• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeAndre Hunter only worked out for Hawks pre-draft, here's why

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, AHF said:

To me being the 'most winningest' Hawk means winning the most games.  I could also perhaps see an argument like the guy who contributed the most win shares to the team.  He isn't close by either of these metrics.  When you step away and go to winning %, then you open the door to strange candidates and find out that Horford doesn't lead by that measure either.

It isn't that hard to find someone with a better pedigree than Horford at which point you are going to be scrambling to construct a new paradigm that explains why winning % is enough to put him above above the guys who won more games but not below the guys who won a higher % of games.

Horford W% = 58.8%

Mookie W% = 60.2%

Winner:  Mookie

But wait!  Craig Ehlo had a 60.5% winning percentage so he trumps Mookie and Horford.

But wait!  Doug Edwards had a nice 64.8% winning percentage so he is more winning than Mookie, Ehlo and Horford.  

Is Doug Edwards the winningest Hawk of all time?  Someone will have to continue the research beyond here because my interest has flagged too far to continue.

I was only comparing him to other Hawks legends who played a minimum of 8 seasons with the Hawks. Scrubs like Edwards who barely had a cup of tea didn't count.