• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeAndre Hunter only worked out for Hawks pre-draft, here's why

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Right only time will tell...all we can do is hope for the best for all these young guys.

The reason most including me didn't think it was possible is because Hunter' nature is to take what the defense gives him but as with Klay. We underestimated his movement skills, stamina, and most importantly, his mindset. It helps us we play in space. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The reason most including me didn't think it was possible is because Hunter' nature is to take what the defense gives him but as with Klay. We underestimated his movement skills, stamina, and most importantly, his mindset. It helps us we play in space. 

Honestly I was among that crew as well. I didn’t really think hunter had much to work with offensively until very recently and now I’m just amazed cause the dude has some very good tools. 
now I do still believe trae and cams offensive ceiling is higher than hunters but real point is they can all be good Or even great offensively one day.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

BBIQ is so much higher than Prince's already!

That was never questioned. The questions around Hunter was readiness at SF day one. His scoring readiness and potential at the pro level and how would he be able to create his own offense. All of the questions have been answered so far. 

The perimeter defense questions remain but that's damn good at the end of the day. 

@NBASupes which draft do you like better 18 or 19. I know it’s too early to tell but based on projections and if you had to make up a team of 5 vs 5 guys who do you like and who would you take. 

Id go:

Trae/Luka/Bagley/JJJ/Ayton

vs

Morant/Cam/RJ/Hunter/Zion

Its almost a tie for me as far as which class though. Too close but if I absolutely had to I’d take the 2018 class but barely, and I can see myself being wrong in 5 years as well 😆.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@NBASupes which draft do you like better 18 or 19. I know it’s too early to tell but based on projections and if you had to make up a team of 5 vs 5 guys who do you like and who would you take. 

Id go:

Trae/Luka/Bagley/JJJ/Ayton

vs

Morant/Cam/RJ/Hunter/Zion

Its almost a tie for me as far as which class though. Too close but if I absolutely had to I’d take the 2018 class but barely, and I can see myself being wrong in 5 years as well 😆.

Tough to say. 2018 was the foundation 

2019 is the execution. We established a brand in 2018. 2019, we got two potentially elite two way wings with a center high end center role playing potential. You can't hit a grand slam without runners on base

As for the classes in general, 2019. Zion>>>

I could see both classes being legendary 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I wanted Hunter to but I am trying to temper my excitement. I don't want to blow up that other general board just yet but I want to comp Hunter to a young Paul George really bad. I am going to give Hunter maybe a month of games, but that is where I am leaning. He has been so solid this preseason.

I thought he was NBA ready; but this consistency has surprised me.

He has serious potential to be much more than many thought during the whole Draft process. Pierce and company have to raise this kid right to make sure the Hawks get everything they can out of him. I see him being a star in the future. He doesn't have that 'it' factor, but he looks like the type of player that develops into something much more than projected. I don't want to wear the Kawhi comparison out, but that's exactly who I think about when I see Hunter. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I wanted Hunter to but I am trying to temper my excitement. I don't want to blow up that other general board just yet but I want to comp Hunter to a young Paul George really bad. I am going to give Hunter maybe a month of games, but that is where I am leaning. He has been so solid this preseason.

I thought he was NBA ready; but this consistency has surprised me.

Young rookie PG looked worse than Cam unless you mean first three years of PG. 

For me, Al Horford but as a wing is who he reminds me of. He is special. He can be a superstar in his own way. For me, that's more than enough 

I still believe in my opinion that Al Horford is the greatest Atlanta Hawk of all time. Never really liked Nique as much as others. Horford is the most winningest Hawk of all time. Hopefully Hunter can surpass him.

Edited by NBASupes

43 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He has serious potential to be much more than many thought during the whole Draft process. Pierce and company have to raise this kid right to make sure the Hawks get everything they can out of him. I see him being a star in the future. He doesn't have that 'it' factor, but he looks like the type of player that develops into something much more than projected. I don't want to wear the Kawhi comparison out, but that's exactly who I think about when I see Hunter. 

It is the skill, length, quiet confidence and attitude. Neither Leonard nor George go around tooting their own horn. But they get it done and to me that is exactly how Hunter is personality wise. My big worry is if Schlenk and Pierce want to guarantee we miss the playoffs, best way to do that would be to hold him back to 20 minutes a game.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3