• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA requiring teams to Certify players Height, Age, etc.

JayBirdHawk

5 hours ago, JTB said:

I guess I will be dumbass and ask since no one else will or maybe im solo on this one lol!

...Im just curious how exactly they are gambling with their measurements?....trying to get it but its not ringing a bell, help me out first lady of the squawk

More of a liability situation.  Someone can say they relied on the heights of such and such player to bet on something and if that information is false, the NBA could be held liable.  

It's silly, but that's probably why the NBA is doing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JTB said:

I guess I will be dumbass and ask since no one else will or maybe im solo on this one lol!

...Im just curious how exactly they are gambling with their measurements?....trying to get it but its not ringing a bell, help me out first lady of the squawk

@marco102 covered it. More about 'appearance' of transparency than anything, I think.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, sillent said:

But they play with shoes on...

And guys will put lifts in their shoes to fake their real height when it comes to measurements.

This is being done for gambling reasons but I am glad we can get authentic measurements for once.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sillent said:

But they play with shoes on...

Do we measure the height of baseball players in their cleats? The shoe is not part of the human body. It's just an excuse for players to exaggerate their height. And the league is now taking barefoot heights. Any person with half a brain should understand that taking an accurate height requires the removal of ones shoes.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hey let's have boxers wear their gloves at weigh ins. Let's measure the height of football players with their helmet on. Your argument is so stupid, just stop.

@bleachkit - Cut it off with the "stupid" comments.  I know you are directing that at the argument and not the poster but it is too close and people are naturally going to misconstrue that as being directed at them.  Just use something less inflammatory to make your point.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Just remember, Cam is still a growing boy !!

:smug:

David Robinson started playing college ball at Navy at the height of 6'9" so definitely have no idea of Cam's final height at this early point.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's clearly more than an inch taller than Reddish and Hunter, who supposedly were 6'7.5. What team doctor is taking these measurements? He clearly has no clue what he's doing.

To counter this point, in all the pictures you saw they were wearing shoes.  Some shoes can add up to 2 inches in height. Without shoes, which I believe you've been clamoring for, you don't know how much taller John is than the others.

• Like 3