• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Final Verdict On Trae/Luka Trade

sillent

I'm sure I know you all's answer but even before Cam hits the floor I would say Trae alone for our team gave us the win. Trae is better than Luka for us (Atlanta) overall. Getting Cam Reddish is not just a bonus but he too can be looked at as a player better than Luka when it's all said and done. Having both of them compared to Luka is a ridiculous advantage in our favor in my opinion. Travis is a genius. Not just because he knows talent and how to find it but the way he manages the money and make picks that are not only very talented but fit very well I have to give my kudos.

John Collins wasn't a pick I was excited about or even really knew and scouted till after his draft. I actually wanted Harry Giles with that pick. I wanted Mo Bamba over Trae and Luka (assuming Schröder would stay). I know this is premature but I didn't want Hunter at 4 at 1st until I actually payed attention to what Hunter can actually bring to this squad overall. Cam and Huerter I was happy where we got both of them and when we got them even though I wasn't as high on Cam I thought this was a good spot. Before the draft trades I wanted to add Bol Bol , Jackson Hayes, Isaiah Roby and Cameron Johnson. Of course their scouts are more informed than me youtubing but point is many other teams in this league missed on players that Travis saw and literally stole. John and Kevin being good examples of this and hopefully Cam adds his name to the list as well as Bruno of players that should have gone way earlier than what they did.

Dallas can be happy with themselves and at the very least feel as if what they got was a win win but when it's all said and done I'm sure everyone with eye's will surely see that we won in that trade. Not a knock on Dallas but happy for us it's a new day in Atlanta because how often have we drafted so well so quickly and overall have been the victor on our trades and moves.

My favorite draft picks pre Schlenk DeMarr Johnson (motor cycle injury ended his career) ,Josh Smith (closes thing to Nique I've seen during his span but not understanding his strength and in game momentum was his achilles), Jeff Teague/Al Horford (I liked Jeff Teague alot more Horford mainly his 1st two years but they both lacked heart) , Dennis Schröder because of his heart but he eliminated the passing ability in his game early  possibly because of Bud but he was originally compared to Rondo for a reason, Taurean Prince (who regressed defensively as well as losing his cat like moves offensively after bulking up from the Dwight Howard influence and DeAndre Bembry who thankfully is still on the team and I predicted he would eventually be better than Prince when it's all said and done.

Sorry for straying a little off topic but I hope I demonstrated that it's a new day, new age, new team, new drafting in Atlanta. We drafted more players in 3 years than in the last couple of decades that I can rock with. In one draft/trade we may have gotten 2 franchise players and the talent cup just doesn't stop running over. I'm excited about management, coaching , squad (the rare trifecta) and I think it's a new day in the A and we are here to witness it first!! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sillent said:

Some might not even live to see your verdict if it takes 10 yrs.. If/since we're being honest/humble

Hey man, I resent that comment but anyway as long as we end up with a trophy with Trae running the show I am good with any verdict. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Yes, Cam could be a bust and Trae could be a Brandon Jennings for all we know.

Both possible but do you really think Trae will become Jennings? Even Pops said Trae just makes you stop and watch his game whether you want to or not. Pretty sure a lot of NBA folks consider that a strong compliment and a precursor for a very positive future. Am guessing HOF myself. Yeah, I get it, two sides to a coin but just the same.... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Both possible but do you really think Trae will become Jennings? Even Pops said Trae just makes you stop and watch his game whether you want to or not. Pretty sure a lot of NBA folks consider that a strong compliment and a precursor for a very positive future. Am guessing HOF myself. Yeah, I get it, two sides to a coin but just the same.... 

That doesn’t mean he will win.

Jason Williams was entertaining to watch also, but it didn’t mean anything in the long term.

So, a player being entertaining to watch only means so much on its own.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

That doesn’t mean he will win.

Jason Williams was entertaining to watch also, but it didn’t mean anything in the long term.

So, a player being entertaining to watch only means so much on its own.

Sounds like we found another Trae hater!  You know how well the Acie Law II thing when for someone else right?

• Premium Member
Just now, Plainview1981 said:

The point is that you can’t say the trade is already settled just because Cam was drafted.

It will be a few years before it is decided.

Your comments were heavily weighted in one direction not evenly...Just pointing out that you didn't even entertain the possibility that Luka could get fat and bust himself

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sounds like we found another Trae hater!  You know how well the Acie Law II thing when for someone else right?

No he just don't wear rose colored glasses like some.  I hope Trae is the best PG in history but until we get into the playoffs and play with the big boys we just dont know.  I like Doncic also and nobody knows about the future with him either.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I resemble that remark...

:smug:

I definitely hope you live to see us win a championship or more. I didn't create how nature works but on the bright/not so bright side you've already outlasted some of us. enough of the grim talk though. I'm usually the one bringing positive vibes to our forum. Let's just not forget reality though and those that are expecting us to win 10 - 20 yrs from now in my opinion are 

3 hours ago, enrique said:

I am with you...never been so excited and positive about the future of the Hawks!!! I have loved the draft strategy and scouting under Schlenk. It seems we have had similar takes on some of the picks and players we didn't take too:) 

With all that said based on only one year (2018-2019) I am great with the Trae-Luka trade. No pick needed. But any final verdict can't really be given until we see how Trae, Luka, and Cam truly develop. I hope all three maximize their performances and have great health.  If they do, then we win on the trade for sure. It seems favorable for us right now, but I will wait before pronouncing final verdict. Hope that makes sense... Please keep the enthusiasm and positivity up however. The Lord knows Hawks fan base needs it😳

I agree. I tend to be a visionary so sometimes I look/see too far in the future and become absent to the present. I guess I'd be better off calling it my prediction than the final verdict but barring the unseen I am very confident in my prediction.

• Like 2