• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeAndre Hunter only worked out for Hawks pre-draft, here's why

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Zion is out for an extended period, due to injury!

Let’s not ignore or try and hide away from the fact that they are currently planting some nice stem cells inside Zion’s knee that should keep him pretty much unable to get injured for the next 10 years. They did it with Kobe..Pau..Embiid most likely and Zion as well. 

They invested in him and now they are gonna invest in his body like he’s the six million dollar man 👨 Gramps! Remember with Lee Majors and Farrah Fawcett? 😊 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 10/18/2019 at 5:05 PM, NBASupes said:

Young rookie PG looked worse than Cam unless you mean first three years of PG. 

For me, Al Horford but as a wing is who he reminds me of. He is special. He can be a superstar in his own way. For me, that's more than enough 

I still believe in my opinion that Al Horford is the greatest Atlanta Hawk of all time. Never really liked Nique as much as others. Horford is the most winningest Hawk of all time. Hopefully Hunter can surpass him.

I assume you are using a metric other than wins to determine this?

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 2:18 AM, Spud2nique said:

Let’s not ignore or try and hide away from the fact that they are currently planting some nice stem cells inside Zion’s knee that should keep him pretty much unable to get injured for the next 10 years. They did it with Kobe..Pau..Embiid most likely and Zion as well. 

They invested in him and now they are gonna invest in his body like he’s the six million dollar man 👨 Gramps! Remember with Lee Majors and Farrah Fawcett? 😊 

If only they could. 

11 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Thing that surprised me about me with Hunter is how patient and in control he is with the ball in his hands. He’s flashed the mid range pull up in college, but seeing how patient he is at times with the ball in his hands and to see him keeping his head up looking for a pass is VERY promising. He’s more than a 3D player and so far looks like a lock to be an All Star in the future in my eyes. He’s got a solid post game in his arsenal too. I think we’ve got our SF position covered.

This plus his size and strength surprised me.

Him skrong.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

The technology to makes one's knee invincible does not exist. If you want to make another avatar bet on this, by all means go ahead.

Do research. I’ll do another bet with you. You think a weenie like Tim Lincecum can last half a season naturally? Comon now. 🤦‍♀️ 

3 hours ago, High5 said:

If there was a way to make knees invincible without any horrific side effects then it would be encouraged if not required.

Nah.  What the pros do trickles down to the kids.  Kids don't need to be juicing.

If a pros body can't hold up, he just wasn't meant to play.  Sad but true.

The technology to makes one's knee invincible does not exist. If you want to make another avatar bet on this, by all means go ahead.

Another day and a half or so of your fav boy Luka. Get a good look at him because he won’t appear ever again. Unless of course I lose another bet and someone gives me Luka again. 🤦‍♀️ 😑 😩 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Nah.  What the pros do trickles down to the kids.  Kids don't need to be juicing.

If a pros body can't hold up, he just wasn't meant to play.  Sad but true.

Agreed. They won’t even pump the good stuff into you unless your a top 1% athlete and a pro at that. Zion will have a bionic body that will not be injured like Lebron for 8 years or more. 

But overall I agree kids should stay natural no matter the body type or fit for the sport.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Haha, every time I see your avatar I'm reminded not to gamble.  I probably would've quit the site if I had to use that avatar.

😂 I almost did. A couple people wouldn’t mind having me outta the way. 😂 @kg01 I need suggestions on the new one. Help a brotha out! 

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Do research. I’ll do another bet with you. You think a weenie like Tim Lincecum can last half a season naturally? Comon now. 🤦‍♀️ 

Yes I'll make a bet on your original statement. Which was that they have ways to keep your knees invulnerable from injury for 10 years. That's is unequivocally false, so yes I'll gladly accept that bet.

Yes I'll make a bet on your original statement. Which was that they have ways to keep your knees invulnerable from injury for 10 years. That's is unequivocally false, so yes I'll gladly accept that bet.

Take ur word semantic crap ...I’m good. 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

I think I figured it out. You like having this avatar hold on me. 😢 

• Moderators
On 10/20/2019 at 10:23 AM, NBASupes said:

Winning percentage 

To me being the 'most winningest' Hawk means winning the most games.  I could also perhaps see an argument like the guy who contributed the most win shares to the team.  He isn't close by either of these metrics.  When you step away and go to winning %, then you open the door to strange candidates and find out that Horford doesn't lead by that measure either.

It isn't that hard to find someone with a better pedigree than Horford at which point you are going to be scrambling to construct a new paradigm that explains why winning % is enough to put him above above the guys who won more games but not below the guys who won a higher % of games.

Horford W% = 58.8%

Mookie W% = 60.2%

Winner:  Mookie

But wait!  Craig Ehlo had a 60.5% winning percentage so he trumps Mookie and Horford.

But wait!  Doug Edwards had a nice 64.8% winning percentage so he is more winning than Mookie, Ehlo and Horford.  

Is Doug Edwards the winningest Hawk of all time?  Someone will have to continue the research beyond here because my interest has flagged too far to continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2