Diesel

Vince Carter = Hawks Elder statesman....

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Vince is no charity chase either.  CLP The Don wouldn’t run him if he didn’t compete defensively.  I’m just pissed my man hasn’t throttled the bike yet.

Last year it seemed some of Vince's minutes were not just to help maintain composure but really to keep jerks out of Trae's face. In VC's case the ref would turn a blind eye to that whereas if it was JC doing that stuff it would have been a technical pretty sure. Still probably the greatest asset of Vince is that locker room and practice, like a library of experience we need you know.

• Like 1

Update?

Vince Carter has been out since Nov. 8 and has missed the past five games for personal reasons. The veteran forward is expected to return to action on Wednesday against the Bucks in Atlanta. The 42-year-old is averaging 5.1 points and 2.1 rebounds in 14.5 minutes per game in what is expected to be his final NBA season. -- Spears

That's all I got!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Update?

That's all I got!

Hmm.  That's so weird.  I still believe the writers know the deal but have no interest in sharing out of respect for his privacy.   I just hope it's not an illness or something in the family.  He definitely just could not be on this road trip but can play back home.   It must be pretty serious though given how short handed we already were.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hmm.  That's so weird.  I still believe the writers know the deal but have no interest in sharing out of respect for his privacy.   I just hope it's not an illness or something in the family.  He definitely just could not be on this road trip but can play back home.   It must be pretty serious though given how short handed we already were.  

Agreed. I too wonder what it is but figure the writers are being respectful to Vince's wishes and that's fine.

• Like 1

So his wife having a baby was kept totally secret? I didn't know that was possible these days. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, High5 said:

So his wife having a baby was kept totally secret? I didn't know that was possible these days. 

Yeah.  That's strange.  But i'm glad that's what it was.  

• Thanks 1

Some pregnancies carry higher risk of complications to the mother or baby.  If that sort of thing was the case, I can totally understand wanting to keep it off the radar so he could just focus all his energy on his family and not worry about external reactions.

• Like 2