• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

Not to Hijack the thread but Here is an article from the AJC with comments for LP & Collins.   In the article it says Hunter stated he measured 6'7 1'2 without shoes.  No way he is that tall without shoes.   Tried to post Link but it did not work.

Edited by Blunt91
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

Not to Hijack the thread but Here is an article from the AJC with comments for LP & Collins.   In the article it says Hunter stated he measured 6'7 1'2 without shoes.  No way he is that tall without shoes.   Tried to post Link but it did not work.

I think the Hawks team physician is adding an inch. The league should have sent a third party to do the measurements.

42 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think the Hawks team physician is adding an inch. The league should have sent a third party to do the measurements.

Why is it not true? He looks a couple inches taller than Kevin but looks an inch shorter than Cam

• Like 1

Even after the all star break, when the Hawks played their best, they still didn't make the 50% victory total.

Yet, here we are today - Training camp "officially" open and Atlanta probably has as many or more new players as any NBA team.  Hopes are sky high.  Not for the championship, but for that elusive 50% wins for the season.

Naturally, our two lottery picks are getting the most ink right now.  Great things are expected from these two, from the team and all Hawk fans.  How exciting to hear great things about Hunter and Reddish.

Several nagging injuries to several Hawks and one or two still unable to take part in the early work outs.  Yet, all the excitement building up to next week's first pre season game.  This is the most excitement about pre season that I can remember - - ever!  We all want to see if these Hawks can possible be as good as we hope.

:locomotive:

• Like 3

Will be very interesting to see who will be the Hawk's unofficial player of the game or how many honorable mentions there are in that first preseason contest. Those first ones can be ugly stuff with experiments and all but expect a good bit of exciting plays by us in this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJJ now is 7'0.5 250. He gained 20 pounds this summer

As bleachhead alluded, maybe now he can fall his way into a rebound or two.  I doubt it though.  Either reboarding is in you or it isn't, regardless of size.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

As bleachhead alluded, maybe now he can fall his way into a rebound or two.  I doubt it though.  Either reboarding is in you or it isn't, regardless of size.

He is actually projected to only get a little over 5 rebounds a game. Wtf. I know he came in as a weak rebounder but is this just a label 🏷 on him and we give him a pass? I mean he’s Memphis’s guy but if I’m a Grizz fan, I’m worried that we have 2 dynamic power forwards/undersized centers in JJJ and Clarke that don’t rebound well. They better be an all out speed team now you can forget the grind in Memphis moving forward. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

He has been so solid everywhere else that you can live with substandard rebounding but his rebounding really is just pitiful.  I think they intend to pair him with Valanciunas who is a standout rebounder which should make for a pretty good pairing of complimentary skills.

37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He is actually projected to only get a little over 5 rebounds a game. Wtf. I know he came in as a weak rebounder but is this just a label 🏷 on him and we give him a pass? I mean he’s Memphis’s guy but if I’m a Grizz fan, I’m worried that we have 2 dynamic power forwards/undersized centers in JJJ and Clarke that don’t rebound well. They better be an all out speed team now you can forget the grind in Memphis moving forward. 

BC can board though.