• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019-20 Official Predictions Thread

AHF

• Moderators

This is the one for bragging rights and tracking.  It will be open for people to post and modify their predictions until tipoff on opening night.  If you want to participate in the competitive side, we'll ask people to give us a few predictions that can be used as tie breakers.  Note that conditional picks and ranges are not accepted.  So do not give us "they will win 45 games if Trae improves his defense and 32 games if he doesn't" or "the Hawks will win between 30 and 50 games."  Just give us the exact record.

Win - Loss Record

Tie breakers will work with us going down the line one to the next rather than looking at them cumulatively.  I.e., if two people predict the same record then the next tie breaker will be playoff prediction and then anyone tied in this category moves on to the next category, etc.

Tie Breaker Categories:

1 - Playoff Result (missed playoffs, first round exit, second round exit, conference finals, NBA finals, NBA champs)

2 - All-Stars (you get credit for # and for names so predicting 2 counts but you win if you pick Cam and Trae who make it while the other guy only gets one of those)

3 - All-Rookie (you get credit for # and for names so predicting 2 counts but you lose if you pick Cam and Hunter while the other girl correctly picks Cam and Bruno)

4 - Leading Scorer (total points, not PPG)

5 - Least Total Minutes Played Among the Top 10 In Total Minutes

Congrats again to our 2018-19 champ, @AHawks89!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

37 Wins

1 - Playoff Result - just missed #9 seed.

2 - All-Stars - Trae and Collins

3 - All-Rookie - Hunter and Reddish

4 - Leading Scorer - John Collins

5 - Least Total Minutes Played Among the Top 10 In Total Minutes - Bruno

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Slow start but ending up with a winning record. Throwing 42 wins out there but believe people will simply have so much trouble trying to keep up with our scoring so maybe more wins. Six game first round exit probably with no injuries. Trae and JC are definite All Stars, after this year there will be no looking back on All Star appearances. Every year for a while they will be there. Not too concerned about the other stuff so not going to give myself a headache .  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Although I hate our Center depth, I'll give them a 10 game improvement primarily because of Trae and John but also no Prince and Jalen Adams! So 39 wins

1. 9th seed and will miss the playoffs with some Schlenk magic

2. Trae and Collins will be all stars

3. Hunter will be 1st team all rookie team Cam 2nd team

4. Trae will the most number of total point because John will miss some time

5. Damien Jones

This sounds about right.

I'll say 41 wins, make the POs as an 8 seed.

John, then Trae make it. 

Hunter makes all rookie team, hope Reddish surprises me

Trae will lead us in scoring

Vince will play the least out of the top 10, Jones doesn't crack the top 10 (shout out to the Crabbe/Bembry/Reddish trio, could see it being one of them)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. 41-41/8th seed/1st round exit

2. Ice TrATL & J-Bap All-Stars

3. All Rookies: The Hunter & Code Reddish

4. Leading scorer: J-Bap

5. Least top-10 minutes: Uncle VC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

I will go with 35 wins and miss the playoffs

Trae and Collins allstars

Collins leading scorer

Hunter all rookie

Least top 10 mins:  VC

Damn Vol, lookitchoo being slightly optimistic and whatnot. I like that new suit on you 👏

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1) Record:  36 - 46 . . . 8th seed ( pushes Bud and Milwaukee to 7 games, before losing )

2) All-Stars:  Zero ( Collins will be the one snubbed . . . too many good guards in the East for Trae to make it right now , despite an improved scoring year )

3) All Rookie:  Hunter and Bruno ( both 2nd team )

4) Leading Scorer:  Trae ( 1812 pts  )

5) Least Minutes: Bembry ( 632 min )

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2019 Predictions                

Record Playoff All-Stars   All-Rookie   Scorer Least 10 Min
Spud2nique 46-36 2nd Round 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter JC Turner
NBASupes 44-38 1st Round 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter Trae Jones
Thomas 42-40 1st Round 2 Trae & JC - - - -
TheFuzz 41-41 1st Round 2 Trae & JC 1 Hunter Trae Vince
hazer 41-41 1st Round 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter JC Vince
Peoriabird 39-43 Missed 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter Trae Jones
JayBirdHawk 37-45 Missed 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter JC Bruno
TheNorthCydeRises 36-46 1st Round 0   2 Cam & Hunter Trae Bembry
Vol4ever 35-47 Missed 2 Trae & JC 1 Hunter JC Vince

2019 Predictions                                

Record    Playoff    All-Stars        All-Rookie        Scorer    Least 10 Min
Spud2nique    46-36    2nd Round    2    Trae & JC    2    Cam & Hunter    JC    Turner
NBASupes    44-38    1st Round    2    Trae & JC    2    Cam & Hunter    Trae    Jones
Thomas    42-40    1st Round    2    Trae & JC    -    -    -    -
TheFuzz    41-41    1st Round    2    Trae & JC    1    Hunter    Trae    Vince
hazer    41-41    1st Round    2    Trae & JC    2    Cam & Hunter    JC    Vince
Peoriabird    39-43    Missed    2    Trae & JC    2    Cam & Hunter    Trae    Jones
JayBirdHawk    37-45    Missed    2    Trae & JC    2    Cam & Hunter    JC    Bruno
TheNorthCydeRises    36-46    1st Round    0        2    Cam & Hunter    Trae    Bembry
Vol4ever    35-47    Missed    2    Trae & JC    1    Hunter    JC    Vince

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'll put mine in:

Record: I will go with 43-39, overcoming a dreadful start while the team gels to make a post-AS run when the new faces adjust to CLP's schemes.

Playoff: 1st round, eliminated by Milwaukee in 7. Flashback to 2008 Boston series.

All Stars: Trae and John will make the AS team.

Leading scorer: JC will lead in scoring.

All Rookie: Hunter AND Cam

Least min : Evan Turner SO many wangs

• Like 4

The thing about the ten man rotation is that the beginning of the season, the middle and the end aren't going to be the same I don't think. When does Cam start getting serious minutes? Does Turner bomb and does that mean Bembry, Huerter or Cam are cleaning up those minutes. When is Crabbe ready. And at center by the end of the year am hoping it is Bruno logging minutes behind Len and not Jones but I have no idea. Does Jones pick up the three or not? The "Joker is Wild" with all of this stuff. So anyway it is confusing to the max for me and will admit it is still a lot of fun speculating. At the end of all this still think we force our way into the postseason with a late drive because of our starting five..  

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, AHF said:
2019 Predictions                

Record Playoff All-Stars   All-Rookie   Scorer Least 10 Min
Spud2nique 46-36 2nd Round 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter JC Turner
NBASupes 44-38 1st Round 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter Trae Jones
Thomas 42-40 1st Round 2 Trae & JC - - - -
TheFuzz 41-41 1st Round 2 Trae & JC 1 Hunter Trae Vince
hazer 41-41 1st Round 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter JC Vince
Peoriabird 39-43 Missed 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter Trae Jones
JayBirdHawk 37-45 Missed 2 Trae & JC 2 Cam & Hunter JC Bruno
TheNorthCydeRises 36-46 1st Round 0   2

Cam

Bruno & Hunter

Trae Bembry
Vol4ever 35-47 Missed 2 Trae & JC 1 Hunter JC Vince

Fixed

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

Record 37 -45

1. Miss playoffs

2. 0 with the record I'm predicting, I don't think we'll have any allstars this  upcoming season.  I do believe Trae and John will put up all star numbers.  

3.  Two - D'Hunter (1st team) Cam Reddish (2nd team only because of the initial slow start to the year).

4. Trae Young will lead in total points and points per game.

5. Allen Crabbe - No idea, because this one is super tough.  Much easier to say who will get the least amount of minutes on the team this season.  Most likely Chandler Parsons.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Step right up, step right up....not to late to change your predictions...it's still only preseason, you have until tip off opening night.

Come one, come All!!!😊

Yep...I'll go with my initial gut which was 34 wins...Jones is worse than I though he would be and they changed the offense which makes John less effective.  They can't rebound anymore or not turn the ball over.