• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let 2020 FA speculation begin! Jaylen Brown comes home???

sturt

23 hours ago, High5 said:

We have 3 wings on rookie deals that could all end up near or even above Brown's level. We'll see where we're at after the season, but at this point it doesn't make any sense to spend big money on him. 

Well said. Besides Brown will not be a pimple on the ass of Cam one or two years from now. That is a general quote from the Randy Whitman and Reggie Theus trade (not counting the other parts of the trade of course}. Some somewhat old and a bit odd lore there but I believe it is gonna be quite accurate this time around and very much in our favor.   

• Like 2

Hate to break the news for any Pascal lovers but he's not going anywhere looks like LOL

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255525/Masai-Ujiri-Raptors-Want-To-Keep-Pascal-Siakam-For-Long-Term

Funny how his name gets out of the dark just a bit in the rumor world and out of no where Ujiri shuts that shit down LMAO

Edited by JTB
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, MaceCase said:

To quote the great Michelle Obama, "when they go low... you take it to the flo' right with em" or STTE.  I might be paraphrasing but I'm pretty sure that's completely accurate.

I'm thisclose to reporting your posts.  You're crossing several lines right now.

And, if you dare to mention Garrett Temple or Collis Temple, I swear I'mma come find yer arse.

I'm all about the Batum for Parsons idea....

We don't need $70 mil in space this year because there's not 2 (is there really even 1?) max FA any, so that extra year doesn't matter and he could help us get into the playoffs as another versatile forward off the bench. 

Given Hornets are in rebuild mode, we should pursue a pick later down the line... say a top 10 protected 23 pick, top 5 in 24, unprotected in 25...

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 9/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, JTB said:

Hate to break the news for any Pascal lovers but he's not going anywhere looks like LOL

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255525/Masai-Ujiri-Raptors-Want-To-Keep-Pascal-Siakam-For-Long-Term

Funny how his name gets out of the dark just a bit in the rumor world and out of no where Ujiri shuts that shit down LMAO

No surprise.  When they lost Kawhi, he became their most important player on the roster for their future.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

So umm......who are we going to spend money on now?  Everyone is locked up

giphy.gif

Long-term we'll be spending on the guys we drafted but in the meantime guys like Kawhi, Butler, AD, etc. are all getting moved and cap space is good for those types of deals so I wouldn't put us out of the running.  It is unfortunate that the next FA class looks so weak.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HawkItus said:

So umm......who are we going to spend money on now?  Everyone is locked up

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Long-term we'll be spending on the guys we drafted but in the meantime guys like Kawhi, Butler, AD, etc. are all getting moved and cap space is good for those types of deals so I wouldn't put us out of the running.  It is unfortunate that the next FA class looks so weak.

I’d just sit on all that cap space for 2020-21 then go “apeshit all in” for Kawhi, Giannis, Gobert, or Davis in 2021-22. Davis may have already opted out and re-signed long term with Lakers by then, if he’s grown tired of the LaBrawna dictatorship maybe not. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

I’d just sit on all that cap space for 2020-21 then go “apeshit all in” for Kawhi, Giannis, Gobert, or Davis in 2021-22. Davis may have already opted out and re-signed long term with Lakers by then, if he’s grown tired of the LaBrawna dictatorship maybe not. 

Kawhi and Giannis I’m sold. Davis and Gobert not so much. Tell you the truth I’m more Gobert than Davis at this point. Davis needs to prove he’s durable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

This is the big thing in the rebuild.......will we get a max contract to come here? 

If Trae, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, and Collins progress like we think they can/will, and the Hawks slip into the playoffs or get close, it’s definitely within the realm of possibility a MAX player would seriously entertain our offers. It’s not just that exciting core’s potential that would be attractive: great stable ownership, state of the art arena and facilities, top tier training/medical staff, Schlenk and his GS pedigree, Pierce and his well-liked/respected rep among players coaches (Team USA), and the lure of Atlanta’s cost/weather/celebrity would contribute to attracting a MAX.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Kawhi and Giannis I’m sold. Davis and Gobert not so much. Tell you the truth I’m more Gobert than Davis at this point. Davis needs to prove he’s durable.

Kawhi being from L.A., he’s probably home for good. Gobert is my preference over Davis too. But the real prize I have my eye on is Da Grik Frik, karmatic justice for what Larry Drew did to us, that still stings 👏

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Kawhi being from L.A., he’s probably home for good. Gobert is my preference over Davis too. But the real prize I have my eye on is Da Grik Frik, karmatic justice for what Larry Drew did to us, that still stings 👏

Oh no doubt Giannis should be everyone’s prize I only did because I know ur big on Embiid and rightfully so. I mean I don’t see Embiid leapfrogging Giannis as far as my preference now or in 6 months but in 2 years a lot could be different as far as where they are in their respective careers and how much individual/teams success they had up to that point.

I won’t lie though imagine an Embiid whose in an Hakeem mode and actually has better numbers average wise overall in points rebounds and dimes but Hakeem still has him in the defensive ones in blocks and steals.

But seriously imagine a more mature Trae in 2 years who hasn’t entered his prime even then teaming up with a new age Hakeem who would be in his prime then and ready to dominate. Trae to Embiid is 🤒 

I think old school Hawks fans like us used to dream about top notch free agents without having done our homework and taken the necessary steps. This is the first time we haven’t skipped any steps and I agree with you Haze I don’t believe a superstar is out of the question in this new age and Hawks regime. These aren’t your dad’s Hawks..wait hold on I’m in my 40’s.. I digress 😆 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh no doubt Giannis should be everyone’s prize I only did because I know ur big on Embiid and rightfully so. I mean I don’t see Embiid leapfrogging Giannis as far as my preference now or in 6 months but in 2 years a lot could be different as far as where they are in their respective careers and how much individual/teams success they had up to that point.

I won’t lie though imagine an Embiid whose in an Hakeem mode and actually has better numbers average wise overall in points rebounds and dimes but Hakeem still has him in the defensive ones in blocks and steals.

But seriously imagine a more mature Trae in 2 years who hasn’t entered his prime even then teaming up with a new age Hakeem who would be in his prime then and ready to dominate. Trae to Embiid is 🤒 

I think old school Hawks fans like us used to dream about top notch free agents without having done our homework and taken the necessary steps. This is the first time we haven’t skipped any steps and I agree with you Haze I don’t believe a superstar is out of the question in this new age and Hawks regime. These aren’t your dad’s Hawks..wait hold on I’m in my 40’s.. I digress 😆 

Yep, Embiid is my preferred acquisition, but I left him off the list since he’d have to sour on the 6ers and get traded here. That would be the longest of shots, but one (me!) can hope 🤞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not to bring back an irrelevant thread at this point but if this is true I just wonder WTF the plan was had we actually signed Brown being that we recently  used a ton of draft capital on Hunter and Cam.......ALSO ......IF this is true regarding Sabonis it’s very interesting schlenk would be willing to pair Collins and sabonis for the future! If you ask me I don’t think sabonis is any better of a fit than Drummond.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256004/Hawks-Planned-To-Pursue-Jaylen-Brown-Domantas-Sabonis-In-Restricted-Free-Agency

Hey Mods....perhaps it’s too early but since this is a 2020 FA speculation thread i believe it should be pinned as we are going to hear about a crap load of rumors for the hawks regarding free agency throughout the season ....just a thought