunslinger type in JUCO and on two G-game days. Like a very poor man's Rex Grossman but with better feet. My take is he is too short (5'11") for our pocket offense against the giant upper tier lines of scrimmage in the SEC. Like him though because he can buy time. Just don't think that it is enough and am hoping I am wrong there. Priestly is supposed to be a dual threat cat but only saw maybe ten snaps or so of him. At least he is tall. Have no info on the situation with Mathis, pretty concerning as the article mentioned brain surgery. The article also said we are looking at transfers now. It is looking pretty shabby at QB right now to me. We will see.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think he will be drafted as high as he thinks. Another year where he had success might have guaranteed him a first round selection.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2020 at 6:08 PM, turnermx said:

I don't think he will be drafted as high as he thinks. Another year where he had success might have guaranteed him a first round selection.

As a freshman he supplanted Jacob Eason. Eason could not grab the job back after recovering from an ankle injury. Ironically now everyone knows Eason will be drafted before Fromm. Pretty sure most folks would agree Fromm really needed to stay. Work on that deep pass especially with Pickens helping out on the other end, was hoping to see much more of that combo.

• Thanks 1

This is an article on possible transfer QB targets for the Dawgs. Those targets are gonna be quite the topic now since Fromm declared for the NFL yesterday. No matter what happens next years offensive starters will be very different. Zamir White will be great at RB, hits the hole in a flash of an eye. Pickens as the main receiver may end up All American with at least a decent QB throwing his way. Three starters are gone from the O-line though and the top two tight ends are gone as well. But of course the QB position is the biggest mystery at the moment. Such drama.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-quarterback-transfer-portal

Want to add that a four start QB is coming in from high school, Carson Beck. Tall kid with an arm but am thinking with all the transfer attention going on he probably is not expected to get a lot of snaps as a Freshman.

• Thanks 1

Hey if you like soap operas a starting O-line guy, Cade Mays stated he is transferring to the Vols and later the same damn day his Dad implemented a suit against the Dawgs for Pinkygate. An accident that happened during recruiting in 2017 on campus. 3.5 million bucks announced in the suit and the transfer lawyer for Cade said the two situations have nothing to do with each other, right....Cade's Dad played for the Vols and Cade's younger brother is there already. So four starters gone from the Dawgs O-line now, we will see how good that depth stuff really was this past year this upcoming spring I believe.

So we just landed the graduate transfer Jamie Newman from Wake Forest for the Dawgs QB competition. Here are his stats from last year. Believe this puts us in better shape than we were in yesterday anyway.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4037213/jamie-newman

• Like 1