• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA requiring teams to Certify players Height, Age, etc.

JayBirdHawk

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

To counter this point, in all the pictures you saw they were wearing shoes.  Some shoes can add up to 2 inches in height. Without shoes, which I believe you've been clamoring for, you don't know how much taller John is than the others.

Shoes aside, JC is more than an inch taller than Reddish and Hunter. One of these measurements is clearly wrong.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Shoes aside, JC is more than an inch taller than Reddish and Hunter. One of these measurements is clearly wrong.

I'm not too surprised.  Reddish had a growth spurt which was mentioned prominently of late and if you look at their combine measurements they are consistent with what was released given that growth spurt.

John Collins w/o shoes:      6' 8.25''

Cam Reddish w/o shoes:  6'6.5''

DeAndre Hunter w/o shoes:  6'7'' (unofficial)  https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/6/14/18678751/deandre-hunter-nba-draft-scouting-report-virginia-jarrett-culver-atlanta-hawks

Think of it this way.  We know that Reddish and Hunter are an inch or so taller than Prince.  And if you add an inch to Prince in these pictures that checks out that they are about an inch shorter than JC:

Image result for john collins prince

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm not too surprised.  Reddish had a growth spurt which was mentioned prominently of late and if you look at their combine measurements they are consistent with what was released given that growth spurt.

John Collins w/o shoes:      6' 8.25''

Cam Reddish w/o shoes:  6'6.5''

DeAndre Hunter w/o shoes:  6'7'' (unofficial)  https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/6/14/18678751/deandre-hunter-nba-draft-scouting-report-virginia-jarrett-culver-atlanta-hawks

Think of it this way.  We know that Reddish and Hunter are an inch or so taller than Prince.  And if you add an inch to Prince in these pictures that checks out that they are about an inch shorter than JC:

Post the recent team photos with JC and Cam. You'll see JC is clearly at least two inches taller than Cam.

• Moderators
14 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Post the recent team photos with JC and Cam. You'll see JC is clearly at least two inches taller than Cam.

Are you talking about the one that looks like it may be photoshopped with John in the foreground and Cam and Hunter in the background?  I'll wait and see a picture of them actually standing side by side if I'm trying to compare their heights.

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Are you talking about the one that looks like it may be photoshopped with John in the foreground and Cam and Hunter in the background?  I'll wait and see a picture of them actually standing side by side if I'm trying to compare their heights.

Fair enough, but I don't believe those are photoshopped. I would post them, but it's very hard to post photos on chrome.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Fair enough, but I don't believe those are photoshopped. I would post them, but it's very hard to post photos on chrome.

The only ones I've seen have shadows that look completely unnatural and, in any event, aren't side by side but have some people in front of others.

I would also think if the doctor was going to lie about the measurements then one of the first people for whom they would lie would be John Collins.  Your big men and your small guards are traditionally the ones you exaggerate about the most.  Your wings have the typical inaccuracy but not the same incentive to exaggerate because who cares much if they are 6'5, 6'6, 6'7 or 6'8?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not seeing it quickly.  Here is one that looks like the heights are accurate:

100119%20hawks%20photo%20CC15.jpg

As you can see, JC and Cam are both in background standing abreast. If you enlarge the photo and draw a strait horizontal line from the top of JC's head to Cam's head you'll see there's at least 2 to 3 inches of clearance (hair does not count of course).

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

As you can see, JC and Cam are both in background standing abreast. If you enlarge the photo and draw a strait horizontal line from the top of JC's head to Cam's head you'll see there's at least 2 to 3 inches of clearance (hair does not count of course).

You and I don't see that picture the same.  I see the difference as about an inch.  You see 2-3 inches.  I'm assuming the hairlines start about the same spot relative to the top of their heads.

Bottom black line is where Hunter's shoulder meets his neck.  Top line is Hunter's hairline.

100119-hawks-photo-CC15-Lines.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

You and I don't see that picture the same.  I see the difference as about an inch.  You see 2-3 inches.  I'm assuming the hairlines start about the same spot relative to the top of their heads.

Bottom black line is where Hunter's shoulder meets his neck.  Top line is Hunter's hairline.

100119-hawks-photo-CC15-Lines.jpg

Maybe Huerter just has the longest neck

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did Huerter grow? He looks as tall or taller than Hunter!

Pictures are rarely perfect since they are angled and posture varies.  I'm not seeing a big gap between any of Huerter, Hunter, Cam and Collins.  

Cam looks a bit shorter but clearly taller than 6'6'' Carter so doesn't amount to any reason to question the reported heights captured by the team doctor, imo.

• Like 1