• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeAndre Hunter only worked out for Hawks pre-draft, here's why

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Au contraire, fruit absolutely belongs with cheese. Perhaps De'Andre should try a charcuterie board, which often have fruit in addition to fine cheeses and meats.

Seriously.  All kinds of disagreeing there.  Everyone should know cheese and fruit pair well even if they think Hawaiian pizza is an abomination.

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 11:08 PM, Diesel said:

Maybe that's why I'm not so hot on Hunter.   I watched some of those Slow paced games at UVA and said.. this is worst than Princeton.  He just seems like a technician but not a guy who can dominate a game.  I agree with Supes, he was a reach but I wonder if he wanted us for the Pace or the Money?

He was a reach? Really?

On 9/19/2019 at 11:08 PM, Diesel said:

he was a reach but I wonder if he wanted us for the Pace or the Money?

Think maybe he checked out Trae running our show and then sprinkle in those ally-oops to JC highlights. Then of course there is LP. Genuinely wanted to be a part of it all. I don't really have any doubts at all about that.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JTB said:

Let me ask a fair question ....not to put hunter on the Leonard list (I’d never do that unless hunter gives reason to)...but my question is....

Is it really a stretch to assume hunter can’t take the same path as Leonard ?

...again not saying he’s going to be as great as Leonard but hunter looks like he may coincidentally take a similar career path as far as how he will become a better player . ....am I reaching a bit?

I’m not assuming he’s guaranteed to stardom. But for example hunters defense is very very good to be a rookie on all phases of that side of the ball seem like and I don’t think it’s just because it’s preseason I believe dude just has that "it" factor defensively....kinda similar to Leonard when he was a rookie

and he just so happen to have a stellar built nba ready body for a wing man To go along with that defensive ability (and can even see him adding on more muscle pretty easily if he wanted)...ehhh kinda like that guy  Leonard during his rookie season 

but last he has very good offensive potential and instincts from what we’ve seen so far. Dude is very consistent with his jumper and he takes great shots. He doesn’t try to do too much, he just takes the shots given by the defense.....just like How that guy Leonard started out

i don’t know folks I think hunter has star potential just like trae and cam. It may take him longer to really pick it up on offense but the work ethic and IQ is already top notch to make it happen. 

we’ll see......

Tough to say, in our system, I'll think it's possible he could be a star. We have a lot of space. So why not? Once him and Cam get into the system and know what they need to do, I expect both to be excellent. To me, if he is Al Horford Jr., he is a star but i know what you mean by star. You mean top guy. All-Star starter. Key player on a championship team. 

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tough to say, in our system, I'll think it's possible he could be a star. We have a lot of space. So why not? Once him and Cam get into the system and know what they need to do, I expect both to be excellent. To me, if he is Al Horford Jr., he is a star but i know what you mean by star. You mean top guy. All-Star starter. Key player on a championship team. 

Right only time will tell...all we can do is hope for the best for all these young guys.

• Like 2