• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeAndre Hunter only worked out for Hawks pre-draft, here's why

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The projection based on his volume, college threes and fts does

You sound like you think that this site is accurate enough to use these numbers to make a credible argument. I might have to disagree.... I just looked up a few past predictions that look to be way off so far.

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They are predicting Huerter to be a 36% shooter from 3 and Collins to be a 32% shooter from 3

Obviously based on college data, yes. I actually think Kevin's data is pretty good. 5.7 3pg is not high volume whatsoever. His NBA rate is higher but he's playing in a high pace system with Trae Young. Just as much as he is a great fit for Trae, so is Trae for him. One of the best catch and shoot guys in this class as a prospect and that remains true in the NBA as well. We knew his shooting would translate. Quick release, consistent form, and he added more range to his 3pt shot than he showed in College Park. 

No one would nail Collins' future data. He wasn't shooting from range in college although the FT rate gives you hope. His improvement is a testament to why player development is critical. That said, he is not a shooter who we want taking threes that aren't wide open. 

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You sound like you think that this site is accurate enough to use these numbers to make a credible argument? I might have to disagree.... I just looked up a few past predictions that look to be way off so far.

It a lot more credible than you want to presume it is. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You just arguing to argue at this point. 

I don't understand what you mean...They predicted john Collins and Bembry to be the same type shooter.  Klay Thompson was suppose to be a 38-39% shooter...So far he is a 42% Shooter. Markelle Fultz was suppose to be this 34-35% shooter he is like at 26%.  The list goes on and on

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't understand what you mean...They predicted john Collins and Bembry to be the same type shooter.  Klay Thompson was suppose to be a 38-39% shooter...So far he is a 42% Shooter. Markelle Fultz was suppose to be this 34-35% shooter he is like at 26%.  The list goes on and on

What is hard to understand? Collins took no threes in college and didn't qualify, he barely shot outside of the paint at Wake. Bembry got the worst score they can give a wing. http://www.tankathon.com/players/deandre-bembry

Collins didn't even get a rating for it: http://www.tankathon.com/players/john-collins

As you see, it's not a + or -. He doesn't shoot them so come close so they didn't project. .003 of all Collins shots were three pointers at Wake. Like I said, arguing to argue is your only intend. You don't know what the hell you are even talking about.

Besides, we aren't even that far into DeAndre's career yet. This is going to be Year 4. He isn't close to the end of his career. 

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So some players don't tremendously improve in the NBA? Is that what you are asking. Most of the players I've review with years in the NBA have been close to their projections. Obviously, if you are going to find overachievers and underachievers, be my guest but on average, it's been damn accurate. Injuries tend to be the one thing that stands out when I reviewed the data. 

• Premium Member
On 9/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, NBASupes said:

So some players don't tremendously improve in the NBA? Is that what you are asking. Most of the players I've review with years in the NBA have been close to their projections. Obviously, if you are going to find overachievers and underachievers, be my guest but on average, it's been damn accurate. Injuries tend to be the one thing that stands out when I reviewed the data. 

Rowland and Siegel are really shitting on your boy.  Called him the worst player on the team!

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/locked-on-hawks/e/64081007?autoplay=true

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Rowland and Siegel are really shitting on your boy.  Called him the worst player on the team!

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/locked-on-hawks/e/64081007?autoplay=true

They can say what they want just like you can say what you want. Why should I give a f*** about what someone who hasn't watched 96% of the games I've watched on this player opinions are on this topic. That's like asking me, a calculus professor about calculus and them, algebra students who never advanced to even pre-calculus opinions like we on the same f***ing level. 

I know what the f*** I am talking about on this topic so stop asking me stupid shit from stupid mother*******s who don't know what the hell their talking about on this topic. I've watched every damn Duke game at least twice, some up to five times. I've watched I don't know how many hours of his EYBL games, Westtown games, Peach Jam, etc. I been watching Cam like a hawk.  A LOT more than any other Hawks combined in the last 4 years entering our team. I know his f***ing game, strengths, weaknesses, talent level, limitations, improvement areas, key focus areas, his best areas, etc. Stop asking me stupid shit. All you doing is pissing me off and you know I got a bad temper. Just leave me alone about this. Please don't ever post another shit to antagonize me again. I am asking you that as nicely as possible. I haven't done that to you, I don't know why you would do that to me unless we have a problem? 

You need to check yourself PB. You could just post this in the general summer thread put to post it here is going to do nothing but get you on my bad side. 

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They can say what they want just like you can say what you want. Why should I give a f*** about what someone who hasn't watched 96% of the games I've watched on this player opinions are on this topic. That's like asking me, a calculus professor about calculus and them, algebra students who never advanced to even pre-calculus opinions like we on the same f***ing level. 

I know what the f*** I am talking about on this topic so stop asking me stupid shit from stupid mother*******s who don't know what the hell their talking about on this topic. I've watched every damn Duke game at least twice, some up to five times. I've watched I don't know how many hours of his EYBL games, Westtown games, Peach Jam, etc. I been watching Cam like a hawk.  A LOT more than any other Hawks combined in the last 4 years entering our team. I know his f***ing game, strengths, weaknesses, talent level, limitations, improvement areas, key focus areas, his best areas, etc. Stop asking me stupid shit. All you doing is pissing me off and you know I got a bad temper. Just leave me alone about this. Please don't ever post another shit to antagonize me again. I am asking you that as nicely as possible. I haven't done that to you, I don't know why you would do that to me unless we have a problem? 

You need to check yourself PB. You could just post this in the general summer thread put to post it here is going to do nothing but get you on my bad side. 

I would classify this as an over reaction!  I thought their analysis was ridiculous also! I wasn't trying to antagonize you.  I just found it odd that those 2 continue to poorly evaluate the team's players.  You should know by now that I despise Rowland and Siegel!  They are the worst basketball analysis on the planet.  During Collin's rookie season, they constantly question whether or John Collins was even a starter in this league.  Constantly trashed Trae Young while trying to convince Hawks fans that Bazemore was the best player on the team.  So no, we are in agreement on this issue!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I know what the f*** I am talking about on this topic so stop asking me stupid shit from stupid mother******s who don't know what the hell their talking about on this topic. I've watched every damn Duke game at least twice, some up to five times. I've watched I don't know how many hours of his EYBL games, Westtown games, Peach Jam, etc. I been watching Cam like a hawk.  A LOT more than any other Hawks combined in the last 4 years entering our team. I know his f***ing game, strengths, weaknesses, talent level, limitations, improvement areas, key focus areas, his best areas, etc. Stop asking me stupid shit. All you doing is pissing me off and you know I got a bad temper. Just leave me alone about this. Please don't ever post another shit to antagonize me again. I am asking you that as nicely as possible. I haven't done that to you, I don't know why you would do that to me unless we have a problem? 

Holy over reaction Batman!

Oh and @Peoriabird hates those dudes.

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I would classify this as an over reaction!  I thought their analysis was ridiculous also! I wasn't trying to antagonize you.  I just found it odd that those 2 continue to poorly evaluate the team's players.  You should know by now that I despise Rowland and Siegel!  They are the worst basketball analysis on the planet.  During Collin's rookie season, they constantly question whether or John Collins was even a starter in this league.  Constantly trashed Trae Young while trying to convince Hawks fans that Bazemore was the best player on the team.  So no, we are in agreement on this issue!

I didn't like that you posted it here where me and you were having a debate. It seemed to be disrespectful to me. Something I try hard not to do to others these days.

Those guys have their opinions but neither really watch college Basketball much. They get the bulk of their college Basketball notes from internet scouts and even the internet scouts won't say stupid shit like Bazemore is Atlanta's best player or Cam is Atlanta worst.

Facts are, they barely watch college ball to the degree needed for a strong hot take. Right or wrong.

If they want to talk about players, just talk about the Hawks you seen with a season or more in the NBA. You know that well enough to where you are very qualified to speak on it. Why would they speak on Hunter or Reddish? Guys like me been evaluating these prospects for years. Why speak on something you may only have bare knowledge of

I will say I questioned Collins too. Trae impact on his long term prospects changed what I projected to be his trajectory which is the opposite of what Horford did for Dennis when he bounced. 

As important as Collins is for Trae, Trae is twice as important for Collins. Collins flaws are really bad and their not easy to overlook either in the modern NBA. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't like that you posted it here where me and you were having a debate. It seemed to be disrespectful to me.

I'm speechless.  If it means anything to you...There was no intention on my part to be disrespectful to you.  Even in our discussions, I've never referred to you personally and neither did Rowland and Siegel so I'm not sure how anybody was disrespectful of you unless in your mind, criticism of Reddish is the same as criticizing you.:confused:

• Thanks 1

OK, so how bout this. Pretty strong quote and does emphasizes DeAndre's multiple skill set. A good thing, right?

He can switch 1-5 as well as anyone his size which fits right into today’s modern NBA game

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm speechless.  If it means anything to you...There was no intention on my part to be disrespectful to you.  Even in our discussions, I've never referred to you personally and neither did Rowland and Siegel so I'm not sure how anybody was disrespectful of you unless in your mind, criticism of Reddish is the same as criticizing you.:confused:

Must be a misunderstanding on my end. Thanks for clarifying. 

• Like 1